Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree92Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2022, 09:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Grateful and interested in giving back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post
This place will either survive (or die) on its own.
Stating the obvious, I am one of the noobs that has yet to contribute much to the site. Though it didn't take long once the site went down, for me to realize how much I had grown to depend on it. And how relieved I was when it came back online.

So how best for me to contribute to the survival of the site?

Become a "CC Contributor?" Likely, since I have little Cobra knowledge to share.

But thought I would ask the question here since this thread has touched on the topic of the long term viability of the forum.

Thanks to all for sustaining / preserving this site.

~ Brian
Old 08-22-2022, 07:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Lots of internal errors this morning.
Old 08-22-2022, 12:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
That begs the question, why did you wait 12 days to contact Brent about Alfa02 buying Club Cobra?

Next time, just make sure he's aware of an offer on the table immediately after the site goes down.

It always boggled my mind how the site goes down as often and as long as it does in this day and age.
As I said way back, a few days ago, it always boggles my mind how often this site goes down. Only hours this time.

Alfa, I smell a discount!
Alfa02 likes this.
Old 08-22-2022, 08:17 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

, Well Mr. Knock, whenever I smell something, I look around and usually find out it's just ME
Old 08-24-2022, 01:37 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Oh geez, looks like the site is back up again. That's nice.

This site goes up and down as much as I squat weight at the gym. And that's a lot.
Old 08-24-2022, 06:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
....This site goes up and down as much as I squat weight at the gym. And that's a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
, Well Mr. Knock, whenever I smell something, I look around and usually find out it's just ME
A "squat" obviously has a different meaning in my neck of the woods

Cheers!
Glen

edit: ....however, I do agree - the site goes up and down.... mainly down ....almost all of the time lately.
Alfa02 likes this.

Last edited by xb-60; 08-24-2022 at 06:33 PM..
Old 08-28-2022, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I get this message (see below, you would all know it well) at least several times every @%# time I visit Club Cobra lately. I usually leave the site - frustrated - because there’s no point continuing to try to access threads.

Back a few weeks ago, it seemed that we had quite a number of new-ish members who became Club Cobra financial supporters because they could see the benefits supporting of this forum and hopefully it would return to good health helped by that support. Well it’s still severely wounded and very often non-functional, so please fix it ….. or maybe just give us our support contributions back?
Please, owner(s)/moderator(s) of this once great site, fix the damn site ……. or sell it off to people here who want to buy it and who do want to fix it so that we can return to enjoying it as we had previously been accustomed to doing.
This will probably get me red tagged and banned again. I’ve been there before.

Commiserations,
Glen

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
• Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

eschaider and Harpoon PV2 like this.

Last edited by xb-60; 08-29-2022 at 01:54 AM.. Reason: edit
Old 08-28-2022, 11:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     
Thumbs down Yes,

ditto, Glen! Same issues...

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear
Old 08-29-2022, 12:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by xb-60 View Post
I get this message (see below, you would all know it well) at least several times every @%# time I visit Club Cobra lately. I usually leave the site - frustrated - because there’s no point continuing to try to access threads.

Back a few weeks ago, it seemed that we had quite a number of new-ish members who became Club Cobra financial supporters because they could see the benefits supporting of this forum and hopefully it would return to good health helped by that support. Well it’s still severely wounded and very often non-functional, so please fix it ….. or maybe just give us our support contributions back?
Please, owner(s)/moderator(s) of this once great site, fix the damn site ……. or sell it off to people here who want to buy it and who do want to fix it so that we can return to enjoying it as we had previously been accustomed to doing.
This will probably get me red tagged and banned again. I’ve been there before.

Commiserations,
Glen

The page cannot be found
The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
• Click the Back button to try another link.

HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

That msg is what I referred to... been happening for a few weeks now. Started a few days after it came back on line from the last outage. Started off once a day or so now it takes dozens of tries to view unread posts. There is most likely a corruption in the database tables. The ancient forum software isn't a bonus.

Sell? That group has reconsidered. Give away control? Maybe. The state and value of this is the owners would likely have to pay to have someone take it off their hands.

Heck just let a few knowledgeable people have moderator and site control rights and let volunteers fix things.

I doubt those donors feel they are getting their money's worth

Last edited by twobjshelbys; 08-29-2022 at 12:38 AM..
Old 08-29-2022, 06:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 482ci sideoiler
Not Ranked     

When I receive the dreaded message, I “page back” and then “refresh” the link and can then proceed without the message, rinse repeat as needed. I’m no computer guru and not sure why that works, your results may vary.
Harpoon PV2 likes this.
Old 08-29-2022, 07:01 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobjshelbys View Post

Heck just let a few knowledgeable people have moderator and site control rights and let volunteers fix things.
As a moderator on a sister site to this one, I am glad to not have site control over and above the typical moderator access.

Just saying

Bill S.

PS: As for being a long term donor, of both time, and money, I'm happy with my bang for the buck and still believe it was an investment that paid me back 10 fold.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 08-29-2022, 11:48 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It's up, it's down, who cares.

What's amazing to me, at least, is that a relatively "simple" site like this (not Amazon or whatever), compared to other similar car forums, has problems most days for some reason.

Like, is there some line or bad code that keeps bringing the site down? Bad server? Cloudy day?

Did the rotary dial phone connection, like in the 1983 movie War Games, get knocked off the hook by the cat?
twobjshelbys likes this.
Old 09-02-2022, 06:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well for one thing the site is still on the old software which hasn't been supported for quite some time and it is showing its age. Most other sites have changed over to XenForo and that is a good platform which is supported and is also secure which this site is not. I would hate to see it crash and lose all of the great information that is on here so hopefully they can keep it going. This is the first time in weeks that I have been able to post.

ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-02-2022, 11:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC, 1964 289 stroked to 331, toploader
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Well...

tonight is the first time in a long while that the site has worked well! Hopefully that will continue!
Harpoon PV2 likes this.

Paul

Unique Motorcars 289 USRRC
1964 289 5-bolt block
Toploader and 3.31 rear
Old 09-23-2022, 01:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello? Anyone here? How many days was this one?
Old 09-23-2022, 01:54 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Hello? Anyone here? How many days was this one?
I thought I had dreamed it. You know, like that season from Dallas?
Old 09-23-2022, 02:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

You can actually see the site auger in each time. Page displays get progressively slower; some do not display at all, logon's become progressively more difficult and then BOOM! Days/weeks go by, and finally, a crippled version of the site re-emerges.

While these outages could be attributable to website or server software, I suspect it is website software long overdue for an upgrade.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 09-23-2022, 06:59 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Only what?, 2-days this time. Seems like everytime Bill S. & I talk (Phone call) the site comes back up within hours, same thing happened today Hummm..... Bill you have an answer for that
Old 09-24-2022, 02:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I've lost track....is it 2 days back on, or 2 days back off...?

Cheers!
Glen
Old 09-24-2022, 08:39 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfa02 View Post
Only what?, 2-days this time. Seems like everytime Bill S. & I talk (Phone call) the site comes back up within hours, same thing happened today Hummm..... Bill you have an answer for that
I suppose the site owner needs to be reminded when the site goes down so he can replace the bearings on the hamster wheel and feed or replace the hamsters that switch off which each other every few hours.

Bill S.
Ron61, Morris, eschaider and 1 others like this.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS