21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2002, 05:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2180, second one, Roush 427, first one SPF 746, 514 Big Block Strocker
Not Ranked     

time to close this tread.
We should get 20 BB cobras together and do a massive burn-out for creeper in a big city. Creeper can have trail lawers availbe, so that all of the burn-out drivers can be sued by the enviromental wakos for discaring all of this unburned high octane gas into the atmosphere which will have a green house effect.
HA HA HA only a joke
Old 07-16-2002, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     
Talking

Chaplin
I humbly bow to you sir for your command of language and logic.

creeper
Seriously--Black's law dictionary? Read some modern evidence codes my man.

An out of court statement proffered for the truth of the matter includes all manner of things stated in or portrayed by different forms of media in this modern world--books, newsprint, photos, videos, computer downloads, etc. It certainly is not limited to statements uttered by a human being, witness or otherwise. The very same evidentiary concerns exist--ability to cross-exam, etc. If it's not being offered for the truth of the matter asserted, then a relevance objection is certainly germain to the discussion.

The videos in your patrol units, as with the security cameras my clients use, regularly come in under the business records exception to the HEARSAY Rule--they are still hearsay in the first instance. They tend to make it in darn near automatically, and their admission has been codified if certain preconditions are met--but they still are hearsay and contain hearsay (some jurisdictions allow apportionment of hearsay and non-hearsay contained within the videos). The video here was not created for a business purpose. Clearly it was not an admission--Pat didn't make it. Might it still make it in for a non-hearsay purpose (not for the truth of the matter or to impeach)? Yes--and we both know you can't trust a juror to know the difference.

Yes--full context is needed, and the foundational issues must be answered--neither of which have been accomplished here.

But to say a video, including the ones in your patrol units are not hearsay? Please sir--tell me your District Attorneys have a better grasp on the evidence code of your jurisdiction when they seek to introduce the evidence you provide. Like I said, it may get in so quickly you don't notice--and I note that New York has codified its admission in both the civil and criminal contexts--but it's still a medium which includes hearsay.

I learned federal evidence from Judge Wallace, former Chief Judge of the Ninth Circuit, state evidence from a brillant guy here in California named Bernie Witkin (the dean of California law), and after 22+ years of practice, I teach evidence to a whole slew of youngins. But what the heck do I know?

Last edited by Jamo; 07-16-2002 at 07:29 PM..
Old 07-16-2002, 05:55 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Keith Craft Motor
Not Ranked     
Wink hey Jamo

Don't let Creeper tarnish your view on all officers. As being a Texas Lawman (pulling up belt and removing toothpick from mouth) I just want to go on the record as saying I think he is the small percentage of officers that don not know the meaning of discretion (we call them arrestbot 2000). I just want you to know that i did a huge burnout in my cobra saturday, put it up and them got back in my 40 hp 63VW ragtop.

Searanch-I'll hold the bunny down---you pull

Todd
Old 07-16-2002, 06:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 445 FE stroker
Not Ranked     

Now look here, or is that hear. When you come back to Ohio you boys need to hold it down, things are nice and quite in our little hamlets and villages. In fact in London things are so slow that out of the five hookers in town three of them are still virgins Rex
BOLDLY GOING NOWHERE
Old 07-16-2002, 06:38 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

And the two that have experience are on the back of the biggest Mack trucks you've ever seen. Their motto is proudly displayed as "The BEST Hookers in Town".
For those in question ....we're referring to "tow trucks"

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 07-16-2002, 06:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Razor
Thank god he works narcotics, not vice. Them girls would be in some serious tongue lashing.
Hey DV, if the DVSFIII has the worst turn out, please don't blame the Gasholes. We only hoped to add fun and excitement. You can blame the poor turn out on the lawman from NY.

I don't need to travel 5000 miles round trip to get arrested. I can do it right here in the comfort of my home.

We were told someone was kidding and poking. Well, why shouldn't I?
Ultimate creeper dream. Catch a hooker doing a burnout with two joints in her purse and three unpaid traffic tickets.
Yeah, buddy. It doesn't get better than that! Life is good.

Todd,
Don't you worry my friend. If some of the remarks directed at creeper sounded too broad, it was solely to drive a point home . (I didn't know there was no one home at the time) Me and most of my closest friends have a better understanding of what you folks do, so I can sleep better at night.
We actually appreciate the heroism and the risks. Some of my good friends are in the same profession as you.
We know better.

TURK
Old 07-16-2002, 07:06 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

I'll add a big Assolutely to Turk's comment about everyone that's on The Job. Every time I pi$$ off some union and several hundred of them are on a picket line wanting to kick my beloved a$$, I thank my god for having a bunch of the boys in blue between us.

Nope--haven't heard one comment about creeper's profession, nor should there be. Thank you creeper for what you do--in fact, if you're even half as determined in keeping the laws enforced as you are in pressing your point here--thank you very much sir. I, for one, look forward to meeting you at DVSFIII.

In fact, and this is serious, the Gasholes, at Turk's suggestion, have decided that you deserve our highest honor--a Gashole hat. You can e-mail Pat (ERA 535) your address directly, and it will be shipped--no BS attached. If you want, give him an alternative address if you continue to wish to stay confidential.

You see--we Gasholes don't always agree with each other. But we do respect persistence and a taste of humor, which you have shown. You are truly a Gashole on The Job.

