• 1 Post By Danr55

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2023, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Autokraft AK 1245

Hey guys. More or less, new member here. Had the opportunity to get to know a few of you over the last number of months and can't say enough about how helpful and welcoming you have been. Thank you so much for your help and guidance as I have worked my way through the purchase and prep for road time after many years in storage.

I recently had the opportunity to purchase Autokraft 1245 and just can't wait for Summer to put a few miles on her. Old School 427 FE, so yea, I am certainly looking to be conservative with her as I get to know her! But oh that sound! It's all about the sound!! Oh OK, and the looks! And the place in time it takes us back to!

And yes, I know the next request. Pictures! Well crud, I'm slow! And I still work for a living, so time challenged as well. Haha. I do have a few pictures from it being pulled out of storage and going into the shop, but that's about it for now. I promise, I'll try to figure out how to post them here. Seems like you have to upload them to a gallery first or something? Any tech advise is appreciated.

I'm quite sure I'll be getting to know Tom (Alfa02) better and the other PNW guys and gals over the next few years as well. And can't say enough about how helpful Jeff (1985 CCX) has been. And it has been great to catch up with a few of the other "old school" Cobra guys out there as well. It's been fun to share some of the old stories.

As I mentioned, I am a bit time challenged with a pretty busy full time job. But I do look forward to getting to know more of you over the years as I know this is a pretty small and tight knit community with stunning taste in automotive art and history. I look forward to good times and good conversations with you all in the months and years to come.

60 degrees and sunny all day in the PNW today. I can't frickin wait for that sound!
Attached Images

Tom Kirkham, 1985 CCX, LMH and 8 others like this.
Old 03-17-2023, 09:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey! Look at that! I figured out how to post a picture. Next thing you know, I'll be sending fax documents online.
1985 CCX and Alfa02 like this.
Old 03-18-2023, 12:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AP 289FIA 'English' spec.
Not Ranked     

Wow! Nice! Please post more pictures

Cheers!
Glen
Old 03-18-2023, 05:29 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Looks great now that it is off the lift and down on all four.

Enjoy the ride

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 03-18-2023, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Very nice! Even "Frenched" headlights. I like it

BTW....beware of the TommyRot (Alfa02) Never call him unless you are willing to give up at least an hour of your life.
Alfa02 likes this.

Last edited by KarlzEE Bebout; 03-18-2023 at 08:24 AM..
Old 03-18-2023, 09:52 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     

Pat, as we have said (The Family has voted you in), you my friend will fit right in. Now if we can get you retired, I know, I know boats (Yachts) are fun to play with, but those are just business Are we still looking @ April per Mike & Butch's time frame?? It will be interesting to get the "Sows Ear" & your "Silk Purse" together and see how close the paint color is. And Yes, Karlos, Pat knows an hour is shot (Min.), but he can keep up with me He hasn't heard ALL my stories yet We'll talk soon Pat, Cheers Tom. P.S. it's nice you took the "Gullwing" out for a drive while you we're there

Last edited by Alfa02; 03-18-2023 at 09:56 AM..
Old 03-18-2023, 02:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: AK1085 (302), HTM111 (427 Comp), CSX2375R (289 Comp) and Scratch 427 S/C
Not Ranked     

Pat

Welcome to the club.
Next post go to Forums, blue bar upper left
Scroll to AC MKIV
Then post, it’s easier to find later as it’s a much smaller forum subset.
Still posts on main front screen.
Attached Images

Last edited by 1985 CCX; 03-18-2023 at 02:14 PM..
Old 03-19-2023, 08:15 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default unique look

Thanks guys! Rear lights and license plate frenched in too. Pretty unique look. I'll for sure post more pics once I get her home and all detailed.

Tom: Good question on timing. Should still be on schedule, but a couple parts have questionable ETA (typical these days.....). Once the classic chambered exhausts and the Moto-Lita boss show up, we'll be on the final stretch to get her all back together again.
1985 CCX and Alfa02 like this.
Old 03-19-2023, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

FAN CEE. Youser!
Old 03-21-2023, 08:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Classic, 428 FE CCX 3069
Not Ranked     

"And Yes, Karlos, Pat knows an hour is shot (Min.), but he can keep up with me He hasn't heard ALL my stories yet "

Tommy, has anyone hear ALL of your stories? I don't think so... not yet anyway. I understand Karl is waiting for the last 22 years of your history...
Alfa02 likes this.

Dan in Arizona
CCX3209

"It's a great car and I love it, but it doesn't do 'SLOW' very well."
Old 03-21-2023, 11:00 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Pacific Roadster, 347 cu.in. 5-speed
Not Ranked     
Default Poking the Bear !!!

Oh'Danr, AND the stories keep coming...... In fact, I looked at my list, you're on the short list for a CALL!!! Now you've done it, you're at the top, see what happens when you poke the bear Fact is, BOTH Patty & Karlos had to hear about the 4-post lift Brent & I went in halfers on yesterday. I haven't even told you about the "New" Cobra (The Most Expensive Sows Ear Every Built) that will take up a good 2 hours of your life Here's looking forward to your call, Buddy Boy, TommyRot.

Last edited by Alfa02; 03-21-2023 at 11:18 PM..