Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2019, 02:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FF5 347 stroker
Not Ranked     

Hwy One or PCH is a great road. Definitely bumpy road and now is reopened all the way. Made this run all the way to FT Bragg and back vis Lake Tahoe. PCH again in 2020.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkII
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinoonaz View Post
We will wait until the end of trip for the Durango area. Been snowed on in first part of Sept in Lake Tahoe. Anyone in Georgia , the Carolina's, Virginia's, Tenn, Kentucky areas for runs. Bringing golf clubs for Myrtle Beach area.
I am in Beaufort, S.C. - halfway from Charleston to Savannah and travel North Georgia, Eastern Tennessee, and Western North Carolina 3 or 4 times a year with two different cobra clubs. We start in April and go through October. Usually have as many as 20 - 30 cars cruising and site-seeing - mostly mountain roads, including Tail of the Dragon. Best bet is to give me a shout when you nail down some dates. And - while I don't golf, I would do anything to avoid Myrtle Beach if I could. Kiawah Island, Fripp Island, Hilton Head, and a few courses over in Savannah are much nicer without the hoards of hackers.

Blair
Old 01-07-2019, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Blair for info. Do not want to get bogged down in traffic for sure . Is there a normal time of month for the road trips, like first Saturday or ? So far the first part of June and after Columbus , Ohio on June 21st. Thanks again. This is what I was hoping for.
Old 01-08-2019, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MkII
Not Ranked     

Our trips are planned and coordinated by individual club members that have the normal restrictions/constraints on their free time. Trip dates are nailed down at least a month in advance. We identify a host hotel and lunch and dinner locations for each day. Most trips are scheduled for a Thursday arrival, cruise Fri. and Sat. (Sunday as well if you don't have to get back for work) and return home on Sunday. Cruises are usually ~ 200 miles/day. The first one will be shortly after the Texas Cobra Club Spring Meet as 5 or 6 of us are attending that. If you think it would be best we can take this to e-mail ?
Old 01-08-2019, 05:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

E mail would be fine. Going thru some maps so we can use time share and impose on friends and relatives. We have Dallas, Austin, Memphis, DC, Plymouth Mass, Amherst MH, Cleveland, Chicago, Mankato MN covered. Most call when it gets cold and want to visit like now. I have always wanted to attend the Texas Spring meet. They have been very kind to me when visiting Dallas.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

gary.vikki@outlook.com
Old 06-16-2019, 03:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Made it to Gatlinburg today. The dragon tomorrow. Other roads also. Anyone want to go?
Old 06-22-2019, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 347
Not Ranked     

If you can be in Tahoe sep 6-9, there will be a big gathering, 50 or so cars BACCEVENTS Home

Do do want to drive around Tahoe? Or heading down 395 to go home, or??

From Tahoe, hwy 50 down to 49 then north to auburn is very nice
You could go south on 49 to 88 and back up to Tahoe.