Course, you're still an overbearing pr!ck--but aren't we all?
Old 07-16-2002, 07:09 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink Now you did it!

Now you let the secret out Turk. I tried to keep it quiet but since we all know that "The Village People" are Creepers idols and the hot cop Victor Willis was originally from Greenwich Village, New York, we understand your contempt. You've made a valiant attempt to restore respect to the "men" of law enforcement especially with the San Francisco flavor, but alas, the truth be known, Creepers REAL name is probably Victor! I heard that Victor left the original group and is working narcotics undercover, literally. Creeper, that's ok man, we still respect you!
Welcome to the club and wear the Gashole hat with honor.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."

Last edited by Dan Semko; 07-16-2002 at 07:11 PM..
Old 07-16-2002, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Not Ranked     

Dano
I think I say this on behalf of many--you know WAY too much about the Village People.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:14 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

Jamo,
I just do my homework and know some good sounds when I hear them! Say, how are your lovelies that visted The Spring Fling?
I know, you NEVER leave home without them!!

Old 07-16-2002, 07:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA535 with 427FE s.o.& toploader
Send a message via AIM to bonyhadi Send a message via Yahoo to bonyhadi
Not Ranked     

IS THIS THREAD REALLY COMING TO AN END... WE MAKE KISSY FACE TO EVERYONE?

Todd
------- Tell us more about your burnout. Was it in a hospital district? Did you cause women
to run to the safety of their homes?? Come on, give us some juicy details!
Old 07-16-2002, 08:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 445 FE stroker
Not Ranked     

FACTOID: In 1969 Woodstock Rock Festival, which we know was held in the state of New York was originally scheduled to last 7 days but only lasted three. Why, you ask was it cut short? I will quote the late Jimi Hindrix " Hey Creeper just showed up I think Its time to go home". Rex

BOLDLY GOING NOWHERE
Old 07-16-2002, 08:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     
Default <whew>...Yes

Quote:
Originally posted by bonyhadi
IS THIS THREAD REALLY COMING TO AN END...
...yes, one way or another.
When the posts deteriorate to cheap shots...most people will just walk away.
Old 07-16-2002, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

goodnight gracie
Old 07-16-2002, 08:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

...and they lived happily ever after.

The End.

Who is John Galt?
Old 07-17-2002, 04:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - 460 Crate
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by creeper

Doir once again you are wrong. I did not threaten lawsuits.

Now look at the difference. Meat took one of my photos and altered it without permission and attempted to past if off as factual and violated the provision in copyright law that prevents intentional distortion, mutilation, or other modification of that work which would be prejudicial to his or her honor or reputation,. He infact removed the damage. I did not alter the photo or inherent nature of the materials as so stated in the copyright law. I can easliy remove captions and place them below if the author so wished. IF you look at the photo and the video you see that the content or inherent nature of the material of the photo are exactly the same. Dior stop trying to be Meat. It was you that arugued that Meat did not violate any copyright laws. So, which is it MR. wishy washy lawyer. On that forum you aruge one way and over here you argue another. Make up your mind.

Unfortunately, while trying to explain the rules of evidence to us "wishy washy lawyers" (interesting how you can get personally vindictive when someone catches your pious ass -- typical cop attitude my friends!) you forgot about the rule you'll never read about in any law books -- it's called the "sauce rule" -- "What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander". Why is it ok for you to alter a picture and post it on the web to prove a point, yet at the same time Meat is called a "law breaker" for doing the exact same thing? Your attempt to distinguish what you did from what Meat did is pathetic to say the least -- I wonder how long you pondered this great idea -- your comments on the picture added innuendo and attempted to unnaturally stress your point about lack of safety. To say this did not "alter" the inherent nature of the item is ridiculous. If you seriously claim that Meat affected your "honor or reputation" by adding the words "Meat Was Here" to a photo of your pipes, then, man-o-man you have some MAJOR psychological problems!

I never thought that Meat broke the law -- you did. I just point out how easy it can be for you to walk all over your own version of "right and wrong" as it suits you best.

PS -- any video is hearsay when in court - if it's being offered to prove the truth of its content. It gets in IF it meets one of the many EXCEPTIONS to the hearsay rule. Videos should be just as suspect as any other evidence, oral, written or otherwise. Your claim that Meat "altered" your picture only PROVES this point, especially in today's world of computers and software.
Old 07-17-2002, 05:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Dior,
I don't have, didn't have and never will have a "PIOUS" attitude. Talk about, "grouping!" Shame, shame!

Here's a new event for the DVSF III: All legal beagles line up in a row, cars facing the front. Now the "Thin Blue Line" lines up facing the beagles, the gasholes, without cars fall in shoulder to shoulder, in the middle.

Now on the count of "3" one huge burnout! Safety barriers and bubble wrap will be in place! Ohhh, this is going to get uugglly!

DV
Old 07-17-2002, 05:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon, windsor 408 stroker, tremec. Also GSX008
Not Ranked     

DV - I LIKE the sound of that. I will definitely come to DVSFIII if that event goes down.
Am I allowed to wear my cricket box for protection??

Wilf
Old 07-17-2002, 06:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OUCH.....
Think DV is tired of this thread as well!
auf weidersehen.... ciao!
Old 07-17-2002, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Every BODY is tired of this thread.!

TURK