Old 05-02-2017, 10:18 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rowan Replicars, 352 4V
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by vntgspd View Post
Remember Romans 8:28

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose.

Praying your spirit is lifted up and that you are able to enjoy each of the precious days ahead.
Amen, It's wonderful to here from men of faith that love cars. Trust in the Lord, he knows all things.

Rowan Replicars 1965 Cobra Replica
352 4V, T5, Jaguar Posi rear end with 3.30 gears.
https://www.facebook.com/pormgb/
Old 05-03-2017, 04:01 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNFER2 View Post
Hello everyone, I've always had a high spirit of life, God and Jesus in my heart and soul and a good attitude, but I feel all but the Lord, is slipping away.

I hate to dump this on all you guys, but one of the reasons that keep my spirit for life, is the Cobra. We all know driving our Cobras give us excitment and when we have life problems, it raises our spirit and happyness.

When my engine builder stole my money and parts for my dream engine, it with my bad health, I haven't had much of my spirt left. Just when I got some back, and started getting excited about building a engine,.....life again is taking my spirit away.

Anyone new to my thread needs to read the first page, about all of my situation. To all others, sorry, just more crap. Except,......I'm RADIOACTIVE ! lol.....

I've had "Coronary Artery Spasm's" for a week.

Back in November 2016, you know I had a heart attack, went through surgery and have felt real well since then. Even quit smoking that day !

Last Tuesday I started having chest pain and still having cronic heart burn. The only differences were no arm pain, but my chest pain was more wide spread than with my attack in Nov. The pain would come and go, so Patty and I didn't know what to think.
The pain increased daily and on Saturday morning at 6:00 am, it got worse, and by 3:00 pm, I couldn't stand it anymore, so off to the hospital we went.
In the ER, they said my heart was pumping my chest, and you could actually see it !
It's called a "Coronary Artery Spasm"

"It's a temporary tightening (constriction) of the muscles in the wall of one of the arteries that supplies blood flow to your heart muscle. ... If the spasm lasts long enough, it can lead to chest pain (angina) and even a heart attack (myocardial infarction)
I had taken 6 of my Nitroglycerin pill's within 6 hrs Saturday morning, but would work for an hour or so, then the bad pain was back, so in the ER, they put a gel form of Nitroglycerin that is a patch, over my heart. It worked in two minutes, then faded.
They hooked me up to a electrocardiogram and something cool, a
Nuclear Imaging Test called, "Ccardiac Nuclear Scan".

"It's an imaging procedure in which a small amount of "radioactive material" is injected into a vein. (The radioactive material does not harm your body or organs.) A special camera (a gamma camera, see below) and a computer take pictures of the heart. Sometimes the pictures are taken during a stress test as well".
So,........I was glowing. lol....

My heart surgeon said, "it's gonna pop out" ! Lol,..... "See you in the OR".
It went very well with no issues.We got home this afternoon.

Can't do much for a few weeks and no lifting for two weeks.

If this is a test from the Lord, I'm sorry, but,......STOP IT ! lol......

Anyway, I'm resting and feel physical,....well. Can't beleive how much better I feel than a week ago.

But I need my spirit lifted before it's all used up, and my life over.

Prayers are needed.

Thanks, my fellow Cobra guys & gals.

Kev
Kev,

Very illuminating ....Glad they caught things early before they had to use the jumper cables from your Cobra

Hang in there and you'll be back behind the wheel in no time.

Bill S & Family

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 05-03-2017, 04:20 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Kevin,

Best of wishes and you are in my prayers. My whole family has had a history of heart trouble and I know what it is like. Hang in there and think of the good times ahead with the Cobra.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 05-04-2017, 11:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Bill, "jumper cables from your Cobra" lol.....

The money I saved for a side oiler block and heads, have to go to medical now.
Wonder if my wife would work down on the corner at night ?
Old 05-23-2017, 03:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1966 Lone Star 427SC.
Not Ranked     

Sorry, been more active here lately, but forgot to update.

Got excited the last few days looking at different engine options, but that's kind of ended.

With having cronic acid reflex (and GERD, see below) disease for many years, it and my always sore neck and shoulder muscles, it's very difficult to know whether the pain is from that, or my heart. I always have mild to strong pain just below my breast bone from the acid reflux. Most of us have heard that doctors say, pain in your chest, neck, shoulders and the real telling,....left arm pain, could mean you're having a heart attack. Well,...I have that a lot, for most my adult life.

My cardiologist, ears, nose & throat doc and gastroesophageal doctor's just shrug their shoulders. lol.....do the best you can and if in doubt, take your asprin and nitroglycerin medication and go to the ER.

I beleive that too, it's just that the cost is very high with our suckass insurance we've had for the last 10 years, and may get worse. Just an x-ray is $3,000, plus the cardi doc, hospital etc, etc,......we can't afford this if it turns out my heart is ok.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, I had a pain like someone put one foot on my chest, then off, and short of breath. I'm on two meds that can cause short of breath, so I waited about 5-6 days, then went in for tests. Come to find out, I was having short heart attacks called heart spasm.

I can't explain it so,...

Coronary artery spasm is a temporary tightening (constriction) of the muscles in the wall of one of the arteries that supplies blood flow to your heart muscle. ... If the spasm lasts long enough, it can lead to chest pain (angina) and even a heart attack (myocardial infarction).

I was shocked. Patty hit me saying,....pay attention to yourself ! lol

Now I'm taking 12 different medications twice per day. Some are one's taken for years, some new.

As I mentioned above, if you guys hace bad heartburn, please read on.

I have "GERD" with the acid reflux. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)

Acid reflux runs in my family, and heard a few weeks ago that one nephew and maybe,....his brother (my brother, their father, was killed many years ago, but he also had heartburn)

Anyway, one had surgery and feels great, so I have a appointment with my gastro doc soon.

I have had the problems below for YEARS, been on meds and tums for heartburn, and our family doc has said nothing,....abour possible GERD.

I've had a constant cough for YEARS, and he said to quit smoking, and I did with no change.
described as a burning pain in the middle of the chest. It may start high in the abdomen or may extend up the neck or back. Sometimes the pain may be sharp or pressure-like, rather than burning. Such pain can mimic heart pain (angina). Typically, heartburn related to GERD is seen more commonly after a meal. Other symptoms of GERD include:

Hoarseness. If acid reflux gets past the upper esophageal sphincter, it can enter the throat (pharynx) and even the voice box (larynx), causing hoarseness or sore throat.
Laryngitis.
Chronic dry cough, especially at night. GERD is a common cause of unexplained coughing. It is not clear how cough is caused or aggravated by GERD.
Asthma. Refluxed acid can worsen asthma by irritating the airways. And asthma and the medications used to treat it can make GERD worse.
Feeling as if there is a lump in your throat.
Sudden increase of saliva.
Bad breath.
Earaches.
Chest pain/discomfort. Seek immediate emergency medical help (Call 911) for any chest pain.

So, if any of you have these issues, please talk with your doctor !

Now with even more bills, and expecting more, we don't ever see how we can find the money to build a engine.

Honestly, "my spirit for life" is about broken. Driving the Cobra always made me feel better.

I've never felt so old and depressed.

Sorry to vent,
Kev