21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2003, 08:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default COBRA Open Track Event, Kershaw, SC. aug30/31 . . . . . . . . .Event Motel info added

CobraEarl’s FFR Accessories and Whitby Motorcars, Inc. invite you to attend an open track event at Carolina Motor Sports Park, Kershaw, SC. August 30/31 2003.

We hope to have many Cobras of many brands in attendance, maybe even some CSX cars. There may be some mustangs, Corvettes and Z-cars there also.

The registration form at the bottom is a PDF file. If you cannot open the document, you can either download Acrobat document reader from the Internet or you can email me and I will send you a word version of the document. Or send me your address and I will mail you one.

When we receive your registration form we will send you a package of further information including event rules, track rules, a tech inspection form, local motel information and other general information about the event.

The event will have a very similar format to a lot of Open Track events I’ve seen, in that we will probably have 3 classes depending on Driver experience and HP of the Cobra. Plus we will have a ladies class. But,ladies that want to can run with the guys.

Each class will probably run for about 20 minutes then the next class will run for about 20 minutes. This rotation will go on all day long.

The track is 2.25 miles and 14 turns... 35 foot of elevation change. We will have the whole track for two days. If you have never been to one of these, it will be worth your time.

Website for CMSP: WEBSITE: http://www.carolinamotorsportspark.com/default.asp

Please note that this is not a racing event. There will be no keeping of times (officially). If your wife wanted to time you, no one could keep her from it.

There will be a tech inspection. Drivers will be required to have up to date SNELL RATED helmets. Cotton long sleeve shirts and long legged cotton pants will be required while on the track. Class A (Advanced) participants are encouraged to wear drivers suits.

We are looking for Volunteers to help make this event a success. Additionally, drivers may be required to take at least one turn as a corner worker each day, if we dont get enough 100% volunteers.

Saturday Night, we will have a volunteer appreciation BBQ.

We will have camping available both nights. (Friday and Saturday) Volunteers can camp for free. CMSP has electric hookups and a bathhouse with Showers.

Drivers that complete the Volunteer portion of the registration form will be considered to be volunteers also. There fore, they will be eligible for free camping and free Volunteer Recognition BBQ supper Saturday night.

CAR STORAGE OVERNITE: We will have a guard hired so we can leave our cars there over night on Friday night and Saturday night.

SPECTATORS: This is not a spectator event, that is, spectators cannot pay to come in. However, drivers can have a large pit crew. Pit crewmembers may get asked to become active volunteers, also.

Anyone that wants to come as a volunteer, let me know and I will get you in.

ALCOHOL is allowed but, OF COURSE it’s not for drivers during the hours of the event. The management of CMSP prefers that it not be around during the day. But, if you non-drivers want a beer be very discrete. Volunteers must not drink during event hours either. The track manager said there has never been a problem there with alcohol and we absolutely will not be the first

KERSHAW is DIRECTLY SOUTH of Charlotte, about 60 miles. Took me exactly one hour to get back to I-485 south of Charlotte straight up hwy 521... But I may have violated some speed limits a little.

Registration is open to all brands of Cobras on a first come basis.

We hope you will come, have fun, and support this event. We look forward to hosting two of these events each year. Hopefully one each year can be held at VIR.

Earl Groce, CobraEarl’s FFR Accessories
Jeff Collins, Whitby Motorcars, Inc.

REGISTRATION FORM

Last edited by Cobraearl; 07-30-2003 at 06:27 PM..
Old 07-10-2003, 08:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR, 302 Carb
Not Ranked     

Thanks for organizing this. MARIAH is not yet ready for Prime Time. But I will be there to Volunteer for the weekend. Looking forward to it!
Old 07-10-2003, 08:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Will try to make this one Earl.
h dog
Old 07-10-2003, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Earl,

Me and the yellow submarines baby brother will be in Kershaw.
We are looking forward to the opportunity to visit with other cobra owners and enthusiasts, have fun, and see what our cars
will do on this really great track. I hope I am not too late in
registering? I will be bringing someone who will "volunteer" to
do what is needed. He wants a cobra badly, so this will be a perfect opportunity to keep recruiting...

See ya in August.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob, You are not TOOOOOO late yet.

Hope to see you there.

347 with a supercharger.... that should do it.

earl
Old 07-11-2003, 08:22 PM
(An All-Around Nice Guy)
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars (sold)
Not Ranked     

Earl,

I put a link at the DSCC forum and on the Atlanta Club forum. I got your email and will respond accordingly.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to Kputz
Not Ranked     

"Up to date Snell rated helmets" means.....what exactly? Are you going with the M rated helmets (ok for autocross or motorcycle events, but taboo under SCCA ratings) or the SA rated helmets with the Nomex linings?
Old 07-14-2003, 10:02 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Kputz

"Up to date Snell rated helmets" means.....what exactly? Are you going with the M rated helmets (ok for autocross or motorcycle events, but taboo under SCCA ratings) or the SA rated helmets with the Nomex linings?
This is a question for our insurance folks... I will get a reading for you in the next few days.

Personally, i think a cobra is as much like a motorcycle as a car.

