Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2019, 09:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

There actually is an original 289 car that ended up handy cap equipped . I had not actually met that owner or seen the car until recently. I saw the car being restored at a local shop, still never met the owner but have heard stories.
I'm just getting fat and the hip and knees aren't like they used be. Heck after the hip replacement, getting in and out of my replica was a planned test. I did and do it but it isn't pretty. Nothing casual about the task. I remember me being thinner and wearing loose sweat pants or shorts and shoes that were tied on and fit on and easily found a single pedal when appropriate.. It is kind of a planned thing now.
Old 11-11-2019, 04:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

Michael C Henry

Please, please get more info on original 289 handy cap equipped car in your area.
I need all the help I can get, info/contact from owner and local shop owner would be awesome.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 347
Not Ranked     

Have you looked at the lifts that they have for swimming pools? They may help with access!
Old 11-15-2019, 02:33 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hi-tech body/frame, 427engined FF5/302engined FF5 Bennett 289 & 427 rolling chassis
Not Ranked     

Cruisin428;

Awesome idea, great minds think alike!

I posted this a few days ago:

On second thought.... maybe I'm going about this the wrong way, don't get me wrong, I intend to make this one work, no matter what.

BUT, THE NEXT ONE....on second thought, no ramp, no cutting out side of Cobra. Drivers door gets one of those swing up, out of the way weird hinges. A hoist, crane, if you will, that can be attached to roll bar. Lifts the Vet, out of HIS chair, swings him into regular, seat of regular Cobra. He can then reach out, pull arm rests, wheels off chair, lift rest of chair, and store, where, maybe no passenger seat, no passenger??? I'm not doing this for the passenger, as long as a Vet can drive a Cobra, who cares? And if he really wants a passenger, the right seat could be removable/and replaceable and locked down, and the passenger could disassemble the chair and the hoist and put in trunk.The hoist/crane would be a problem, how to dis-assemble it (maybe just arm) and store it so it doesn't look stupid sticking up in the air. but the "arm" would not have to be any higher than a regular roll bar.

BTW, I have a 289 Bennett body and chassis begging to get on road...#2?

Any thoughts?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
Old 11-15-2019, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Now you're talking. A lift seems pretty doable.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

t walgamuth

I asked that you go away, I guess you don't speak/understand English??

Ignore List
t walgamuth
Check / Uncheck All

Add a Member to Your List...

To remove a user from your ignore list, un-check the box associated with their name and click the 'Save Changes' button.

To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.

Old 11-16-2019, 06:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No problem.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Well since you now know how to use the ignore list and am certain I will be invited next I'll come out and say what I'm sure a lot of others here are thinking. And frankly I don't care to listen to the rantings and ravings any more so I'm inviting you to my ignore list.

I hope that you are well. Something is totally abnormal to take a sawzall to a car. And contrary to what you think a 2 inch tube isn't safe. I genuine fear for the safety of whomever this lands with. Go to a doctor and get back on your meds.
t walgamuth and Soundkillr like this.

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 11-16-2019 at 09:48 AM..
Old 11-16-2019, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft cobra FE big bock
Not Ranked     

Would this post be considered spewing of venom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427SSSS View Post
t walgamuth

I asked that you go away, I guess you don't speak/understand English??

Ignore List
t walgamuth
Check / Uncheck All

Add a Member to Your List...

To remove a user from your ignore list, un-check the box associated with their name and click the 'Save Changes' button.

To add a user to the list, enter their name into the empty text box and click 'Okay'.
t walgamuth likes this.
Old 11-17-2019, 06:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

twobjshelbys
"Well since you now know how to use the ignore list and am certain I will be invited next I'll come out and say what I'm sure a lot of others here are thinking. And frankly I don't care to listen to the rantings and ravings any more so I'm inviting you to my ignore list." I do not accept your invitation, you'll have to do it yourself. I was not planning on adding you to my ignore list, I will now!

I hope that you are well. Something is totally abnormal to take a sawzall to a car. And contrary to what you think a 2 inch tube isn't safe. I genuine fear for the safety of whomever this lands with. Go to a doctor and get back on your meds."

" I genuine fear for the safety of whomever this lands with." You make that statement with no knowledge of the Paul Bennett car. You've never even seen one! You did not look at my photos of the additional strengthening/bracing we installed to replace the removed/modified portions of the chassis, and not yet done beefing it up.

