Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2017, 09:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

I think the OP has already made up his mind the SPF variety is his hero replica, as is evidenced by his positive commentary vis-a-vis alternative replica's.

Morris may well have one of the best developed racing variants of the car today and the OP obviously does not value Morris' commentary and in fact pays no attention.

I believe what we have here is a more skillful variant of the newbie site member asking the quintessential which is better question while attempting to get you guys to validate his current hero manufacturer, and that assumes he really has two SPF's.

This particular newbie is much more skillful at positioning you guys into the old question / argument of what is best and then suckering you into confirming his preferred choice of Replica manufacturer. His posts are vacuous and only designed to solicit replica manufacturer endorsements for his hero manufacturer.

In years gone by you would sniff this ruse out much more quickly — are we getting old(er)?

Ed
Dwight, Morris, rodneym and 1 others like this.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Quite a number of years ago, there was a member here with a hot-rodded green Everett Morrison who started a similar thread about his street racing exploits. He ended up being killed when a Mustang he was racing clipped his rear quarter and he spun backwards into a tree or maybe a house. He died from head trauma and his female passenger, on the side with no roll bar, survived. Last I remember hearing, criminal charges were also being laid.
I'd hate to see a repeat of that scenario or anything similar involving another member of the Cobra fraternity.

EDIT - you do have a point, Ed

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 09-05-2017 at 09:25 AM..
Old 09-05-2017, 09:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
Quite a number of years ago, there was a member here with a hot-rodded green Everett Morrison who started a similar thread about his street racing exploits. He ended up being killed when a Mustang he was racing clipped his rear quarter and he spun backwards into a tree or maybe a house. He died from head trauma and his female passenger, on the side with no roll bar, survived. Last I remember hearing, criminal charges were also being laid.
I'd hate to see a repeat of that scenario or anything similar involving another member of the Cobra fraternity.

EDIT - you do have a point, Ed

We are on the same page Buzz.

I would feel bad to see innocent bystanders suffer injury because of an unqualified driver in over his head. On the other hand if he can engineer his crash to include only himself — it does clean up the gene pool ...

Ed

Old 09-05-2017, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

cancel

Last edited by csense; 09-05-2017 at 10:10 AM..
Old 09-05-2017, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well that was interesting!
Larry
Old 09-05-2017, 10:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
Well that was interesting!
Larry
Missed it

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

Old 09-05-2017, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

It's interesting how OP's posts have now all been edited to reflect only the word 'cancel' - he must have re-considered his ill-thought comments. SMH
Old 09-05-2017, 11:00 AM
Full Blown Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

He cancelled ALL of his posts on this thread?!?!
He'll be back, with a new name.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Shame it ended up like this. It's nice to follow a good discussion about handling improvements, especially when heavyweights like Morris join in - too bad it got sidetracked by the street racing stuff.

Old 09-05-2017, 11:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Shame it ended up like this. It's nice to follow a good discussion about handling improvements, especially when heavyweights like Morris join in - too bad it got sidetracked by the street racing stuff.
Agreed - a healthy discussion is good, but street racing shows a lack of maturity and a disregard for the safety of others IMO.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:09 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
He cancelled ALL of his posts on this thread?!?!
He'll be back, with a new name.
Maybe it was Chas....
Old 09-05-2017, 12:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMH View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the OP's posts look more like inexperienced teenager rather than someone with "50 years" experience who's "bored" of track racing?
Larry
He reminds me of trolls past...
LMH likes this.
Old 09-05-2017, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 239
Not Ranked     

Sigh.....
In typical Club Cobra fashion, the enthusiastic newcomer, comes here to learn from those that have what he dreams of and discuss what he is passionate about. Is.....chased away by holier-than-thou, self important old farts.

Try to remember. Back when the thrill of owning a Cobra wasn't sitting in a parking lot talking about who's replica is closer to "original", your swollen prostates, and ED.
Before the desire for the car became jaded by the reality of owning one.
When the dream of the legend were all consuming.
When it was all about the drive.
By the way, tell me more about how all of you calmly say no when challenged at a stop light!! That's absolute HS and you know it.
Hypocrisy in its purest form.

Sorry csense

Jason
scottj and joyridin' like this.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jason,

You're missing the whole point here. This is not about a newbie with enthusiasm and two SPF's. Newbies do not have two SPF's!

This is about a troll coming in and suckering good people into the age old and unresolvable (because of personal preference) but never ending (and useless) Q&A about which Cobra is best. This jerk had a pretty good run at it until he got called out. Then suddenly he cuts and runs!

This is definitely not about holier than thou types inferring they do not participate in the periodic stop light Grand Prix. It is about running off trolls — good riddance!

Ed

Old 09-05-2017, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #509, 347 S
Not Ranked     

Anyone notice his reason for cancelling? It was on his very first post. For: "Condescending attitude of replies"

So... for all his bravado... he can't take a little constructive criticism and good advice?

Condescending? I don't see it. He had people genuinely trying to assist him with his question... which seemed vague at best... and he got called out by others for his desire to street race, as track time had gotten "too boring".
Old 09-05-2017, 01:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-CEL View Post
Sigh.....
In typical Club Cobra fashion, the enthusiastic newcomer, comes here to learn from those that have what he dreams of and discuss what he is passionate about. Is.....chased away by holier-than-thou, self important old farts.

Try to remember. Back when the thrill of owning a Cobra wasn't sitting in a parking lot talking about who's replica is closer to "original", your swollen prostates, and ED.
By the way, tell me more about how all of you calmly say no when challenged at a stop light!! That's absolute HS and you know it.

Sorry csense

Jason

Hey wait a second! I'm 53! That's not "old fart"! Maybe middle aged fart but not old fart!
Larry
Old 09-05-2017, 03:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-CEL View Post
Sigh.....

Sorry csense

Jason
I may be a fart, but I resemble the "old" remark.

Old 09-05-2017, 03:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

PS - I maintain that anyone who declares street racing "at 8/10ths on country roads" to be safer and more sensible than racing on a track is full of $$hit and I'll continue to call it that way.

Pain in the prostate, if you ask me.
4pipes, LMH, cycleguy55 and 1 others like this.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
PS - I maintain that anyone who declares street racing "at 8/10ths on country roads" to be safer and more sensible than racing on a track is full of $$hit and I'll continue to call it that way.

Pain in the prostate, if you ask me.
I agree 100+%

I think that most of the participants here are quite experienced sane about driving performance vehicles on public roads, and know what a fool gets when he hits the pedal on a public street. This guy was a person that is going to have bad things at some time.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

As well as other events, I attend some track day events a few times a year. A lot of the groups, especially the lower ones, are made up of these street racers. Most don't have any professional training beyond a video game! Few know much about racing, braking, track setup or etiquette. They're all over the place through corners and esses and you can't trust what they're going to do next. To a lesser extent, that even happens in the upper groups but they tend to be much better. I can just imagine how these guys would be on a public road where there aren't flagmen and track workers keeping an eye on them.
The OP stated in one of his posts that we "don't need to worry about him" but it's not him that worries me! It's the family car he drives into on the outside of a blind corner as he comes out too hot! That's how I see it anyway.
Larry