21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2016, 02:25 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
What is the "stress test"?
Or they can just inject you with a powerful stimulant and see if the heart bursts. That way you know for sure that you failed the test.
Old 11-20-2016, 02:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

No Bueno....take your second chance and quit smoking, get as much exercise as possible, lose 20 pounds and eat a sensible diet and have as much sex as you are allowed...

I will add that I am a Engineer an not a doctor, but I did play a lot of doctor in my youth so I know what I am talking about....oh ya...wear your seat belt.
Millsy and ACHiPo like this.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Or they can just inject you with a powerful stimulant and see if the heart bursts. That way you know for sure that you failed the test.
There are two kinds of stress tests. One is the treadmill where you actually work. The other is a chemical-induced. For some reason they doctor did the chemical on me, and those that were performing the test had no idea why.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:30 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
There are two kinds of stress tests. One is the treadmill where you actually work. The other is a chemical-induced. For some reason they doctor did the chemical on me, and those that were performing the test had no idea why.
That's the problem with stress tests. You can't really "pass them," but you can clearly fail them. It's like revving your FE to 7500, with no problems, and then a week later you send a rod through the side of your block just backing out of the driveway.
Old 11-20-2016, 03:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Some polish thing... With some old engine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
Doc bought shares in the pharmaceutical company selling them.
Old 11-20-2016, 06:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

My stress test back 4 years ago was blood drawn, treadmill, scope through a vein and a finger up my wazoo, and I passed all. This was at our respected world wide Nebraska Heart Institute.

Running on the tread mill almost made me pass out, as my head was exploading. I actually jumped off and laid down for 15 minutes with ice packs. I told them this may happen, but they said we must do this, and we'll be here for you ! Ya right.

The non-smoking is tough, especially first waking up in the morning, and when going to bed.
With my headaches and especially the "zaps" in my head, I don't sleep well, so I'm up and down all night. Several years ago I moved into a second bedroom as I was waking Patty up a lot.

I'm happy our racing season is done, because I smoked more working on the car at the track and at the shop.

I feel lucky and blessed, compared to some of you.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I've had my own heart issues though mine wasn't a blockage but rather a virus that effected my heart muscle. Thankfully with time and medicine, I've recovered but many with my problem don't. The thing I'd like to point out to all of you is if you're over 50, talk to your doctor about having an echocardiogram. It's totally non-invasive, takes about 10 minutes and can spot an issue before it becomes a life threatening problem. I've had probably 30 of them and it's no big deal at all and could save your life.
Larry

Larry
Old 11-20-2016, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I also had the echocardiogram done 4 years ago and again before my surgery. Really neat to watch on the monitor.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
Well, I assume you have the choice of which method. If it were me, then I'd tell the doctor to go F him or her self before they inject me with chemicals, if the other option is a treadmill.

Sheesh, the doctor can just meet me at the gym and I'll run on a treadmill for couple hours. Then I'll ask the doctor "Can you do that?"

Last edited by RodKnock; 11-20-2016 at 08:21 PM..
Old 11-20-2016, 08:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I've had a few stress tests. Because of a seriously bad knee I wasn't able to do the treadmill. I had the chemical induced ones. It's a weird felling when the chemicals hit!

I've had 3 serious right knee injuries in my life time. The worst was being struck by a 67 Chevelle in a parking lot and being rammed, full throttle into a work truck with me in between. The bumpers were just above and below my knees. I've had 6 surgeries on the right knee. Then this past March I had a full knee replacement.

The knee replacement has been a miracle. For the first time since I was 17 I can walk normally and with out pain. I have a stress test coming up. I'm attempting to do the tread mill.

Next is to get my shoulders fixed!
Pete Munroe likes this.
Old 11-21-2016, 03:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have had some stress tests but none that involved chemicals. The treadmill was one of them and various other things. And three of them involved a very long written test that they supposedly used in Vietnam to test the stress levels of pilots. That was the worst one and it took almost 4 hours to complete it.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 11-21-2016, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by john chesnut View Post
I've had a few stress tests. Because of a seriously bad knee I wasn't able to do the treadmill. I had the chemical induced ones. It's a weird felling when the chemicals hit!

I've had 3 serious right knee injuries in my life time. The worst was being struck by a 67 Chevelle in a parking lot and being rammed, full throttle into a work truck with me in between. The bumpers were just above and below my knees. I've had 6 surgeries on the right knee. Then this past March I had a full knee replacement.

The knee replacement has been a miracle. For the first time since I was 17 I can walk normally and with out pain. I have a stress test coming up. I'm attempting to do the tread mill.

