Old 09-15-2022, 06:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

See post number 1
Old 09-15-2022, 05:06 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck View Post
See post number 1
Maybe the banner is still up because the advertising was paid in advance?

In any case if you click on the banner, it will take you nowhere.
Old 09-16-2022, 06:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ntCobra View Post
Maybe the banner is still up because the advertising was paid in advance?

In any case if you click on the banner, it will take you nowhere.
First : They have admitted publicly that they have ceased operation

Second : How about showing some good old fashion morals, values, and ethics. And showing the forum members you have there best interest at heart, yes the very same members that have supported the forum all these years.

Third : If had lost money with them and everytime I logged on to the forum and saw that banner pop up, talk about rubbing your nose in it.

Last edited by kanuck; 09-16-2022 at 06:40 AM..
Old 09-16-2022, 04:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era#671 Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck View Post
First : They have admitted publicly that they have ceased operation

Second : How about showing some good old fashion morals, values, and ethics. And showing the forum members you have there best interest at heart, yes the very same members that have supported the forum all these years.

Third : If had lost money with them and everytime I logged on to the forum and saw that banner pop up, talk about rubbing your nose in it.
Well said, Couldn't agree more
Kthulu likes this.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looks like sept 25th is pick up your parts "or what's left of them" day at Craft Performance.
Old 09-23-2022, 02:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Atty. Steve Westerfield 501 623 3922 No one picks up the phone and the mail box is full.

When I saw that it says the 25th is the day to pick up your stuff "or what's left of it" that is a sunday, so how much
creedence can you put into that.
Old 09-23-2022, 03:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

This story sounds very familiar to me. I paid money to an engine builder with a long, strong reputation. It was only after deadlines were missed and lies were told that I discovered he had quietly sold his business (with his name on it) to an unskilled buyer. Two years and many angry customers later the business was failing under the new owner, and he could not make the monthly payments he owed the original owner. So the original owner reclaimed his business. When I complained to the original / now again owner about my losses, he denied responsibility because it was under the other guy. My loss was not enough to warrant legal action, but I consider the original seller complicit in the action that deceived and ultimately defrauded customers. Plainly I would not have purchased from an untested owner, and the original owner would not have been paid as much for his business had he openly acknowledged the sale.

That is why past reputation is not nearly the whole story when selecting a vendor.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 09-23-2022, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2291, Whipple Blown & Injected 4V ModMotor
Not Ranked     

These events can be bitter experiences. In the end the age old Caveat Emptor admonition is always true. The buyer is responsible for doing his due dilligence. The scenario is much like a home owner coming to a bank to ask for a mortgage on a home they are attempting to purchase. The bank is in essence the buyer because they are coming up with the funds to make the purchase.

Where the analogy differs is the owner is promising to pay the bank back over time — the mortgage. The bank has to assess two different items. One item is the value of the house and the other item is the credit worthiness and predisposition to repay the mortgage loan that the buyer has.

The bank will not take the buyer or seller's representations as fact. Instead they do their own research and based on what they discover, determine if they want to participate in the transaction and at what price they wish to sell money to the new owner.

Sadly the same is true of a shop like Craft's when it is sold. The difference is we are not the bank we are a customer for the goods and services the shop sells. Determining how much different it is after the sale is minimally tough — at least for a while. One alternative would be to pick the #2 provider of goods and services. The obvious downside is that if the #1 provider continued to perform as before you lost the benefit of doing business with them. The upside is the risk mitigation.

There is risk involved with anything we choose to do. Our responsibility (to ourselves) is to manage and mitigate the risk to an acceptable level. Risk can not be eliminated. It can be mitigated and it can be managed. The more mitigation and management we do the happier we will be — but in the end it is always important to remember risk can not be eliminated.

Help them do what they would have done if they had known what they could do.
Old 09-26-2022, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

So did anyone get there stuff?
Old 10-04-2022, 12:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Meanwhile back at the ranch.