Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Hi. (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/140155-hi.html)

t walgamuth 06-01-2018 01:26 PM

So yesterday he had the intake on but today its back off because of a gasket interference problem.....he needs to trim it I am told.

I'm ordering ford/chevy power steering hoses now.

I'm pushing to get it done by next weekend as there is an Indy autocross I'd love to run in.

t walgamuth 06-06-2018 02:36 PM

Today I worked on installing the new Kirkey driver's seat.

GBowman 06-07-2018 08:22 AM

Love your car!!! FYI I have been running a Jesel belt drive for 3 years (4,000 mi) on the nasty streets of NJ with 0 issues. Meziere elec water pump fits right over it.

Best of luck with your new toy.

t walgamuth 06-07-2018 12:44 PM

Thanks G! We are hoping to get it running today. Thanks for the positive comment on the Jesel. I am not certain of the main advantage of it....light weight? Also quiet I suppose. All in all I think if given the choice I'd go gear drive just for the old school nature of it.;)

t walgamuth 06-07-2018 04:14 PM

Got it running, but not for long as the power steering was not hosed up. Got a kit from Speedway that provided fittings on the ps rack that had such big flats on the hex you could not tighten both of them.

Drat!

t walgamuth 06-08-2018 03:37 PM

We got the power steering done today finally and started up the car trying to do some good with the induction. It was only running on three or so. I went and got a new set of plugs.

t walgamuth 06-10-2018 01:26 PM

John worked on it yesterday and today, bless him! He cleaned the jets and put in the new plugs, and timed it. He says its running very well now, though suggested a new cap for the magneto. The power steering has a leak too.

Wooo Hoooo!!

t walgamuth 06-13-2018 06:23 PM

I'm gonna go test drive it tomorrow!

Wooo HOooooo!

Ron61 06-14-2018 03:58 AM

Congratulations. Now you can start to really have fun and the waiting will be worth it.

Ron

t walgamuth 06-14-2018 04:38 AM

Thanks Ron! I am hoping to compete in an Autocross on Sunday in South Bend at the Tire rack test track. Its a fairly grippy asphalt track. I love running there.

Ron61 06-14-2018 05:28 AM

That should be a lot of fun. good luck and I hope everything goes well.

Ron

t walgamuth 06-14-2018 02:20 PM

The new magneto cap has not arrived and the car is still misfiring. I got the base of the drivers seat together and will try to get it installed tomorrow.

t walgamuth 06-15-2018 06:02 PM

Ahhhh, not done.

t walgamuth 06-18-2018 04:18 PM

I got the drivers kirkey seat installed in good fashion. So hopefully will be able to test drive tomorrow.

t walgamuth 06-20-2018 04:05 PM

Today John redid the connection on the power steering hose to stop the leak there. There is still a coolant leak around the (probably not needed) radiator cap which is so close to the body work we'll have to drop the radiator down to install a new pressure cap). I also verified the firing order and that all wires run to the correct plug.

We started it up and worked on the adjustment of the webers.

I am 2" from ordering a big hairy four barrell carb and selling off the jewel like 48 IDA webers.

t walgamuth 06-22-2018 12:58 PM

I ordered the hairy four barrel yesterday. Edelbrock 800 cfm on a low rise dual plane manifold for lots of low end torque which I'll want at the autocross.

I'll put the lovely jewel like Webers on the shelf for now to either sell off or pass along with the car.

t walgamuth 06-27-2018 08:17 PM

Today I replaced the radiator cap on the top of the rad. We are still waiting for the carb and manifold to arrive......

t walgamuth 06-28-2018 07:42 PM

The new carb arrived today but the manifold is lost in cyberspace or somewhere. I got the three hole adapter today and mounted the 13" racing wheel to ease getting in and out and steering once in.

t walgamuth 07-10-2018 10:11 AM

Manifold and carb on, got to go build an adapter for the throttle cable to attach to. 95 degrees and humid today. Yikes!

t walgamuth 07-10-2018 08:17 PM

Got the cable support bracket made. Tomorrow need to make brace for the hard fuel line coming out of the carburator. It rained and cooled things off after abotu 400 pm.