28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2003, 04:49 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR2479K, 351W yellow/black stripes
Not Ranked     
Default Can someone help me with event logo design work?

I'm clueless when it comes to artwork or computer graphics. I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I want to design a logo for the upcoming Cobra Civil War, aka "Blue/Grey" Cobra day.

What I'm looking for is having a sideview of a blue Cobra facing a Grey Cobra, with some kind of Civil War emblem (crossed riffles or something) underneath. Maybe the words "Cobra Civil War" or "Blue Grey Cobra Day" on top.... I don't know whether to use actual photos or drawings. I plan to put it on the registration form and have either t-shirts or glass beer steins made up using the logo.

Can anyone help?

Steve

No, it ain't "real", but it's real fast....

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Waiting to Order a BDR, engine to be a SA C408. TKO to hook it up.
Not Ranked     

when do you need it by ?
Old 07-10-2003, 06:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'd like to get the registration form out within the next 10 days or so, but it could stretch longer if absolutely necessary.

Steve

Some people choose to rattle their windows with stereos and speakers... I choose to rattle windows with my right foot.
Old 07-10-2003, 10:39 AM
GEAR GRINDER CUM LAUDE
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1560 w/ Ford Racing [RDI/AFR/RPM] Alum. 427CI - 575HP & TKO
Not Ranked     

ABSOLUTELY NO PRESSURE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WISH I COULD HELP, BUT TIME ISN'T ON MY SIDE.

TL
Old 07-10-2003, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to mj_duell
Not Ranked     

I can help. How many colors total or does it matter. The reason I am asking is it gets expensive if you are making shirts. If the number of colors does not matter I can have a logo within a day or two (stuck home with the kid for now). I have graphic arts degree and I'm building a A&C kit at the momment (if that helps, lol). Why don't you give me a call. I'll send you a private mail note with my number.

---Mike

Old 07-10-2003, 10:56 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Guess I should have been a little clearer in my asking. Do'h.

I'm looking for something relatively simple, not necessarily wild and crazy. Just something going along with the Civil War theme. I was hoping to get the registration form out 2 months prior to the event, which is going to be Sept. 20th and 21st. I also want to get it to my vendor, so I can have some glass beer steins made up for the event. Mmmmmm....beeeeeer.

Time....time....time.....is on my side....yes it is.....time...time....time...

Steve

Old 07-10-2003, 11:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

No Prob. It will be simple. I just need to know a little more about what you might be looking for in the design. I would like to help out while I have some free time. The forum has been a great help to me. Time to give back.

Old 07-10-2003, 11:14 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mike,
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Gotta run out the door in a bit here, but in summary here is what I had in mind.

A blue Cobra on one side, a grey on the other. I guess you would call it a side view, as the cars are facing each other. Doesn't matter if the cars are actual photographs or drawings. On top of the cars, it would say "Blue vs. Grey Cobra Day" or "Cobra Civil War" (not sure which I like better). Then underneath the cars have some kind of reference to the Civil War. Such as crossed riffles, pictures of soldiers, or something like that. I'm really open to ideas and thoughts, I hadn't had a truely specific design in mind.

I don't want to put them on t-shirts, unless there is lots of demand for it, as I know that screening and colors, etc...get expensive. Like I mentioned, I'll use it on the top of the registration form, and send it to my vendor to print it on glass beer steins which I will sell.

Thanks so much!!!!

Steve

Old 07-10-2003, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm on it. Give me a day or two, maybe even tonight.

---Mike

Old 07-10-2003, 01:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2086, 302/320 HP, Dart heads, hydraulic
Not Ranked     

Steve,

Tshirts and caps are $10-$15 each, 3 colors, 3 week lead, ~25 minimum order. If you give me a count and logo I'll be glad to take care of it.

Jim
Old 07-10-2003, 05:14 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks Jim,
That's roughly the price I'd pay with the vendor I have. I'm thinking about doing t-shirts and things, but I'm not sure if I'd sell them to make it worthwhile. I'm already going to be paying out of pocket to make the beer steins, so don't want to take too much of a gamble. I guess I'll see how many people register for this and go from there. Maybe we can compare vendors and see if yours has better deals.

Steve

Old 07-11-2003, 07:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,

Perhaps you could allow everyone to pre-order/pre-pay them at registration. If not enough sign-up for a run of T-shirts then refund the shirt cost. Turn around is pretty quick for T's.

Jim
Old 07-11-2003, 08:15 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Jim,
I really would love to do t-shirts. I think with the right Civil War emblems combined with Cobras, it would look awesome. I just would be concerned about having to give refunds, etc... I want to try to keep it as simple as possible. I'm already going to order beer steins with an emblem, and pay for those out of pocket (and hope people buy them). Maybe we can find a way to see if there is interest in a t-shirt, or if the initial cost isn't too bad, maybe we can order them. Whadda ya think?

Steve

Old 07-11-2003, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     

Hey Steve,

Can't make the event but I will buy a couple beer steins and a t-shirt once you get things ready. Why not open up your sales to the club and maybe you can offset some of your costs.

I like your idea! Let me know if you are willing to sell to non participants.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"
Old 07-11-2003, 09:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Steve,

Here to help any way I can Steve, if you can get me T-count and logo, I'll float the capital and handle the logistics to get them made (and *REALLY* hope it doesn't rain ).

Jim
Old 07-11-2003, 01:36 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Clois,
Absolutely!!! I intend and hope to open up the sales of any of these items to all ClubCobra members, whether they can attend or not. I'm actually looking to start a small business anyway. I hope to have the images and items available in the next few weeks. I think there a just a few beer drinkers here on the forum.

Jim,
Alright, let's work on it. I don't want to put you out too much. Let's work on it together. I'm waiting for some people to send me some designs, so we can get some ideas. I've seen some real good ones so far. But what do you know about image transfer shirts? Is it cheaper than screening? I'd assume so. There are some designs which I LOVE, but they are complicated and would be real expensive for screen printing. I've got a few things I'd like to make up. I'm already working on the steins.

Steve

Old 07-11-2003, 02:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

If you are still searching for artwork, I would be happy to lend you our graphics department staff. These kids are very creative and able to output top quality material.
Old 07-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Allworld,
I'm always open to input. If they have ideas, shoot it on over. I see you're in Bethesda, MD. Are you going to come to the Civil War and represent the South?

Steve

Old 07-11-2003, 09:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR #42, 425HP 347 - NASA TX, CMC #55 Mustang Road Racer - Legends 37' Chevy Coupe #43 Oval Racer - Honda CRF450R(I'm afraid to race it), 95' Black Lighting Daily Scooter
Not Ranked     

Check out Ryan's gallery. He has done several for the Texas Cobra Club.

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/s...at=500&thumb=1

Here's the most recent one he did:

Boudy

Last edited by Boudy; 07-11-2003 at 09:43 PM..
Old 07-12-2003, 12:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hello Again,
My first draft for the logo/image for Cobra Civil War is in my gallery. klayfish I have sent you an email requesting your e-mail address to send the image and so we can go over ideas.

---Mike