Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mark,
I really don't remember, if it was a B-210 or a B-10. I thought, I remembered B-10 but then Dugly said about the B-210. It doesn't matter, if they didn't change the molds around the window and still can provide the windshield. I looked at there web site and it is worse than terrible for info. It use to be a lot better. If it were me, I would make a stiff cardboard cut out of the windshield that fits your car and when the weather up there improves, make a trip to Shell Valley. Lay it over their windshield an see how they compare. The other alternative is to make a pattern for the windshield and at a set height a pattern for the curve of the windshield and send it to them. I would make the patterns and make the trip and look at the trip as a buying trip for pedals etc. if you plan to build the car. Once you confirm it is the R&D car, then you could pickup the rear window also. The side windows are an easy make later in the build process.

Bill K
Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Thanks Bill. You must of replied when I was posting more pictures. Did you see the pictures in the posts before you posted? I agree if I find out this is one of there bodies I will drive out to see them. It would be nice to have the windshield , rear hatch window, and headlight covers.

If you go to this link DAYTONA COUPE BODY/CHASSIS PARTS & PACKAGES, PRICING & GALLERY

You can click on the word body and other things will come up and you can see what the floor or doors look like. On that site you can see more than on shell valley's site.

The body I have is just like this one. But I don't know if they made it or had them made for them.

Does anyone know?

Mark
Old 02-23-2017, 09:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mark,

Nothing is ever 100%, but I am 99.9% sure that is an R&D body. R&D had their bodies made by an outside source who used GP Resin and a chopper gun, and that's what that body looks like. The body was taken from a model of CSX-2299. This may give you an advantage as that car had a higher roof line, making the interior on that car higher than the other 5 cars. 2299 had a very flat top to the rear, this was also present in the spoiler which is very flat across the top. In my opinion, your medal frame is to low on the upper side. Send me your E-mail address and I will send you some photos of my back end and its spoiler.

Bill K
Old 02-23-2017, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bill I am not sure what you mean by your metal frame is low on the upper side. I know it is not a very good picture. the metal frame is just sitting on the glass body. The metal frame is the gutter portion of the rear hatch for my scratch built chassis. There is two tubes on the rear corners for drains. these are keeping it from sitting down in the rear like it should. Also my gutter at the rear is narrower and longer and have a different contour than the glass body. The rear profile tube is the right width and height as the glass body and follows the lower profile but you can see the difference in the upper part of it.

I sent you a PM with my email.
Mark
Old 02-23-2017, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am not talking about the window area, I am talking about the next picture with the frame that uses a tube. Is this the tube that forms the rib where the top meets the back piece where the tail lights would go? I am probably wrong but I seem to remember that back piece on the R&D car was flat which is not correct, it is concave.

Bill K
Old 02-23-2017, 11:29 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Bill OK I see. It does go where shown but under the aluminum skin. I took that picture to show the difference in shape of the glass car. You can see it is a lot flatter up along the top of that panel. Yes the rear panel on the glass body is concaved on the rear panel like it should be.

Mark
Old 02-24-2017, 06:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I spent some quality time with the pressure washer in the rain yesterday. It will still need some scrubbing but cleaning up nicely.

Mark

Name:  DSCN6109.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  47.2 KB

Name:  DSCN6110.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  26.1 KB
Old 02-24-2017, 07:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF MKII Riverside Racer FIA
Not Ranked     

Looks way better!
Old 02-25-2017, 11:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What do I need to take photos of so we can pin down who manufactured this body? Any place to look for pictures of the shell valley body and chassis as received from Shell valley? I have spent lots of time looking but have come up with Zip.

I listed this on Craigslist. Within one hour Got a call. They wanted to know if it was 4 wheel drive.

Mark
Old 02-25-2017, 06:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

Yes, it is all wheel drive!
Advertise it on EBAY, here or Cobra country for a more informed buyer. It is a very specific car requiring a more focused audience. The folks who know what they are looking at will offer you what it's worth. You aren't going to get a good price on CL, just 4-wheel tire kickers!!

MK.

M. Krause

Last edited by krausewich; 02-26-2017 at 05:21 AM..
Old 03-06-2017, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: original a/c. shell valley 427. daytona coupe
Not Ranked     

R & D all the way. I have done both r&d and Shell valley.The #67 on shell valleys sight is mine and was the proto type after rich Anderson purchased r&d and we came up with the hourglass frame for those of us that are larger and not tiny like ken miles was....................m
Old 03-06-2017, 09:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Silverback Is there any chance you looked at this link. DAYTONA COUPE BODY/CHASSIS PARTS & PACKAGES, PRICING & GALLERY

You can see that the bottom looks like and other parts look like. Do you think the one in the link was made by R&D?

Thanks for looking.

Mark
Old 03-06-2017, 10:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I looked at the body on that link and based on what I see It looks like the same as R&D's I wouldn't be surprised at all If someone splashed a mold off one of there bodies. The R&D molds where purchased by shell valley, and they still have them.The dash that comes with that body [fiberglass] also looks identical. I replace mine with aluminum but the fiberglass looks the same in the pictures as does the tub. If I remember shell valley was supplying at least one other builder with some bodies but I would have to talk to Dana to try and come up with a number. The first one I built was an R&D those guys where very nice to deal with. That car#27 was used as a prototype. when Rich Anderson saw it for the first time at my shop he basically went back to Nebraska and bought r&d stuff. I then let those guy's have it for 6 months or so and we came up with the latest generation like I said # 67 was the first of the new ones. as far as the first generation factory five If I remember Bill Hough in Norwell mass built the molds for it and it is not close to the r&d The shape is quite a bit different and like it was said before shell valley is a 90'' wheelbase most everybody else has a longer wheelbase. Bill has a lot of molds for the gt-40's and does a lot of glass work............................m
Old 03-06-2017, 11:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: MidStates, 351C, 4spd, 9"
Send a message via AIM to krausewich
Not Ranked     

Stay 100 miles away from that scum bag Bill Hough!! He is a hustler, a thief, and operates an illegal business. FFR kicked him to the curb after the first 15 or 20 bodies. Oh the stories !!

M. Krause
Old 03-06-2017, 11:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DIY Coupe, F/T ,MkIV.
Not Ranked     

Some reputable body manufacturers apply a tag between glass layers up on the firewall or other areas that can be 'seen' thru the translucent resin from underneath, have you had a look around for anything like that. IIRC Bill H told me the first FF coupes were made to accept Jag glass, but I cannot recall which model .
Old 03-06-2017, 03:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am certain That the body in the pictures is not a factory five the quarters are not close. If It is a windshield, shell valley has them made and I would bet it will fit..........m