Premier Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 427 S/C, Twin Paxton 511 FE
Not Ranked     

I don't see what the big deal is.
$50k can get you a really nice motor.
Old 04-13-2018, 02:46 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneym View Post
I don't see what the big deal is.
$50k can get you a really nice motor.
... or a tool that can remove your spinners.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:14 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
... or a tool that can remove your spinners.
So you can remove spinners? I never thought you would admit to being a "tool"!!!

I predict this thread will go 17 pages with no further posts from the OP.

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 04-13-2018, 04:21 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV View Post
So you can remove spinners? I never thought you would admit to being a "tool"!!!
No, but I did get some inquiries as to whether I was "selling that tool" on line. I politely explained that you could still get the base tool from FinishLine and then a good machinist can cut it down and turn it on his milling machine. But, for $50k, I suppose I would do it for you.
Old 04-13-2018, 05:16 PM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Neutral     

Quote:
No, but I did get some inquiries as to whether I was "selling that tool" on line. I politely explained that you could still get the base tool from FinishLine and then a good machinist can cut it down and turn it on his milling machine. But, for $50k, I suppose I would do it for you.
Nah, $49K maximum

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 04-14-2018, 02:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     

Are you only pricing new cars ???

I really don't know what your problem is, there are dozens of low mileage used Superformance cars for sale for less than 75K....

And there are dozens of car search sites on the internet to find them....

I suspect you can find a reputable and bonded agent to do a pre purchase inspection .....it can cost between 2-4 bucks a mile to ship them between major cities..

Most of these cars are near new condition as many are owned by people who take excellent care of them.

Happy wife happy life...she might like a motorhome....I doubt she will be thrilled by traveling in a replica Cobra.... about 150 miles a day in one of them is plenty for a senior citizen like myself....
Old 04-14-2018, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
I agree with a lot of what you are saying but your not saying it all. My father fought in the korean war was shot a total of 3 times and had three sons of which I am one of those sons.A big price was paid for me just to grow up in this great country. So what I am saying is 50k American Dallars is a Hell of ALOT OF MONEY ! For a car built in south africa
Hauss,
I sent you a couple PMs. If you're serious I have a car that may meet your needs. Let me know.
Evan
Old 04-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHiPo View Post
Hauss,
I sent you a couple PMs. If you're serious I have a car that may meet your needs. Let me know.
Evan
But Evan, don't you think he's going to say something like "well obviously you weren't satisfied with your SPF because you're now upgrading to an ERA." That's going to be a tricky one to answer.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates/Shell Valley Street Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Get a Corvette if that is importaznt to you

I believe a Corvette is the only car 100% built in America with 100% American parts and you can buy a very nice one for 50k.....

I'll be...not any more....the BMW, Toyota, Honda among others lead on the Index American Made at cars.com

Last edited by Bartruff1; 04-14-2018 at 06:19 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 09:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

I think we are back to Patrickt's motorhome recommendation. The longer this thread gets the better that solution looks ...

It is interesting that we haven't heard from the OP since post 29 and we ar already to post 50. I suspect he is out prowling about motorhome lots sizing up his favorites.

Ed

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:14 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Mr. Hauss, I would give a Cobra a chance to win you & your wife over. if not I would say that's shortest love affair with a Cobra, I've every seen (2 month's). Good luck to you sir.
Ron61 likes this.

Last edited by Alfa02; 04-14-2018 at 11:31 PM.. Reason: rewrite
Old 04-15-2018, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA Street Roadster #782 with 459 cu in FE KC engine, toploader, 3.31
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauss View Post
Not sure what to do maybe just forget the whole thing! Please help
I think he chose to just forget the whole thing. I think this thread is beating a dead horse.
Ron61 likes this.
Old 04-15-2018, 06:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanEC View Post
I think this thread is beating a dead horse.
Yup... I cam smell the rotting carcass from here

