• 3 Post By FWB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2018, 06:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR chassis and suspension, Mr. Bruce 289 FIA body
Not Ranked     
Default Kelliison Stallion Question

I have a neighbor who is interested in a Stallion that is partially complete. He was asking me if it’s a good car. I told him I have no familiarity with the brand and would ask this group of knowledagble people for info. The car he is looking at seems rough in the pictures and carries a VIN. Asking price is $29K. Comes with a 429 and automatic. Any feedback will be helpful to him

Thanks
Bill D

Last edited by Bill D; 02-11-2018 at 06:30 AM..
Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

I almost bought a kellison J5 prior to the Cobra. It had been assembled at the Kellison factory and looked fairly high quality. It appeared to have an engine issue though and I passed on it.

Searching for information about Kellisons led me to the VSE Cobra somehow. I am really glad I did not buy the Kellison.
Bill D likes this.
Old 02-11-2018, 02:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
I have a neighbor who is interested in a Stallion that is partially complete. He was asking me if it’s a good car. I told him I have no familiarity with the brand and would ask this group of knowledagble people for info. The car he is looking at seems rough in the pictures and carries a VIN. Asking price is $29K. Comes with a 429 and automatic. Any feedback will be helpful to him

Thanks
Bill D
There's no Kellison group on Club Cobra, but there is a West Coast Cobra Community / Social Group. West Coast cars are the successor to the Kellison Stallion and there's a lot that was carried forward from the Stallion to the WCC. While there are some differences that's probably your best place to start on CC.

Club Cobra - West Coast Owners Group
Old 02-11-2018, 03:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kellison Stallion 468 FE
Not Ranked     

there is a stallion owners group on yahoo.
i try to maintain the stallion registry when i can, there are a couple unbuilt cars out there, i've talked to most of the owners, if you send me some info i can give you any info i have, if it has a kellison chassis number or not, if it was a texas stallion, if it was
sold by allied and has a different frame, or if its a piece of junk to be avoided. lol.
Ron61, cycleguy55 and Celio like this.
Old 09-11-2020, 03:07 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Please help

FWB, I read this post and thought you might be able to help.

I bought a Cobra a couple years ago, from a family where the owner had passed away. I head researched Cobras for years and thought this seemed like a West Coast Cobra, however there were some clear differences. It wasn't till just recently I found out about Kellison and found all the differences of mine from the WCC on those pictures of Kellioson's Stallions.

Is there a way you could tell me where the Chasis number would be located on these or how I can be sure?

Thanks in advance.
Phil
Old 09-21-2020, 08:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

There were an episode or two on counting cars where Danny bought a Kellison and redid it for him self. As I understand It was a rebodied Corvette using Corvette chassis and engine. The car started red with a 396 and went small block with Borlla induction and was silver. Danny was so impressed he took it to SEMA.
Old 09-22-2020, 06:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: currently Cobra-less
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael C Henry View Post
There were an episode or two on counting cars where Danny bought a Kellison and redid it for him self. As I understand It was a rebodied Corvette using Corvette chassis and engine. The car started red with a 396 and went small block with Borlla induction and was silver. Danny was so impressed he took it to SEMA.
That silver thing looked just plain nasty and it went like stink
Old 01-15-2021, 05:58 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bonjour, je suis en train d'acheter une Kellison Stallion au USA et je recherche des informations sur mon véhicule. J'ai le numéro VIN, pouvez-vous m'aider ?
Old 01-15-2021, 07:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They were made in Fort Worth, Texas at Hicks airport, they were automatic and used a 429 engine, most were made from mustang front end and rear end, the owner was killed leaving a savings and loan bank, I was told it was a drug deal that went wrong. If my memory is correct they were fast well built and on the heave side. I spent a lot of time at the factory, was ready to purchase when the owner was killed
Old 01-15-2021, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Looking to buy
Not Ranked     

Getting in and out was more difficult than a Lotus Elise. (I'm talking about a coupe).

Last edited by t walgamuth; 01-15-2021 at 11:31 AM..
Old 01-15-2021, 11:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

The Kellison Stallion, which became the West Coast Cobra, was a bigger, longer, Cobra inspired car that made no bones about being different from the originals. Both companies touted their larger, more robust (read: heavier) design as a "safer" alternative to the regular Cobra replica. The preferred powertrain was a 385 series BBF mated to an automatic that sent power to a live-axle 9" rear end. As the dimensions show below, they are noticeably bigger. Other notable signature features were very wide rear fenders, a heavy, low-mounted full-width roll bar, outside door handles and a cushy, fully padded cockpit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...

Last edited by Buzz; 01-16-2021 at 09:13 AM..
Old 01-16-2021, 01:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
The Kellison Stallion, which became the West Coast Cobra, was a bigger, longer, Cobra inspired car that made no bones about being different from the originals. Both companies touted their larger, more robust (read: heavier) design as a "safer" alternative to the regular Cobra replica. The preferred powertrain was a 385 series BBF mated to an automatic that sent power to a live-axle 9" rear end. As the dimensions show below, they are noticeably bigger. Other notable signature features were very wide rear fenders, a heavy, low-mounted full-width roll bar, outside door handles and a cushy, fully padded cockpit.

WCC frame - s/b very similar to Kellison chassis:

From old WCC website (no longer available):

Old 01-16-2021, 01:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celio View Post
Bonjour, je suis en train d'acheter une Kellison Stallion au USA et je recherche des informations sur mon véhicule. J'ai le numéro VIN, pouvez-vous m'aider ?
Translation:
Hello, I am buying a Kellison Stallion in the USA and am looking
for information about my vehicle. I have the VIN number, can you
help me?

My Response to the person I quoted:

Le NIV peut ou non être quelque chose qui identifiera la voiture pour ce que c'est, comme la plupart des constructeurs, selon l'état des États-Unis vécu, inventé le leur ou en avait un attribué par l'État dans lequel ils a intitulé la voiture.

Translation:
The VIN may or may not be something that will identify the car for
what it is, as most builders, depending on which state in the US they
lived, made up their own, or had one assigned by the state they originally
titled the car in.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS