Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Kirkham for sale (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/145981-kirkham-sale.html)

MOTORHEAD 06-09-2022 12:40 PM

mm: since Fl does not purge old titles, if you input the vin for this car in their records, it will come up as "salvage, non rebuildable" so there is no way they could change that and issue a rebuilt title using that same VIN .

MOTORHEAD 06-09-2022 12:52 PM

as stated previously, the car is titled and tagged in Louisiana, at my Daughters address,
no problem. My insurance is with Robbin Terry @ Midwest Classics Ins. 888-271-400.
I have been with them for many years, Ageed value policy @ $500/yr.
Louisiana needed ins in LA. before issuing title. Midwest took care of that in the blink of an eye, then to the DMV for state police for title /vin ck, took that paper to title & Tag office (Independent contractor) out of there w/all papers for under $400 !
There are other states that do the same.

mrmustang 06-09-2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD (Post 1507242)
Patrick: Exactly !!!!!!!
Shortly after i bought it, and had talked to both David and Tom, I asked Tom what a new chassis would cost. He said he'd ck on it and let me know. He called next day and says
"we've got some body/chassis here for Shelby that he didn't need, so you could have one of those which would be a CSX vin, for $25 000." I told him I spent all my "mad" money on the purchase of the car , so I'd have to pass. After I hung up, I started thinking that the CSX number would increase the car value and offset the expense.
So the next day I called Tom back to tell him I'd take that deal, and he says "Somehow Shelby got wind of the deal and told them "No way in hell!!!" So close !

Ted

Just a mild correction to the above, Kirkham does not have the authority to stamp a CSX number into their frame/body assemblies. This is done under close federal scrutiny by Shelby American Inc (back in that timeline). Kirkham can only offer one of their own KMP (again timeline related) VIN numbers to be stamped into the frame.

Bill S.

mrmustang 06-09-2022 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD (Post 1507244)
AS promised, the site is up and running.
'www.tedscobra.com"

It's a bit quirky, the different sections are on different pages

I do love the attention to detail, and I will walk back my earlier comment about the birdcage needing replacement. Fire damage was quite focused, and you and the car are both lucky because of that.

Again, good luck with the sale.

Bill S.

Phx Mike 06-10-2022 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moore_rb (Post 1507237)
The VIN plate on a Kirkham is affixed to the body, not the frame. I'm not sure if they stamp the number into the frame as well...?

Regardless: You would need to purchase a new body (wearing a new ID tag)
and possibly a new frame (if they are indeed number-matched), and including a new MCO document from Kirkham for your idea to work...

I'm not sure what Kirkham's legal capability would be to fulfill such a transaction...?

For a Kirkham, there is a VIN plate on the passenger side foot box under the hood but VIN is also stamped into the shock towers and onto the door hinge mounts on the frame.

MOTORHEAD 06-10-2022 09:35 AM

website is up:
www.tedscobra.com

1985 CCX 06-10-2022 10:29 AM

Wow to that site!
very cool documentation, Kudos

RUFdriver 06-10-2022 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD (Post 1507242)
Patrick: Exactly !!!!!!!
Shortly after i bought it, and had talked to both David and Tom, I asked Tom what a new chassis would cost. He said he'd ck on it and let me know. He called next day and says
"we've got some body/chassis here for Shelby that he didn't need, so you could have one of those which would be a CSX vin, for $25 000." I told him I spent all my "mad" money on the purchase of the car , so I'd have to pass. After I hung up, I started thinking that the CSX number would increase the car value and offset the expense.
So the next day I called Tom back to tell him I'd take that deal, and he says "Somehow Shelby got wind of the deal and told them "No way in hell!!!" So close !

Ted

Weird story, about a year ago on FB someone from Shelby American was advertising various aluminum panels and a complete Kirkham body for 20k. The post disappeared in less than 24hrs. Always figured it was a scam, but maybe not.

kanuck 06-16-2022 10:41 AM

I see that it says reduced to 155k, what was it to start with?

