http://texascobraclub.com
Old 05-20-2003, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by G.R.

I'd like any of you to have the cojones to tell Evan to his face mano y mano what you say or infer to him here---he happens to love his car--a better ride than most of us have and bfd if he is proud of it and it's heritage--he has one you don't

So you have to denigrate him personally--you guys sound like a bunch of grade school children making fun of someone you dont even know--isn't technology great
hide behind the screen

I know Evan doesn't need anyone to speak for him, but I'm sick of the crap he gets---
G.R.

"hide behind the screen", you're darn right!!! I was reluctant to give DV my screen name to put on the ID's at the DVSF.. Figured I would probably get pounded by someone I've insulted over the past year... I'm going to have my wife wear the CASALEENIE moniker for the first day just in case there's any trouble... She's tougher than I am anyway...
and you are correct,,, Evan doesn't need anyone to speak for him.... He enjoys this stuff....

al
Old 05-20-2003, 04:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Dan, great oringinal message!!!

I would glady put this old FFR up against any Cobra out there. Heck I will even drive

Old 05-20-2003, 04:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR #3478, 351W W/ a Big Ol' Vortech
Not Ranked     

I'm not hiding and would say the same thing in person.

I just calls 'em like I sees 'em. I figured the fewer the words the better, and just netted it out for everyone.

Do I wish I had a CSX? No. Don't fool, nor flatter yourself.

My apologies if I offended anyone. Really.

Here, how's this: "Evan, Quit being a prick." Better?
Old 05-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey Mary,,,,I love that FFR!!!! Looking good on the track!

Ernie
Old 05-20-2003, 05:04 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Well Ozona all I can say is if you would really like to say it in person and feel you need to get it out of your system you'll have your chance. I'm not inviting it nor am I calling you out. I'm just letting you know you will have your chance if you'd like to. I'll be at the DVSF. I'll even wear my little name tag so you can find me. Oh. and as you might expect a "prick" like me has "CSX 4206" on the side of my trailer with a BIG "Cobra" emblem so I should not be hard to find.

I would hope you wouldn't be so foolish to do so. I'd rather have a good time with friends than confront someone looking for trouble.

Why are you the only FFR guy still pissed? Have you read my last post to Taz on the FFR buying SAI thread? I just don't get it.

Anyway, thats your hang up.

Last edited by REAL 1; 05-20-2003 at 05:12 PM..
Old 05-20-2003, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary CCX3117 427FE
Not Ranked     

Mary - cool photo! With the angle the car's taken at, it looks like David has some scary Fly eyes.... (rear view mirror) A serious question - are the cones laid on their side to tell you which side of them to go, or have they just been knocked over? Autocrossing in non-existent over here, which is a great shame because it looks like the best compromise between motorkhanas and roadrace courses. I loved the autoX video that you guys recently posted on FFCOBRA.
Old 05-20-2003, 05:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 2836K
Not Ranked     

That FFR Folks ....Will probably come close to taking a national class title in SCCA xcross this year or real close to it...Menace
Old 05-20-2003, 05:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The cone laying down is POINTING to the correct direction to take around the standing cone.

A "box" is drawn around the standing cone on the asphalt. If you hit the standing cone and it wobbles but STAYS INSIDE the marked area, no penalty. If it falls over or "woobles" and come to rest outside the marked area you get two seconds added to your "time".

Speeds generally do not exceed 65 ot 70 mph and if the cones are set up real tight and twisty you may not be able to use the horse power of a STOCK 302, let alone some fire breathing monster!

Auto X is about "finesse", "find the right line", "smooth". It's very heads up and a GREAT equalizer of small light wieght car vs monster V8 road eating machine! Depending on the track set up on any given day, a Dodge Neon may run nearly as good as a Vette!

Ernie

Last edited by Excaliber; 05-20-2003 at 09:49 PM..
Old 05-20-2003, 05:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR #3478, 351W W/ a Big Ol' Vortech
Not Ranked     

""CSX 4206" on the side of my trailer with a BIG "Cobra" emblem"

Surprises never cease.

"I'm not inviting it nor am I calling you out." That's exactly what you "read" like you're doing.

You can also keep the veiled threats to yourself. I'm not really impressed, nor am I worried about it.

I'll take myself out of the thread, so Evan / whomever the last word is yours. I'm not interested. The stuff I read around here is exactly why I purchased something / anything other than a CSX.

Bill
Old 05-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

You again have "read" something into my post that I did not intend.

Here, maybe this will help. Come over and shake my hand and I'll buy you a beer.

Please just don't call me a "prick" in person unless its tongue in cheek. Its not nice.
Old 05-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Oh hell Evan, I'll buy ya a beer and drink with ya--ya little prick.
Old 05-20-2003, 09:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

That is actually me driving not David I have to wear sun glasses because of my vision. We have since pulled that mirror off

The autox courses built in this area normally hit the 70 mph range on many areas of the course. At least once a year we get a course that is close to 90. At the last event this weekend we had a 5 gate slalom that was a 60 mph flowing blast. I was on the rev limiter the whole way flat out!!! We are lucky enough to have a National level course designer in our region.

Out of a normal 175 entry event our car is in the top 10 fastest cars with David and I driving. Our region has multi national champions to run against. The top cars are always EM, AP, BP, CP, BSP and CSP.

We will be competing at the National SCCA level this year. We hope to be the winners of AP and APL.

We have a data acquisition system installed in our car called Geez. We regularly pull 1.6 G’s turning. To say the least this car is a blast to drive. Talk about an e-ticket!

If you would like to see our “fun” spin video go to http://www.norcal-cobras.com/videos/autocross-fun.wmv David made it fun by forward and reversing the spin video. I am the driver in the orange shirt doing the almost complete 720. We had a little over steer problem that day! Combination of changing the front roll center without adjusting the rear shocks and bar and the slicks wearing out.
Old 05-21-2003, 08:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #821,Southern Automotive 427 Side Oiler w/2x4
Not Ranked     

TC is right. but hey alittle silicone goes along way. They look nice and they feel nice and.........
Old 05-21-2003, 08:55 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Evan aka Real 1

Hell I am looking forward to buying Evan a beer! Any guy who can stick with it, dish it out and take it as much as he does deserves one on me!

See YOU in 29 days

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com

Last edited by rdorman; 05-21-2003 at 10:36 AM..
Old 05-21-2003, 09:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

You let woman drive Cobras today, tomorrow they will want to play golf. What is this world coming to?

TURK
The PC One
Old 05-21-2003, 10:37 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     
Default Women and Cobras

Last time my wife drove the Cobra she ripped the oil pan OFF the car. That would explain why it was the last time

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 05-21-2003, 11:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

You guys crack me up!
Old 05-21-2003, 11:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Arntz/Bennett, FE with lots of shinny parts that make it go fast
Not Ranked     

Mary,
how many points do you get for the pylons . .......Just kidding, I couldn't resist. I know that Mary is a top notch driver. I didn't see you on the list for Tour de Vin, I'm guessing that you will be going over to Napa WCC.

Have fun,
Mike "monster"
Old 05-21-2003, 11:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking

I try harder to scare the course workers actually

Tour De Vin won't work for us this year as the body is coming off the car for a roll cage modification and the new high winding 306 is arriving any week now. We will be putting as much power to the ground with this naturally aspirated 306 as we were with the SC 302 Nothing like 425 RWHP with 12" slicks!! The performance is "un-REAL"

Have fun on the trip and sorry we have to miss it. Next year our new street car will be done and ready for the weekend cruises. It is currently sitting in the garage untouched. FFR 4277

Last edited by Mary Borden; 05-21-2003 at 11:44 AM..