Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 06:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

I have a friend who had an ERA FIA Cobra which he owned for many years but last snow bird season he sold it & bought a Corvette as his wife with health issues could no longer get in & out of the cobra with ease, I have my doubts that the Corvette is any improvement over the cobra. That cobra has been re-sold twice since he sold it.
Ted you know summers here in Florida are not the time to drive a convertible, it’s to dam HOT, snowbird season will be back soon & you can run with the rest of us.

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Roadster
Not Ranked     

Being married with 3 kids ages 10, 8, and 3, I also find it hard to go on designated cruises. So, I started using mine for some daily stuff, such as taking it to the store and kids practices/games.

Rob
joyridin' likes this.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Pete View Post
Not driving is not all that bad....

Lol. Never gets old!
Old 07-31-2014, 05:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thank you for all the posts, looks like I am not alone. Actually up until 06 when finished building our near 200hp Harley the Cobra was driven a lot played around with road racing when the time allowed. When it comes to Hot Rods I have always considered Harleys to part of that equation. Then a couple of years ago picked up a bike I have wanted since the 60's it has a 580hp V8 between the frame rails.

Don't get me wrong our Cobra is still a car that will reside on a pedestal, but having other toys that more than satisfy that need for speed a lot of times it is so much easier to throw a leg over the bikes. We have every intension of using the car more and will for now the car is pampered in it's own parking spot.
Old 07-31-2014, 11:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2608, Roush 427SR T-W
Not Ranked     

I have noticed I'm not driving around as much anymore due to a recent move. I think you have to have a purpose to drive the Cobra. I might go out for a ride by myself, but that won't put many miles on the Cobra. If you can get into a group and make an overnight run together with the spouse, that makes it a fun ride/event as a group. I suppose I am re-adjusting to my new area. Oh, there are a few little issues with the Cobra I really need to fix and it seems I never get around to fixing them and then I feel like I don't want to drive it "broken".
Old 08-01-2014, 01:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
When I get my Coupe back from a complete rebuild I will be driving it quite a bit. I drove my Cobra a lot but raced it more than I drove on the highways with it. We do have some great roads around here for driving and some scenic ones along the coast. Now if we just had more Cobras here like we used to have.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 08-01-2014, 05:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Most of my Cobra buddies have sold their cars other live so far away it is hard to get together. Course it never really mattered when needing a ride fortunately we have plenty of good roads to have fun with these cars. Finished up another big 2yr resto project yesterday have one more small wiring job on a motorcycle then the Cobra will get the TLC it needs.
Like You SilverSmith our car needs new shoes the BFG's have been on the car since it first hit the floor in 94. Too late in the season for that besides that car has not made any smoke in quite a few years now is the time.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shamrock
Not Ranked     

Although I haven't driven my "Cobra" much in the past 3 years due to it undergoing major changes I look forward to getting it back in the next week or so.

Here in Cape Town we have some of the best day or overnight Cobra drives in the world in good weather, what with the Cape Point route around the Peninsula via Chapmans Peak Drive, trips through the Vineyards in the Stellenbosch and Paarl area, the wheat fields of Malmesbury, the four passes route through Franschhoek, the trip from Gordons Bay to Hermanus via Cape Hangklip and back via the Botriver and Sir Lowrys passes, a blast through the Du Toits Kloof Tunnel (who can resist dropping a gear and a brief bit of acceleration to hear the exhaust echo) to Ceres and back via Baines Kloof Pass and so many more - and all easy day trips of less than 300 km with many world class restaurants on the way. Although traffic can be a problem over the weekends one of the advantages of being part time retired is weekdays are your oyster.

I am REALLY looking forward to getting the car back.