Next is to get my shoulders fixed!
I had a partial replacemet of my left shoulder 2 years ago at age 41 and highly recommend it. Then i could take my motorcycle out about 13 times a year, after the replacement i have gone out 33 times this year around 2 hrs of riding each time and if the weather improves i will be adding to that BUT it didnt make all the pain go away but much more livable, now if i could only get my Cobra before Winter really kicks in.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Cobra Auto Works body, Ron Godell Racecars chassis, 1989 Mustang GT 5.0 HO (converted to carb), W/C T-5, 3.73's in a Ford 9" Traction-Loc.
Not Ranked     

Kev!!! You'd better be careful, amigo...

You did yourself a great favor when you quit smoking...my mom was on death's doorstep when at 60 years of age she went to a hypnotist to stop smoking. She lived until 84. You'll never regret it once the cravings go away!

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery...healthy vibes aimed your way!

Doug
Pete Munroe likes this.

No names were changed to protect the innocent!
Old 05-02-2017, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello everyone, I've always had a high spirit of life, God and Jesus in my heart and soul and a good attitude, but I feel all but the Lord, is slipping away.

I hate to dump this on all you guys, but one of the reasons that keep my spirit for life, is the Cobra. We all know driving our Cobras give us excitment and when we have life problems, it raises our spirit and happyness.

When my engine builder stole my money and parts for my dream engine, it with my bad health, I haven't had much of my spirt left. Just when I got some back, and started getting excited about building a engine,.....life again is taking my spirit away.

Anyone new to my thread needs to read the first page, about all of my situation. To all others, sorry, just more crap. Except,......I'm RADIOACTIVE ! lol.....

I've had "Coronary Artery Spasm's" for a week.

Back in November 2016, you know I had a heart attack, went through surgery and have felt real well since then. Even quit smoking that day !

Last Tuesday I started having chest pain and still having cronic heart burn. The only differences were no arm pain, but my chest pain was more wide spread than with my attack in Nov. The pain would come and go, so Patty and I didn't know what to think.
The pain increased daily and on Saturday morning at 6:00 am, it got worse, and by 3:00 pm, I couldn't stand it anymore, so off to the hospital we went.
In the ER, they said my heart was pumping my chest, and you could actually see it !
It's called a "Coronary Artery Spasm"

"It's a temporary tightening (constriction) of the muscles in the wall of one of the arteries that supplies blood flow to your heart muscle. ... If the spasm lasts long enough, it can lead to chest pain (angina) and even a heart attack (myocardial infarction)
I had taken 6 of my Nitroglycerin pill's within 6 hrs Saturday morning, but would work for an hour or so, then the bad pain was back, so in the ER, they put a gel form of Nitroglycerin that is a patch, over my heart. It worked in two minutes, then faded.
They hooked me up to a electrocardiogram and something cool, a
Nuclear Imaging Test called, "Ccardiac Nuclear Scan".

"It's an imaging procedure in which a small amount of "radioactive material" is injected into a vein. (The radioactive material does not harm your body or organs.) A special camera (a gamma camera, see below) and a computer take pictures of the heart. Sometimes the pictures are taken during a stress test as well".
So,........I was glowing. lol....

My heart surgeon said, "it's gonna pop out" ! Lol,..... "See you in the OR".
It went very well with no issues.We got home this afternoon.

Can't do much for a few weeks and no lifting for two weeks.

If this is a test from the Lord, I'm sorry, but,......STOP IT ! lol......

Anyway, I'm resting and feel physical,....well. Can't beleive how much better I feel than a week ago.

But I need my spirit lifted before it's all used up, and my life over.

Prayers are needed.

Thanks, my fellow Cobra guys & gals.

Kev

Last edited by FUNFER2; 05-02-2017 at 12:12 PM..
Old 05-02-2017, 12:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, LS3
Not Ranked     

Gheesh man you cant catch a break. You will be in my prayers, hang in there the best you can. Not really sure what else to say but goodluck and keep that great attitude going!
Old 05-02-2017, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We all have to remember, there's always someone worse off than you.,
Millions,.......

Thanks, appreciate it.
Old 05-02-2017, 12:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #347
Not Ranked     

Remember Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.

Praying your spirit is lifted up and that you are able to enjoy each of the precious days ahead.
Old 05-02-2017, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Prayers for you Kev. I hope to see your Cobra return as well as your health. You're way too young to be having all these problems. I also hope you have put down those coffin nails. They are doing you no good. God be with you, my friend.

-Dave
Old 05-02-2017, 02:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, Roush 402R
Not Ranked     

Wishing you a speedy recovery.
For anyone wanting to quit smoking, Allen Carr's book Easy Way To Quit Smoking is tremendous and you won't have cravings. Worked for me 10 years ago (and know quite a few others it's helped).
https://www.amazon.ca/Allen-Carrs-Ea.../dp/0973468408
Old 05-02-2017, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dave, and everyone, thanks. Need my Cobra buddies.