Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   SA Selling 50 Daytona Coupes $$$$ (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/134207-sa-selling-50-daytona-coupes.html)

Wbulk 07-31-2015 03:49 PM

SA Selling 50 Daytona Coupes $$$$

The add says they are selling 50. Are the Aluminum ones Kirkhams?

2015 Aluminum Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, Hacking Cars Is Real, Top 5 Fast Fails - PowerNation Daily | PowerNation

twobjshelbys 07-31-2015 03:58 PM

Already discussed here:

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/shel...ona-coupe.html

fordracing65 07-31-2015 04:13 PM

Of course they are, anyone who wants the best buys the best, Kirkham, even SHELBY knows that...that's why Shelby buys Kirkhams rebadge them and price hikes the **** out of them...

Wbulk 07-31-2015 05:08 PM

Ya, no question about it. This is the first one they built.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...10_Medium_.jpg

fordracing65 07-31-2015 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wbulk (Post 1357536)
Ya, no question about it. This is the first one they built.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...10_Medium_.jpg

Look at those webers just sitting there, love it...

REAL 1 07-31-2015 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1357527)
Of course they are, anyone who wants the best buys the best, Kirkham, even SHELBY knows that...that's why Shelby buys Kirkhams rebadge them and price hikes the **** out of them...

Just like '62 to '68. History has a way of repeating itself.

RodKnock 08-01-2015 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL 1 (Post 1357550)
Just like '62 to '68. History has a way of repeating itself.

Thread discussions have a history of repeating themselves too.

REAL 1 08-02-2015 05:36 AM

Absolutely. Nothings immune. Did you notice it in post #3 or did it take you until post#6 to to see it? :LOL:

fordracing65 08-02-2015 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL 1 (Post 1357693)
Absolutely. Nothings immune. Did you notice it in post #3 or did it take you until post#6 to to see it? :LOL:

He probably noticed both, he wrote a commit didn't he, and so did you, D U M B a s s

Dimis 08-02-2015 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1357695)
He probably noticed both, he wrote a commit didn't he, and so did you, D U M B a s s

Oh no! Evans not dumb. Make no mistake.
He just kinda shorts out on this one little point. :o

Oh, and this little edit to say, the original AC cobra chassis providers have nothing, NOTHING, on Kirkham's production methods or engineering.

...and at least back in the day Shelby added something tangible to the equation, not just badges.

REAL 1 08-02-2015 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1357695)

You meant "comment" and "dumb ass" right. :LOL: Always embarrassing to be corrected by a dumb ass. :MECOOL:

REAL 1 08-02-2015 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1357704)
Oh no! Evans not dumb. Make no mistake.
He just kinda shorts out on this one little point. :o

Oh, and this little edit to say, the original AC cobra chassis providers have nothing, NOTHING, on Kirkham's production methods or engineering.

...and at least back in the day Shelby added something tangible to the equation, not just badges.

A little edit to your edit.

Yes, correct. The Kirkham Cobras are far better cars then the originals ever were so are the continuation Shelbys. Further, back in the day Shelby improved the car and thats what made it a Shelby Cobra. Simple enough. Nothing to change now. Just duplicate it.

BTW SAI did incorporate their own suspension components early on in the early continuation cars and did not use Kirkham components circa 1997 to 2001. Don't know what they do now.

fordracing65 08-02-2015 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL 1 (Post 1357717)
You meant "comment" and "dumb ass" right. :LOL: Always embarrassing to be corrected by a dumb ass. :MECOOL:

Spelling means nothing on a forum where we are having fun, I could care less about spelling, what I do know how to do is count my money, and s h i t on folks like you, and every time you get the point... it must suck to go through life being a spelling teacher, I remember in 3rd grade kicking the teachers a s s because I wanted to...

Wbulk 08-02-2015 10:34 AM

I apologize for starting this tread over again. I really didn't see it before. Take it as another opportunity to argue amongst yourselves.

Another picture
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...13_Medium_.jpg

REAL 1 08-02-2015 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fordracing65 (Post 1357732)
Spelling means nothing on a forum where we are having fun, I could care less about spelling, what I do know how to do is count my money, and s h i t on folks like you, and every time you get the point... it must suck to go through life being a spelling teacher, I remember in 3rd grade kicking the teachers a s s because I wanted to...

You kicked your teacher's "a s s" in third grade simply because you wanted to? :eek: My, you are a tough little bugger. :LOL:

This really occured in 3rd grade? Really? Let me guess you grew up as a child traveling with gypsies in a circus and were taught by (or in your case attempted to be taught by) circus midgets or you went to elementary school in the land of Oz?

Either way, sad to throw education away at such an early age but it does explain your posts the last of which unequivocally proves a mind is a terrible thing to waste.
:LOL:

REAL 1 08-02-2015 04:37 PM

Where are the panels formed for the coupe?

Dimis 08-02-2015 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL 1 (Post 1357758)
or you went to elementary school in the land of Oz?

Errr... you'll find the teaching standards and benchmarks in Oz exceed those in the US... but never mind... :o

rodneym 08-02-2015 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimis (Post 1357791)
Errr... you'll find the teaching standards and benchmarks in Oz exceed those in the US... but never mind... :o

University level?

Dimis 08-02-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodneym (Post 1357793)
University level?

We were talking about primary (but true also for and secondary) %/
...and I was twisting what Evan meant by "Oz".

But since we are on the topic, to your point -- It all depends how you measure... By percentage Yes, by sheer volume No... :o

But you don't bank percentages now do you ;)

jhv48 08-02-2015 05:49 PM

I hate to change the subject, but Shelby Co. sure knows how to strike while the iron is hot.

Brilliant marketing while the name still means something.