Now ... The dogs car
Mercedes E63S station wagon. 603hp
Old 04-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Unfortunately there is an abundance of old men with money, and a shortage of quality CSX/KMS/ERA/SPF cars. That translates in to a "new" turnkey cresting the six figure mark and nice used ones heading in that direction. Sad, but true. On another thread we were discussing the rumor that the wait time for new ERA turnkeys is knocking on two years. I think the Cobra game is getting to be like Washington DC -- you gotta "pay to play."
Well said and VERY true - I have over 30 CSX Shelby fiberglass and alum CSX 289 & 427 rollers I am selling off and nothing is under $ 100,00.00 in roller form

Stephen
Old 04-15-2018, 11:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 824 with 470 FE BBM street 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
But Evan, don't you think he's going to say something like "well obviously you weren't satisfied with your SPF because you're now upgrading to an ERA." That's going to be a tricky one to answer.
Patrick,
I wouldn't hazard a guess. At this point I don't know what to think, but I'm done with this thread.
Evan
Old 04-15-2018, 12:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartruff1 View Post
I believe a Corvette is the only car 100% built in America with 100% American parts and you can buy a very nice one for 50k.....

I'll be...not any more....the BMW, Toyota, Honda among others lead on the Index American Made at cars.com
Not even close - the Corvette has 75% North American (not specific to USA - could have Mexican and Canadian parts in that 75%) content. The story is 7 years old, but no reason to believe it has changed materially in the intervening years.
https://www.caranddriver.com/feature...merica-feature

Motor Trend article listing the vehicles with most North American parts ( 15 Cars With the Most North American-Made Parts - Motor Trend ). This is from 2015 and also shows the Corvette at 75% NA content.
America’s original sports car boasts 75 percent of North American content — the highest (tied) percentage of any vehicle available for sale in the U.S. Like previous generations, the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette is built on U.S. soil in Bowling Green, Kentucky, with its 6.2-liter V-8s (455-460-hp LT1, 650-hp LT4) sourced from the U.S. Transmission choices include a seven-speed manual or an eight-speed auto, which come from either the U.S. or Mexico

As noted above, there was NO vehicle from as recently as 3 years ago that is 100% NA content. Not even Tesla.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2008 Backdraft Cobra, which I purchased from the original owner this past August
Not Ranked     
Default This post

I know this thread is getting a little, ahem, "long in the tooth", but thought I'd chime in with a little that I know. This OP sent me requests for info on a BDR that I listed here a while back. I sent pics and info along with, what I think, are good credentials on the car. I'm asking $42K for this car that has over
80K invested in it and is effectively brand new. The OP, informed me recently that some guy told him that being an older BDR, 2008 build, the car was only worth 30K. I realized that this is, was, whipping the proverbial Dead Horse when someone makes an arbitrary statement such as this.
There's nothing like shopping yourself into total confusion.

Pete
Old 04-15-2018, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 manowar forged crank roller rockers . BIG CAM.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
I know this thread is getting a little, ahem, "long in the tooth", but thought I'd chime in with a little that I know. This OP sent me requests for info on a BDR that I listed here a while back. I sent pics and info along with, what I think, are good credentials on the car. I'm asking $42K for this car that has over
80K invested in it and is effectively brand new. The OP, informed me recently that some guy told him that being an older BDR, 2008 build, the car was only worth 30K. I realized that this is, was, whipping the proverbial Dead Horse when someone makes an arbitrary statement such as this.
There's nothing like shopping yourself into total confusion.

Pete
I see you still have the backdraft maybe my friend was right? One thing I want to say to all on this forum don"t go saying what I think! Ask me and I will tell you what I think!
Old 04-15-2018, 08:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, LS3
Not Ranked     

DAMN, my vette and cobra are not 100% made in the U.S.A., im selling those pieces of crap and getting me one of those motorhomes instead.
BDR_Boy likes this.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:52 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Dear Mr. Hauss, I believe you take our good natured ribbing, as a personal attack on you. That sir is not the case. We here have had a love affair with Cobra's, some of us for most of our lives (me for sure). When you talk about buying a motorhome, instead of a Cobra, to us a motorhome is just a accessory, to be enjoyed with our Cobra's, not another option. I hope this clears up any misconception's. Thank you & again good luck on your purchase, what ever that may be, Tom.
Closed Thread