23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree38Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2015, 07:28 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's Garage View Post
Always worth a laugh if you can bring yourself to read through another senseless diatribe from a man owned by his kit car replica.

"separating the wheat from the shaft", is that why all them hillbillies have missin' teeth, ain't too good at separatin' the wheat from the shaft
Yes, to you it would be senseless. Not surprised.

And you own what again????

Envy/Sour grapes is tough to live with.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-19-2015 at 07:35 AM..
Old 09-19-2015, 07:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

If you want to really be factually correct, it's "separating the wheat from the CHAFF."

So if an original cobra is the wheat, you're calling all the rest chaff?
Makes perfect sense to me now.
Jaydee likes this.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:33 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
If you want to really be factually correct, it's "separating the wheat from the CHAFF."

So if an original cobra is the wheat, you're calling all the rest chaff?
Makes perfect sense to me now.
Sorry you are correct. Its Chaff.

As to the second sentence....No, to me Shelby Cobras whether original or continuation are wheat. The rest is chaff.

To you it can be what it is to you. Matters not a wit to me.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

Obviously it does or you wouldn't be so quick to defend your position.

Unless of course you meant it literally. Separating wheat from chaff is to separate the part of the wheat that is valuable from that that is worthless. If that is what you meant, then you're calling all the replicas (other than yours of course) worthless?

I think there might just be a few replica owners that might disagree with you.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Obviously it does or you wouldn't be so quick to defend your position.

Unless of course you meant it literally. Separating wheat from chaff is to separate the part of the wheat that is valuable from that that is worthless. If that is what you meant, then you're calling all the replicas (other than yours of course) worthless?

I think there might just be a few replica owners that might disagree with you.
This wheat field has already been hoed, the only wheat here is an original 60's cobra, all the rest is chaff including continuations per court ruling by three judges. Evan happens to own a very expensive piece of chaff and that irkes him to no end
Jaydee likes this.

Last edited by Joe's Garage; 09-19-2015 at 08:19 AM..
Old 09-19-2015, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good catch, Joe.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Sorry you are correct. Its Chaff.

As to the second sentence....No, to me Shelby Cobras whether original or continuation are wheat. The rest is chaff.

To you it can be what it is to you. Matters not a wit to me.
AC-Ford-Shelby Cobra from the 60's is the wheat , all the rest tributes, replicas, continuation, kit cars ect are all the chaff. ( Really cool , fun and in a lot of cases a better performing car than the originals, chaff.)
Old 09-19-2015, 10:28 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Yes, yes. Of course, of course there are many non Shelby owners that will disagree with me.

Seems like Shelby Continuation owners aren't entitled to their own positions either without being attacked.

To me Shelby Cobras Continuation or original are the wheat. The rest is the Chaff as far as not being genuine Cobras. The chaff may be great cars mechanically and great at copying a Shelby Cobra but they ain't Shelby Cobras. Sorry. That's how I see it and so to the vast majority of Continuation owners. Those that own "chaff" see me as owning more expensive chaff. So I guess to you I own Shelby chaff and you own non Shelby chaff. That's cool.

I'm not irked one bite since I already own a Shelby Cobra. Its those that own a fake of a Shelby Cobra here that appear irked to me because I am saying like I see it.

Actually, if you notice I'm not "defending" my position but I merely stating it. I could got into all the legal and factual arguments that "support" it but won't. Many here won't be able to follow along or pretend not to follow along anyway. Waste of time.

It's right here in black and white. It's another shining example of others here that are attacking my position when I was merely making the point that what is "better" is subjective in many cases and "brand" may be deemed to make something better for intangible reasons to that person.

Hey, Joe, what do you own again? You didn't say. Pics please.

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-19-2015 at 10:34 AM..
Old 09-19-2015, 11:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham #185, Shelby Alloy 482; sold
Not Ranked     

Evan, does your wheat have any Kirkham DNA?
Old 09-19-2015, 11:47 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kirkam's are not included in my definition of chaff.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of Long Live the Bow tie Contemporary #102 427 Chevy .30 over Merlin heads 11to1, TBI injection
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Yes, yes. Of course, of course there are many non Shelby owners that will disagree with me.

Seems like Shelby Continuation owners aren't entitled to their own positions either without being attacked.

To me Shelby Cobras Continuation or original are the wheat. The rest is the Chaff as far as not being genuine Cobras. The chaff may be great cars mechanically and great at copying a Shelby Cobra but they ain't Shelby Cobras. Sorry. That's how I see it and so to the vast majority of Continuation owners. Those that own "chaff" see me as owning more expensive chaff. So I guess to you I own Shelby chaff and you own non Shelby chaff. That's cool.

I'm not irked one bite since I already own a Shelby Cobra. Its those that own a fake of a Shelby Cobra here that appear irked to me because I am saying like I see it.

Actually, if you notice I'm not "defending" my position but I merely stating it. I could got into all the legal and factual arguments that "support" it but won't. Many here won't be able to follow along or pretend not to follow along anyway. Waste of time.

It's right here in black and white. It's another shining example of others here that are attacking my position when I was merely making the point that what is "better" is subjective in many cases and "brand" may be deemed to make something better for intangible reasons to that person.

