26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2003, 10:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     
Post Feedback on Premier Motorsports Cars?

Can anyone give me a little feedback on Premiere Motor Sports replicas? They happen to be right here in KC, but before I make a trip over there to see them, I just want to make sure it's worth my time. I have seen a very nice example of an FE-powered car here in town, but didn't have the chance to do an upclose inspection.

Do they do their own chassis and bodies, and if so, is it quality stuff? Are they availale turn-key or as rollers? What is the price range? The lack of information out there concerns me a bit. I couldn't find a website or any literature for them.

After the last thread I started, I'm leaning heavily towards the Superformance, but I just want to make sure all my bases are covered. Plus, if it's a quality product, I'm all for supporting a hometown business. Please let me know your honest opinions.

Feel free to email me if you prefer.

Thanks,

Russ
Old 03-13-2003, 10:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     
Cool

They make their own body and chassis. The chassis is patterned very closely after an original 427 style chassis. They use modern brakes and suspension with a Ford 8.8 IRS. The body is pretty accurate and the fiberglass work is very nice. All of the guys I spoke with were very knowledgable and very enthusiastic.

You will have to call them to be sure, but I believe they come as painted rollers. I also think that the price is similar to a Superformance, but I did not ask what the exact price was. If you are leaning towards Superformance, at least check these guys out.

BTW: Premier has a first class body and paint shop that has painted several Shelby's.
Old 03-13-2003, 07:14 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Russ,

We would be glad to show you our wares! To make sure you don't waste your time, I'll commit to buying lunch. Hope to see you soon. The picture is worth thousands of words, you won't be disappointed.

Chuck Nickloy
816-803-3766
Attached Images

Old 03-13-2003, 07:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary-Aluminum 484 FE
Not Ranked     

I saw a number of their cars at Club Sandwich Show in St. Louis last year and they appeared to be very nice cars, although I didn't drive one. They also ran their cars at R & G and they drove them hard and they were still running when the event concluded.
As I recall the glass work and paint was outstanding. Seems like there was a SAI car there for a few days that was painted by them. A very nice group of guys, and in talking to the owner of the Company, Mr. Nickloy, I came to the conclusion that he was quite knowlegeable about all things automotive, and very friendly, just your average gearhead having a good time. I would certainly check them out.

Wayne Turpin
Old 03-13-2003, 08:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: GT40 NZ & GT40NA
Not Ranked     

I have been to their shop a few times, and they have some very impressive cars there. (bareframes to turnkeys & everything in between)

Call them up & go see for yourself. You won't be dissapointed!
Old 03-15-2003, 07:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have also been to their shop and it is very impressive. They gave the entire Midwest Cobra Club a tour of their shop and let everyone see the entire operation right down to the stitching of the seats. They make sure their Cobra's (can I say that?) are very accurate, and they are not afraid to do modifications if the customer wants them. Very nice people...

Mr. Nickloy even saved the day when about 4 - 5 Cobra's went to the area drag strip and had a 1970's Corvette besting everyone's time's until Chuck "the lever" Nickloy showed him what happens when you upset a Cobra. He never gave up and by the end of the day, the Cobra stood tall (and bielieve it or not, even though the Corvette was beaten, it still was running at the end of the event!). By the way, Chuck said it was his first drag race trip ever!
Old 03-15-2003, 06:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Russ,

I am the guy in the lime green tee shirt. This is my car. I own PMS 4203 (third car made). You are welcome to my home at any time to look at the workmanship of the car. It is FIRST CLASS. Chuck and guys worked with me at every step to get the car correct. When we had a problem, they corrected it immediately. I started out to buy the pieces, but frankly I saw the workmanship they could do in that shop and hired them to do a lot of the work. They have built several CSX cars and they look great. Again, if you have any questions, or would like to see the finished product, please call me. I live in the KC area. Chuck is a very interesting, straitforward guy and very willing to work with a buyer. The guy that really turns the wrenches, Mark has been building Cobras for about 20 years. A first class guy, very family oriented, will not lie to you or take advantage of a situation. They use the 4 inch tube frame and as correct as is possible (at a reasonable price) suspension. I have a big block (428), top loader, 308 gears for road travel. Ran it hard today (over 80 degrees outside) and never got over 85 C on the water. These cars took first and third at Run and Gun this year right off of the trailers. Also am good friends with another PMS car in town, can give you his name. Look at the pic. notice in the background the number of bodies. Some of them are Alu CSX cars. They do body work for a lot of CSX cars. In short, they know Cobras. Take a tour.

Brian
Old 03-16-2003, 08:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Russ,

I have one of the CSX cars that Premier Motor Sports produced. I wanted to respond to a few items. I was the CSX car referred to at the Run N Gun this last year. I was there to learn, observe and help a friend that was competing.

Premier's standings were excellent for their first showing at the event, but all the cars competed in the Big Block Street Prepared class on the road course only. Yes, they took 1st & 3rd, but in their class. Excellent results for both cars! One of the cars had 2 miles on it when it arrived and had been completed the week before the event. The other had a few miles on it, but only minimal preparation for the event. Says a lot for attention to detail and quality of workmanship as a street car or a racer.

I have also had my car on a few tracks. When you take it out and push it for the first time and the only thing you need to do when you get off the track is adjust tire pressure and tweak the shocks and a few adjustments, it really boosts your confidence in what these guys can do! I can attest to the quality of workmanship, paint work, preparation and experience! These guys are very experienced! Definitely go spend some time with them. I spent 9 months traveling the U.S. for a manufacturer to work with, and found these guys in my backyard!

One of the comments indicated that they use modern suspension. They actually fabricated their suspension directly from the '65 427 dimensions. Technically, I can swap suspension with one of their cars and have the exact same results as with the suspension that came with my CSX car.