You calling a Bennett Cobra a "flexable flyer", is due to you being misinformed, and not helpful. Are you an engineer? Paul Bennett was. Have you ever seen a Bennett Cobra up close: second time I"ve asked you this question, twice before, you did not answer the first time, probably because you have not, yet you make wild accusations about a mans Cobra that you have never met, nor seen one of his cars..... I have photos of Bennett Cobras racing at sears point, the cars looked safe to me. There are others on this site that have some of Paul's 2" tube chassis, never heard anyone of them say anything about it being a "flexible flyer", what say you to that, opps, I won't hear, you've been placed on my ignore list, by me, not by invitation.

"Something is totally abnormal to take a sawzall to a car". Really, so all the people that made dune buggies out of shortened, saws all cut VW chassis are abnormal?

Last edited by 427SSSS; 11-17-2019 at 07:08 AM..
Old 11-17-2019, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Soundkillr

nope, just self defense!
Someone calls me a liar, like t walgamuth did, in so many words, I strike back.

Last edited by 427SSSS; 11-17-2019 at 07:16 AM..
Old 11-17-2019, 07:13 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427SSSS View Post
Soundkillr

nope, just self defence!
Just a little advice from someone who has been there:

Less is More

I'd like to see more of your work on this project so we can get this thread back on track.

Bill S.
rads42 likes this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 11-17-2019, 07:35 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Good advice Bill.
Car is at Mike's automotive, getting 289, auto trans, hand controls; basically Mike will give me back complete car, sans, body and W/C work. I have both those lined up, once Mike returns body, I took entire car to his shop so he could better see/understand what I'm doing. I will be starting on Hi-tec, here at the house.

I've got a FF5 body at the painter, black with pearl blue ghost stripes, which will fit on car I'm driving now; which has the silver/black strips body that I borrowed off FF5 that is still stuck on my failed 4 post lift. I'm in middle of adding two sheds to wife's garage for storage, one only 7' wide, but cobra body and GT 40 body are in there now, other side is 12', I need the storage.

Same time, tree trimmers here for past six days trimming oaks to improve my view of downtown, etc.
Had 20' x 30' shop slab placed last month, I need a bigger shop. Fighting with US Buildings to get my deposit back, after I gave them deposit, they said they could not ship to California, then later I found out they wer lying about some stuff, so I cancelled, beware of these guys.! I cancelled and asked for deposit back 10 days ago, no response after numerous phone calls, emails.

Last edited by 427SSSS; 11-17-2019 at 10:01 AM..
Old 11-17-2019, 07:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Frank is a runner, if I don't keep an eye on him he will sneak off and visit neighbors, almost got hit by ups truck, this should keep him safe as a "shop dog".
Attached Images

Old 11-17-2019, 10:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Wouldn't be caught dead in it. Sure hope and pray that noone else is.
Soundkillr likes this.
Old 11-17-2019, 12:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Whatever I said that made you think I think you are a liar I don't have a clue. I don't think you are a liar. My only wish for you is for your project to come out great for you.
Soundkillr likes this.
Old 11-21-2019, 05:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

small trans for the wheelchair cobra- look for a c-4 out of a mustang 11 v-8 car, I got one laying around here but like everthing in this rathole it ran off and hid on me when i'm lookin' for it, anyway , the trans has I think a 10" 151(?) tooth flywheel with a 9"(9) converter, so it has a real small bellhousing, and might bolt to a regular case fill c-4 , if you don't find find the whole trans/ bell assembly
Old 11-21-2019, 06:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

mr bruce

Thank you Sir, for the info/suggestion, you are always so helpful, class act!

Old 11-22-2019, 02:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe a re-body would be a simpler idea:

https://www.car-conversion.com/

https://www.bing.com/images/search?v...m=1,2,6&sim=11

Naw, they wouldn't be Cobras.

Old 11-23-2019, 10:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just thought of 3rd possible way to get W/C Veteran into Cobra, in his chair, or custom designed chair to fit better.

Have trunk hinged from right side, rather than back, have trunk cowl hinged from right side.
Plenty of room for ramp in trunk.

The Vet dropps folding ramp, opens trunk, rolls into trunk, opens cowl, rolls onto platform, as trunk bottom is one foot +/- above Bennett floor. Then 12 V scissors jack raises him one inch, he takes off wheels, arm rests, stores under cowl, and jack lowers him to driving height.