MOTORHEAD 06-16-2022 12:06 PM

Kanuck, I started @ $165k,
If you're interested, you can call me at 941-730-2020. Open to offers.

Ted

RodKnock 06-16-2022 08:20 PM

The prices of used Kirkham's must have gone since I've been gone.

MOTORHEAD 06-17-2022 07:50 AM

Rodknock:
Not just Kirkhams, all makes of Cobras on BAT seem higher than a couple of years ago.
Fueled by "cabin fever" after two years of Covid ????

mrmustang 06-17-2022 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MOTORHEAD (Post 1507486)
Rodknock:
Not just Kirkhams, all makes of Cobras on BAT seem higher than a couple of years ago.
Fueled by "cabin fever" after two years of Covid ????

I've always watched the prices and feel that it's not really covid related, but market driven, watching the housing market in the same way, awaiting a bubble to burst and seeing homes spending more time on the market at inflated prices getting marked down a week or two in, when before, they were lasting hours, and bidding wars were taking place.

Bill S.

RodKnock 06-17-2022 09:43 AM

I've watched some BAT auctions over the past couple years and prices have risen dramatically. Subaru's for heavens sake are being sold for $200,000-$300,000. Parts for cars on BAT are also crazy too. I have some parts that have tripled in value, if I were to auction them off on BAT.

However, the stock market has tanked, interest rates have risen and I expect prices overall to fall. I've actually moved all my assets into baby formula. :eek:

I do get eBay notifications for Kirkham's and I have seen some auctions/ads where the price is over $200,000, but I just thought they were delusions of grandeur.

1ntCobra 06-18-2022 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1507495)
I've watched some BAT auctions over the past couple years and prices have risen dramatically. Subaru's for heavens sake are being sold for $200,000-$300,000. Parts for cars on BAT are also crazy too. I have some parts that have tripled in value, if I were to auction them off on BAT.

However, the stock market has tanked, interest rates have risen and I expect prices overall to fall. I've actually moved all my assets into baby formula. :eek:

I do get eBay notifications for Kirkham's and I have seen some auctions/ads where the price is over $200,000, but I just thought they were delusions of grandeur.

From what I have heard, brand new Kirkham rollers are over $200k now.

nkb 06-18-2022 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1507524)

I can verify that number from direct interaction with Kirkham.

A new aluminum Shelby CSX roller (using a KMP body and frame) closer to a $250K or more.

I wonder with the stock market decline and impending recession whether this price exuberance will start to dampen.

twobjshelbys 06-18-2022 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkb (Post 1507528)
I wonder with the stock market decline and impending recession whether this price exuberance will start to dampen.

I sincerely doubt you will see prices of anything go down. In all my years going through inflation and recession only very basic commodities change prices. The car prices that have gone up 20% over the past year due to supply chain and other issues are not going to go down when those restrictions are relaxed. Bread, milk, gas, and real estate, yes. Basic goods? Not a lot. The only thing that will change is the RATE of the increases.

t walgamuth 06-18-2022 02:49 PM

I believe in Indiana a car with a salvage title can resurrected if repaired correctly at least in some cases.

IE a friend bought a mercedes with a blown motor. It had hit a rock and knocked a hole in the pan. He bought a good used motor and subsequently got a clean title I believe.

RodKnock 06-18-2022 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1ntCobra (Post 1507524)

Wait, what? You can't be "talking" about Kirkham's without engines and transmissions? You must mean newly sorted and running Kirkham's?

Last I recall, a Kirkham roller, no engine and trans, advertised on their website was $99,000.

nkb 06-19-2022 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RodKnock (Post 1507535)
Wait, what? You can't be "talking" about Kirkham's without engines and transmissions? You must mean newly sorted and running Kirkham's?

Last I recall, a Kirkham roller, no engine and trans, advertised on their website was $99,000.

Nope, that ship has sailed. Kirkham rollers with no engine and transmission $200k plus. And $25k more if you want polished or brushed.

Fundamental change in business model.

You won’t find any pricing on the website either.