Hey, Joe, what do you own again? You didn't say. Pics please.
So Evan does the current incarnation of AC Cars LTD Heritage and their COBRA , is that the same chaff as the current incarnation of Shelby American and their COBRA??? Or are they both the wheat???
Old 09-19-2015, 11:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

OK, I admit that my original post on this thread was asking people to behave in a way that is contrary to human nature. That came to me as I noted that the debate it inspired has come down to the usual, “Mine is better than yours,” and “No it’s not!” It turns out this behavior is well documented and described by a concept called “Social Identify Theory.”

A classic example of social identity is when a person chooses to be a fan of a sports team, for example the Alabama Crimson Tide football team. The person may or may not have ever set foot in Tuscaloosa, but they come to identify with the team and view its successes and setbacks as their own. As people like the feeling of success more than setbacks, the teams that accumulate the largest number of otherwise unassociated fans are those with the longest history of winning performances.

An important aspect of social identity is efforts by fans to make their team look better than others. An unfortunate side effect of this is that many fans feel that they can make their team look better by making the other teams looks worse. This is why it hard for the fans of Alabama’s arch rival to cheer for the Tide even when a Tide victory would benefit both teams.

I believe much of what we have seen between Evan and many others is a simple case of social identity behavior. Each of us, myself included, has associated with a brand of car that looks like a Shelby Cobra and was manufactured after 1970 (henceforth referred to as a Cobra replica). Every time one of us says something positive about the brand we identify with, all the others see that as an effort to diminish the brand they identify with. The common response is to attempt to diminish the brand of the offending person. If we were arguing about sports teams, we might get to settle it for a few weeks at the end of each season. But as there is no objective way to declare a winning brand of Cobra replica, we are left with endless arguments that will never be won.

So the bottom line is this. I withdraw my request that people stop claiming their favorite brand of Cobra replica is better than all the others. I think it’s a stupid thing for them to do, but it would be even stupider for me to think they could ever change. We are only human after all.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 09-19-2015, 12:10 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor maine View Post
So Evan does the current incarnation of AC Cars LTD Heritage and their COBRA , is that the same chaff as the current incarnation of Shelby American and their COBRA??? Or are they both the wheat???
Don't know enough about them to form an opinion.
Old 09-19-2015, 12:14 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
OK, I admit that my original post on this thread was asking people to behave in a way that is contrary to human nature. That came to me as I noted that the debate it inspired has come down to the usual, “Mine is better than yours,” and “No it’s not!” It turns out this behavior is well documented and described by a concept called “Social Identify Theory.”

A classic example of social identity is when a person chooses to be a fan of a sports team, for example the Alabama Crimson Tide football team. The person may or may not have ever set foot in Tuscaloosa, but they come to identify with the team and view its successes and setbacks as their own. As people like the feeling of success more than setbacks, the teams that accumulate the largest number of otherwise unassociated fans are those with the longest history of winning performances.

An important aspect of social identity is efforts by fans to make their team look better than others. An unfortunate side effect of this is that many fans feel that they can make their team look better by making the other teams looks worse. This is why it hard for the fans of Alabama’s arch rival to cheer for the Tide even when a Tide victory would benefit both teams.

I believe much of what we have seen between Evan and many others is a simple case of social identity behavior. Each of us, myself included, has associated with a brand of car that looks like a Shelby Cobra and was manufactured after 1970 (henceforth referred to as a Cobra replica). Every time one of us says something positive about the brand we identify with, all the others see that as an effort to diminish the brand they identify with. The common response is to attempt to diminish the brand of the offending person. If we were arguing about sports teams, we might get to settle it for a few weeks at the end of each season. But as there is no objective way to declare a winning brand of Cobra replica, we are left with endless arguments that will never be won.

So the bottom line is this. I withdraw my request that people stop claiming their favorite brand of Cobra replica is better than all the others. I think it’s a stupid thing for them to do, but it would be even stupider for me to think they could ever change. We are only human after all.
Correct. What is better to you not necessarily better to me. Like I said to begin with define "better".
Old 09-19-2015, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Don't know enough about them to form an opinion.
Of all the many posts and rants, this one made me spew my drink onto the keyboard. You should be a comedian.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
... Hey, Joe, what do you own again? You didn't say. Pics please.
Already asked and already answered. Seems that is your default question when you run out of the BS. Read SLOWLY and try to understand chaffee.

How do you handle the questions?

Choke on it.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:12 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinatlanta View Post
Of all the many posts and rants, this one made me spew my drink onto the keyboard. You should be a comedian.
Glad you enjoyed it.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:15 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Already asked and already answered. Seems that is your default question when you run out of the BS. Read SLOWLY and try to understand chaffee.

How do you handle the questions?

Choke on it.
Gimmie a post number. Vaguely recall it. Not that memorable.

My my aren't we getting a little testy. Hit a nerve?

Last edited by REAL 1; 09-19-2015 at 01:32 PM..
Old 09-19-2015, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Gimmie a post number. Vaguely recall it. Not that memorable.
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer either, that's a hot link to the post.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer either, that's a hot link to the post.
denial keeps him from seeing the link.
Closed Thread