Give me a call anytime and we can get together for a ride and a direct discussion on their work. 816-935-2795

Old 03-16-2003, 09:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     

cobrablue, What I meant by modern is the 8.8 diff, modern more common ball joints, better adjustablility of the suspension, SN-95 front spindles for better brake selection, etc. All these things I considered modern.
Old 03-16-2003, 10:18 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Brian,

It looks like your throwing that body right on top of that poor guy helping you with your car. Are you trying to eliminate high bills?

Looks like a very clean shop. Any website for this outfit. Being out in Ct. not much chance of getting to shop.

Thanks
Jamie
Old 03-16-2003, 11:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Kris,

Yes you are right about that. But for those that are new and are learning about the differences, the suspension parts that make the car perform like the oroinal are to the same dimensions. That gives the car the same performance and handling characteristics as the original.

Some of the kits and replicas use custom suspension systems or take-offs from other cars as donors. Premier is all designed to use identical dimensions made right in their own metal shop, as is their frame and other frame and suspension parts.
Old 03-16-2003, 03:10 PM
The longest build.....
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Mid-States, 428 Police Interceptor, TKO 5 speed, Jaguar rearend, Trigos, and Guardsman Blue!!!
Not Ranked     
Default Hey cobrablue

Welcome to the club.

Cheers.

www.bluecarministries.com
Old 03-16-2003, 04:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jamie,

No web site that I am aware of. However, if you need some more pics of my car coming together, just give Chuck a note. I also have some.

I, like Cobra blue looked at several "Kits". For me it came down to getting as much "original" driving car as is possible within my budget. I liked the fact PMS builds most of the suspension parts in the shop. That way I can know who to call if something will not work. No passing the buck.

I rebuilt a 74 VW beetle for my Daughter and then a 68 400 Firebird Convert with my son. I was looking forward to this project as a build in my garage. I just saw the quality of the workmanship they do in that shop and was confident i could not compete quality wise in my shop. The interior also is built right in the shop. Top notch stuff!!

It was very cool to watch the car come together. They let me hang around the shop late afternoons and some evenings and weekends to see how it all works. (they gave me busy work)

I drove over 250 miles this weekend. Got my Father from the Nursing Home out for a ride and My 10 year old Nephew. both left with big smiles. As Chuck says, "Snake Bitten".

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Brian
Old 03-16-2003, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile

I have dealt with Chuck Nickloy for many years now. He has always been honest and upright in all his dealings. We would recommend him to anyone. He makes a really nice product.

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 03-18-2003, 07:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Russ,
Yes it is definitely worth your while to visit Chuck's operation, but don't go unless your ready to buy a first class cobra. I had looked at several cars, but couldn't find anything that suited me. One visit to Chuck's and I owned a Premier. His operation is first class. It's not a production line. He custom builds the car you want. You get to go there anytime and see your car being put together and realize you are getting a meticulousy hand built classic race car. I can only echo what others have said in this link about how accurate his chassis and suspension are. Our whole deal was done on a handshake and he did exactly what he said would do. Chuck and Mark and the rest of the crew worked double time to get the car ready for RUN & GUN 2002. Finished Mon. nite at seven, loaded up and got to St. Louis around one in the morning. Two short practice sessions and one timed lap later we were first for the big block Cobras on the road course in the street category. Not bad for a car with about five miles on it. Great testimony to their attention to detail. My advise is to do yourself a favor and go see the Premier operation before you spend your money, it can't hurt. Good Luck Frank Stone 913 341-2771 PS tried to post a pic of my car but the link accepts only a ridiculously small file. Call me if you want me to e-mail to you.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 289 FIA
Not Ranked     

Wow! Now these are some shining testimonials! I didn't even get a single private email from anyone who had one bad thing to say about Premiere. My main concern is that the cars look like original Cobras, both inside and out, and that there are no glaring body or interior discrepancies. Plus, be able to perform well on the street and the road course.

It looks like there are quite a few Premiere's here in town, and hopefully you're all members of the Midwest Cobra Club, and I'll get to meet you at the next Club meeting. I want to see more of these cars close up. .

Chuck:
I will absolutely call you for a personal appointement and visit.

Thanks for everyone's posts.

Russ
Old 03-19-2003, 01:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427SC 383 stroker
Not Ranked     

Sounds like a really top shelf product. Can some one please post a few pics of the exterior, cockpit and engine compartment of a completed car? I for one would love to have a good look but a visit to the shop right now would be a bit of a long haul.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference. -(wasn't me)

BEWARE OF THE DOGma!! Dogmatism bites...
Old 03-20-2003, 05:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Russ,
Resized pic and will try again. As an aside yesterday afternoon I stopped by Chucks. When I ran Run & Gun I had a small dual plane intake since the victor was backordered over 6 mos. What a difference that change made!!!!! It did move the RPM band up enough that I wanted to change rearends. I bot an alum. housing 3.73 ford 8.8, brand new from Forte's for $650. Thats affordable. About 3 hrs for chuck to install. Just an easy deal all around. Something to think about. The pic doesn't show interior, but it is a original as it gets-something that was very important to me. E-mail for more pics portsagamore@yahoo.com. Use subject line as I don't open something I don't know. Frank
Attached Images

Old 03-06-2004, 02:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: still in planning stage
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Premier Motor Sports

I am new to Club Cobra...I just completed a trip from Louisville, Kentucky to Kansas City. I spent March 3rd and 4th in the Premier Motor Sports location. Prior to this trip, I have been looking at SPF cars..SPF is a great car..I was extremely impressed with the (PMS) FINISH,QUALITY, AND FIT...These guys are sincere and they know their cars. If you are wanting to buy a turnkey,turnkey-minus, or any other combination...A visit here is a must. These guys treated me like a king and they want the business.