BUT, the insurance folks RUN THE WORLD.

earl
Old 07-15-2003, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory 5 mk4 445 FE
Not Ranked     

Come on all you guys and gals.. this is a great deal for you...great track, and best of all great friends...
Stoneville,NC

My ex car. Sad to see it go.
http://www.ffcars.com/POM/nov2003pom.JPG
Old 07-16-2003, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via ICQ to DanElam Send a message via AIM to DanElam
Not Ranked     

Typically you just need a Snell M-95 or better helmet for insurance purposes. If people have extra, please try to bring them to share.
Old 07-16-2003, 07:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

THANKS Dan,

It was looking like I was coming up with the same thing. If the track or insurance company tightens up, I will let you guys know. However, it looks like Dan is right about the helmet.

Thanks Again.

earl
Old 07-23-2003, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2229K, Vortech-blown 306 (446rwhp, 442 rwtq)
Not Ranked     

OK Earl... I just faxed my registration! Where are the rest of the Carolina boys? Sounds like it'll be an awesome 2 days!
Old 07-23-2003, 10:19 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Not to hijack here, but the helmet differences are that the "m" helmets are motorcycle helmets and as such are not fire retarded, and the "sa" or special application helmets do have a fire rating. Fire rated helmets are required when driving suits are required, which is in the wheel to wheel racing events, but seldom in the DE drivers ed events..
What are the passing rules in the "A" group ? Are all types of cars allowed ? RacerAl are you going ?
Old 07-23-2003, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Our event requirs Snell 95 or better helmets. SA or M is Ok. A DOT certification only is not good enough,, SNELL 95 or better, guys.

there are no classes that require drivers suits.... however for the Advanced Class, they are reccomended. For the Advanced class, I would HOPE these people also have the SA helmet. but either is allowed.

There will be limited passing allowed in all classes... passing only in restricted areas and ONLY after the car being Passed CLEARS the passer to pass. no Tailgating in the turns either.

After your registration form is received, you will get a More Comprehensive set of information... to include the tech inspection form, the track rules, the event rules, the motels in the area, etc, etc, etc.

What kinds of cars are allowed?? Cobras with roll bars and other cars that would run safely and blend well with cobras.... like corvettes, high powered mustangs, etc. Cars that weigh OVER 2000 Lbs. with 11 lbs per hp or less. NO OPEN WHEEL CARS. ALL roadsters and convertibles must have Real Roll Bars.

The lower powered FFRS are 225 hp and 2250 lbs which figures to 10 lbs per hp. We are sort of using these cars as a base car for the event.

The registration form asks you which class you would be best suited for...... Novice, Intermediate, Advanced, Ladies. We reserve the right to ballance out these classes, if necessary, by judging your experience level, wt/hp, type of car and tires.

BTW, the registration is COMING ON STRONG....

DOWN LOAD THE NEW two page REGISTRATION FORM, read it, and REGISTER NOW!!. You can register by FAX today or THURSDAY and Get the Extra FREE EVENT TEE SHIRT for Registering EARLY. Early Registration ends at end of day, THURSDAY. so you have less than 36 hours to get the extra FREE EVENT TEE Shirt.

earl
Old 07-23-2003, 10:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default FAX REGISTRATION #

REGISTRATION FORM

SEE YOUALL YOUSGUYS there.

Last edited by Cobraearl; 07-24-2003 at 06:39 PM..
Old 07-23-2003, 11:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I have around 3 pounds per hp , but my car does not weigh 2000 lbs. so I'm out and will actually get to spend a weekend not breaking anything !
Old 07-23-2003, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Johan

I have around 3 pounds per hp , but my car does not weigh 2000 lbs. so I'm out and will actually get to spend a weekend not breaking anything !
What is it??? and what DOES it weigh...???

earl
Old 07-23-2003, 02:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Spyderman and I have Lolas. Spydees weighs 1100 lb.s and is powered by a 4 cyl. and does 3gs in a corner. Just about unbeatable on a tight course such as CMP. Not much hp
but it sure does the job. I have two Lola/Chevy T332c/T333c Can Am cars.
They weigh 1675 and 1730 with 610 and 550 hp respectivley, meaning 2.74 and 3.14 pounds per horsepower. They are really peppy out on the track. There are pictures in my gallery. The T332 is the Budweiser Spyder and the T333 is the Sony coupe.
The Sony coupe was the first car ever to have an in-car camera, and I have a copy of the 1979 Laguna Seca Can Am race taken from the car, which I think is really cool.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via AIM to cobramandave
Not Ranked     

Johan,

Why don,t you take the GT 350 or better yet the 94 cup car.
Old 07-24-2003, 02:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory 5 mk4 445 FE
Not Ranked     

Johan.. I just looked at your photo album.. Damn, I'm glad I'm not you.... my brain would explode trying to figure out which one to drive....Man what a stable of nice cars.. \

Earl... I don't think he needs to run yellow tape on his rear bumper
Stoneville,NC

My ex car. Sad to see it go.
http://www.ffcars.com/POM/nov2003pom.JPG