Originally Posted by MFE III View Post
working fine now with me
Just came back for me too.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam
Not Ranked     

It was down for me for quite a few days, with various error messages...

?
Old 06-22-2017, 05:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

Weird--my work PC works, but my home PC still gives the error. I'm going to try the link above tonight.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

I was directed to try the secure site version.. "https://clubcobra.com/forums" and it worked perfectly..

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 06-30-2017, 07:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Is someone messing with the forum code? Every page has a new error on the very first part of the page.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\funct ions.php(5723) : eval()'d code(17) : eval()'d code on line 3
Old 06-30-2017, 10:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Yes same for me.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\funct ions.php(5723) : eval()'d code(17) : eval()'d code on line 3
Old 07-01-2017, 05:13 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I get the same on log on and any forum. It wasn't there yesterday when I logged on.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-10-2017, 06:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Still getting it.....

Can't like posts.
Page format changed.
Can view some pics but not others.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

New day, old problem: "Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 3407872) (tried to allocate 46 bytes) in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\class _core.php on line 1335"
When this started happening last year I tried the "clear cookies" trick and it worked for just a few visits. I then gave up and stopped visiting for about six months. I recently started visiting again without problems until last week. I guess I'm out of here for another long while. ... If others react the same, this will not be good for this site or the advertisers who might use it.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 07-10-2018, 05:12 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Tommy,

It has been quite some time since I have had any error but when I managed to get on some time ago instead of logging off I just stayed logged on. There does seem to be some kind of intermittent problem when logging on at times.

Ron

Old 07-10-2018, 07:40 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

I usually get the Fatal Error message if I try to go in through a favorites link. I usually end up Googling my way to the site and get in without problem. I've re-set link after link and on a rare occasion I will go straight in - but mostly it's back to Google.
Old 07-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Seasoned Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C, Dart 427W "Replica" Ford engine
Not Ranked     

I quit trying to get on in IE so for this one site I switch to Chrome. I tried all the usual tricks but they only worked for a while.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:32 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

This is a server issue and is not being caused by anything on your computers.

Web applications such as bulletin boards run a lot of their functionality "server side" to enable things like logins, permissions, interacting with a database, rendering layouts, etc. What's happening here is that the code running server-side is unable to allocate the memory it needs to perform the task you happen to be asking of it at that moment.

Why doesn't it have enough memory? Web servers like this one often run tasks in the background.
Tasks consume memory like any other program. Also, some tasks (such as searching for a keyword) can consume more memory than simply displaying a thread. If one or more of these tasks happened to be running at the time, consuming memory that would otherwise be used to fulfill your request, that memory pressure could be the cause.

Without having more information about the server, this is conjecture though.
Old 07-24-2018, 03:57 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

What Headboff says is for the most part true, but they do have an intermittent error in the software that does pop up once in a while. I don't have to many problems getting on but once in a while I will get the fatal error message and sometimes a message that This Server Is Unavailable. Normally if I wait for an hour or so I can then get on but I may have to go through another Forum and then to this Forum page.

Another thing that I think might help would be to delete the hundreds of phony members and those that haven't been on for years. I know this is time consuming but those accounts do take up space.

Ron

Old 07-24-2018, 04:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have been getting the error for weeks now. When I come on the site, I go directly to All Cobra Talk and it works fine, but if I try just "Forums", I get the F fatal error message.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:34 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Some of our user sessions may take up more server memory than others. Something to try would be visiting the site in incognito or private browsing modes and logging in after you've navigated to where you want to be. My other thought is that this could be caused by a memory leak somewhere, depending on how PHP is being ran, that could be occurring in or around the PHP interpreter or within one or more of those background processes.

That would help to explain the periodical nature of this issue, and also how some users seem to be impacted by this issue while others are not. And again, without being in the position to know or verify our hypotheses, this is all just conjecture.

I don't think the number of accounts on the site has much of an impact on normal performance. As of the time of this posting, there are 17,002 members out of 86,660 on this site who have posted a minimum of one post (that's only 19.6% of the forum population who have ever posted anything). Doing a little napkin math, that should be ~350MB if each nearly empty profile uses ~5KB. Assuming the database is properly indexed and queries take advantage of those indexes, traversals should only take 11% longer than they otherwise would. Unless vBulletin is doing full table scans somewhere, this shouldn't be much of an issue for the software.

I can certainly acknowledge the annoyance for humans though. Deleting accounts that have never posted anything and haven't logged in the past five years should be pretty simple in SQL, and that's only if vBulletin's built-in user pruning isn't up to the task.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by headboff View Post
Some of our user sessions may take up more server memory than others. Something to try would be visiting the site in incognito or private browsing modes and logging in after you've navigated to where you want to be. My other thought is that this could be caused by a memory leak somewhere, depending on how PHP is being ran, that could be occurring in or around the PHP interpreter or within one or more of those background processes.

That would help to explain the periodical nature of this issue, and also how some users seem to be impacted by this issue while others are not. And again, without being in the position to know or verify our hypotheses, this is all just conjecture.

I don't think the number of accounts on the site has much of an impact on normal performance. As of the time of this posting, there are 17,002 members out of 86,660 on this site who have posted a minimum of one post (that's only 19.6% of the forum population who have ever posted anything). Doing a little napkin math, that should be ~350MB if each nearly empty profile uses ~5KB. Assuming the database is properly indexed and queries take advantage of those indexes, traversals should only take 11% longer than they otherwise would. Unless vBulletin is doing full table scans somewhere, this shouldn't be much of an issue for the software.

I can certainly acknowledge the annoyance for humans though. Deleting accounts that have never posted anything and haven't logged in the past five years should be pretty simple in SQL, and that's only if vBulletin's built-in user pruning isn't up to the task.
Yup! That's exzactly what I was thinkin'. I'm glad that you were able to put it into words.