LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2002, 07:15 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink Almost sounds like...

Jamo,
You ALMOST sound like a lawyer. Do you know Evan Harris, I think he might have changed occupations and recently added the Esquire beside his name.
I believe that Turk may also be a "counselor" at least that's what he told all of the girls at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio when we were cruising. I still don't fully understand about the mandatory full body search doctrines but I must admit, it is very effective. Dave Sampson tried this approach several years ago and was promptly deported to the Outback!

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 07-15-2002, 08:55 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Where is Dave Sampson?

Old 07-15-2002, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

When I post, I am posting as TURK...not as a moderator.
When I felt what I had to say would not be very nice I took it offline.

Please refrain from attacking me personally, like you have for some time now.
I went back and read almost every one of your posts from day one since you have been on the forum. I can say you certainly have a bias, and an agenda. I would be glad to post some of the memorable ones in here if you wish, but they would not be very complimentary.

If I was acting as a responsible moderator I would have locked this thread a long time ago. I did NOT because it would seem to be self serving.

Just like a radio talkshows, where the host hangs up on you when he does not like what you have to say. I won't do that. It would be chicken poop to have the last word and then hang up.

But, please Mr. Officer...how much more of this do you really want?
I would be glad to give you my home or work number, you can call me collect and I will listen to you until you have nothing else left to say, and then we will go away as two grown ups. Only if you promise not to come back in here and regurgitate what has been done over and over.

We have been irresponsible, we endangered the public safety with police officers in attendance who obviously were no where near as caring and as trained as you yada yada. Can we stop now, or do we keep this up until DVSFIII?

It is not I that keeps this going on. I suggested additional security because it would be the right thing to do. When The burnouts were taking place in the streets of London, not only I did not participate , like Jamo mentioned numerous times...I was livid. The speeds were being reached that would make it difficult to stop if someone from the side streets pulled in the way of the speeding Cobras.
When they see the car a block down the road they may not know how fast the car is travelling and how fast it is closing up.
I thought that was dangerous.

As for my or DV's or Pat's burnout... It was far more controlled. It did NOT get up to speeds of 40-50 miles an hour. It couldn't.
The crowd pleasers were being performed in front of the crowds safely away from them. Speeds of 15-20 and it is shut down! As the cars started travelling forward they were no longer doing a burnout.

I have not seen a video of my burnout, and if someone has it...please post it for this officer as evidence.Let's see how "irresponsible" I was being.

When a kid gets the crap beat out of him in front of a video, it is INCONCLUSIVE.
To this fellow the video of my burnout (he has NOT seen) is enough evidence to convict me.Go figure!
Man, Am I glad I live nowhere near you. Either you would have my butt in jail, or I would have your butt.

Hence the suggestion for additional security! You will be in DVSFII, won't you?
I would love to seee your badge and gun. I get off on things like that. Obviously you do too.!!
See, we have something in common.

TURK
Old 07-15-2002, 09:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 445 FE stroker
Not Ranked     

I will tell you this my cobra friends that if there is no officer with his gun and his bullet (he keeps it in his shirt pocket). I promise I will chase down these rebel rousers yelling "CITIZENS ARREST, CITIZENS ARREST, CITIZENS ARREST!!!!! Restoring peace to our fine community. Rex
Old 07-15-2002, 09:29 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC #004 (Original ERA?)
Not Ranked     
Default Very Funny

Rex, I've been haunted by the same image for a few days. Been thinking that this is what it would have been like, had Andy not been there to calm him down! Great call, Pete
Old 07-15-2002, 10:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Creeper, your response actually got a laugh from me. I was all set to go for the jugular, but there you go and make me laugh. Besides, your job is one step above McDonald's.
Old 07-15-2002, 10:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Cool Tom-in-Ohio...???

Make mine a double Long Island ice tea, thanks

Next round is on me.
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm
Old 07-16-2002, 06:31 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink You show him buddy!

Turk,
Don't buckle down to Barney, show him YOUR badge, you know the one that you were flashing when we visited Miami University and you did those full body searches. I did ask Pat if we could use his handcuffs the next time and the women really, really like the sound of your telescoping night stick!! But that whistle has to go....!!!

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 07-16-2002, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by bonyhadi
dano,
I always pump up the tires to 80lbs before I do a burnout. Jamo will bring you up to speed on my removable steering wheel option on my Cobra.
Wow, 80lbs. Is that a special GASHOLE capability?
Old 07-16-2002, 12:59 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Turk , who's keeping this alive. I said what I had to say and I suggested that this should have been locked down. Now I'm just having fun with it. A little poke here a little poke here and some get their panties in a bunch. People cursing and getting all upset..LOL You take a little poke at me, I take a little poke at you and you spend all day looking and reading posts. All for what. So, you can post some pot shot at me. Entertaining to say the least.

Yes I'll be at DVSF III.

"It's Gods responsibility to forgive Bin Laden"
"It's our responsibility to arrange the meeting"
United States Marine Corps.

NYPD & NYFD. Gone, but no forgotten.
My Buildpage
Old 07-16-2002, 01:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Could someone please pull the batteries out of the pink bunnie's arse...

Old 07-16-2002, 01:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR - 460 Crate
Not Ranked     

Seems like we've caught Creeper violating the LAW!!! Right here on this very forum!!! Can this sanctimonius GOD be a mere mortal? Man, your badge is getting tarnished!!!

Seems like he's forgotten about all those COPYRIGHT LAWS that he was threatening lawsuits with over on CF. Check it out:

http://www.cobraforum.com/yabbse/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=3300;sta rt=0

You doctor up a picture just like Meat did to your picture of your "terrible" sidepipe coating job. No one here seems to be threatening you with a lawsuit.
Old 07-16-2002, 01:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jamo,

Serious discussion. First we must define hearsay. BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY 649 (5th ed. 1979). Hearsay is defined as "[a] statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted.". Now that we see that hearsay applies to statements. A video is not a statement of a witness. The video was confirmed of when it was filmed and where. Under hearsay there are exemptions referring to :A. Admissions
and B. The Business Records Exception
. Neither which applies here.

As referring to videos lying . I would refer you back to me stating that the videos need to be shown in the total context. Start to finish of any act. I agree with you that the camera can shrink down distances. But it also shrinks down the size of the cars. A fairly accruate distance can be obtained by scaling down measurements accordingly. Video doesn't lie that there were no barriers or there was no starter.

As far as foundational questions, there were already amitted to. A few admitted to particapating at a certain date and place. Therefore the camera person would not be needed. Although , they would only be needed to state that he was a such place at such date. No further testimony would be needed. But, any further questioning would be helpful. Jurors will rely more on a video than witness testimony. All our cars have video's in them. 100% conviction rate when the video's are used for evidence. Most plead guilty. The same can't be said for eye witness testimony.

They are always up for challenge thats what they do. Defense lawyers hate videos.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamo
creeper
Still a stupid misspelling on my part--I normally check for things like that.

No poking--serious discussion. Are you taking the position that a video tape is not hearsay evidence? That foundational questions need not be asked as to how it was made--such as what affect zooming might have as to how close things appear to be to each other? Come on--I use videos all the time, and also defend against them--probably more so than in other areas of the law (we use security camera videos all the time to catch employees doing something, not to mention their use in labor disputes by both sides). Videos do "lie" all the time--they are subject to the whims of the person making them, or to the bent the offering party wishes to make of them. As a percipient witness (and others have posted here), the video shrunk the distances you think you see. Obviously, the perceptions of the various witnesses (human and otherwise) only comes into play once the evidence comes in, but is still subject to challange. BTW, DV's comment about shutting it down had to do with non-Spring Fling participants (a kid in a Mustang) being stupid.

Sometimes folks have a valid point, but it is overshadowed because of the delivery. Nobody likes being talked down to. I don't think anyone has a problem with someone saying "be careful".

You're right--folks poked at you, but you might want to consider the fact that you invited pokes in the butt by hitting them over the head with a stick. IMFHO

My Buildpage
Old 07-16-2002, 01:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Dior55
Seems like we've caught Creeper violating the LAW!!! Right here on this very forum!!! Can this sanctimonius GOD be a mere mortal? Man, your badge is getting tarnished!!!

Seems like he's forgotten about all those COPYRIGHT LAWS that he was threatening lawsuits with over on CF. Check it out:

http://www.cobraforum.com/yabbse/ind...d=3300;start=0

You doctor up a picture just like Meat did to your picture of your "terrible" sidepipe coating job. No one here seems to be threatening you with a lawsuit.
Doir once again you are wrong. I did not threaten lawsuits.

Now look at the difference. Meat took one of my photos and altered it without permission and attempted to past if off as factual and violated the provision in copyright law that prevents intentional distortion, mutilation, or other modification of that work which would be prejudicial to his or her honor or reputation,. He infact removed the damage. I did not alter the photo or inherent nature of the materials as so stated in the copyright law. I can easliy remove captions and place them below if the author so wished. IF you look at the photo and the video you see that the content or inherent nature of the material of the photo are exactly the same. Dior stop trying to be Meat. It was you that arugued that Meat did not violate any copyright laws. So, which is it MR. wishy washy lawyer. On that forum you aruge one way and over here you argue another. Make up your mind.

My Buildpage

Last edited by creeper; 07-16-2002 at 02:08 PM..
Old 07-16-2002, 01:53 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC #004 (Original ERA?)
Not Ranked     
Default Alright Already!

Creeper.
Pat and Turk are public enemies numbers 1 and 2 and you are Dick Tracy. I feel better now...do you?

Pete C
Old 07-16-2002, 01:54 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

It is heresy to be discussing the definition of hearsay of CC. I log on to this site to escape the duldroms of my vocation. Please stop blending my avocation with my vocation, unless someone wants to hire me to make by avocation my vocation again- in which case discussing hearsay would have no relevance to anything and should not be allowed on CC.

Thanks
Mike
Old 07-16-2002, 02:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

chaplin...thanks for making my day. i finally understand some logic in this illogical thread with your posting . is it curtain call time yet ? bill...lurking in wonderment
Old 07-16-2002, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Hey Creepie,

You been raidin the evidence room cause ya must be on crack ya f*ckin wingnut. We come here to have fun and the odd pissing contest - you're killin me...

Ya really shouldn't practice law without a license and yur badge is a very poor substitute for a law degree. You are proving a point I have made a number of times outside of this forum that some cops do not even have a basic understanding of the law - I would like to be proven wrong and you're not helping that impression. Your interpretation of the hearsay rule is seriously flawed - but who damn well cares...

Jaysus someone pull the batteries the drum banging is giving me a headache...

Last edited by searanch; 07-16-2002 at 04:24 PM..
Old 07-16-2002, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking It's Miller Time....Again !!!!

Time for a cold one.

I'm STILL buying.

Back-In-Black.....one Long Island tea coming up !!!

I will leave this thread now, and come back later when I can't see straight.

Tom
Old 07-16-2002, 05:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Yup...

I knew I heard the motor tubes going off!

DV