28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2003, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default shelby's $39,995 car

Shelby car $ 39,995.00 You can have it. I would still take my ERA replica car over that car. The only thing I wonder is what engine to you get for 40,000$ grand. If an Aluminium 427 comes with it SIGN me up Rick Lake
Old 08-17-2003, 07:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

If the dealers committed to 75 cars, that is something else all together.
I don't know exactly how the Shelby Dealer body is laid out, but in the past they have shown a collective inaptitude to sell a lot less than that.
I think there are a couple dealers who are doing a bang up job; the others play with a few cars a year. Otherwise we would all know their names.
75 cars leaving the factory is just that, dealers promise and agreement to sell them.
We do it all the time. I have 330 cars and truck on the ground as we speak. The fact that they left the factory doesn't mean they're SOLD.
They are not sold until they are sold. They are now considered inventory. Like 200 -day supply-.

I am not saying Shelby couldn't sell 75 in short order.
If they market it right and the CAV is a good car, they can sell that and then some. Not in two days. NEVER!

There are NOT that many qualified buyers out there, Especially ones that are flush and can buy one without having to sell their existing car.

TURK
Old 08-18-2003, 02:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't own a Cobra. But love them so much, am Chief Operating Office of a company that builds them.
Not Ranked     

Ebay.... wow, what a surreal experience. You can bid on a new CSX roller for $39,995 ( buy it now ) or $150,000 for a Superformance ( buy it now ). Neither reserve has been - or likely will be met.

What a hoot!! I would really hate to roll out my new Cobra with a marketing campaign on Ebay at a bargain basement price and have it fall flat on its face. Sets a scary precedent.

75 cars in a weekend at Monterey reported by "unnamed sources" at SAI? Only ONE bid which didn't meet the reserve from the entire world in the same amount of time on Ebay? Hmmm....doesnt exactly pass the smell test, does it?

This is going to be interesting marketing case study. I can tell you one thing for certain. The product with the best VALUE will ultimately win out in the marketplace. It will be a good thing for the consumer.

Bob Lockett, Chief Operating Officer
PREMIER MotorSports, LLC
Old 08-18-2003, 04:51 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

Ernie,

Thanks! That's kind of ya, Bud!

On the other hand, if that guy on Ebay sells his SPF for $150K or even accepts the one current bid of $100K, well, shoot, I'll let YOU park next to ME!

Lowell
Old 08-18-2003, 05:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Coupe,Blue w/white stripes SB; Roadster, Blue w/white stripes BB w/2-4s; SPF installer/Hot Rod-Custom Car builder
Not Ranked     
Arrow

It's Monday morning and I was just logging in to see how many of the 75 owners of the new Shelby's were members....haven't seen them yet, I think the point was well made by M & M.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey, Where is that SPF car on ebay for $100K. I can't find it, but then again, I can't find my glasses either.

Steve, I don't fault anyone for making a buck off their name, but come on............I'd bet Bill Clinton could do well with his name on condoms, but even he has a sense of class, and won't go to those lengths just to make a buck. And don't gimme that "CS is just trying to do what he can for his Childrens heart fund" I've seen the posting with his reportings to the government as to what happens with that money he collects.

When everything seems to be coming your way...............You might be going the wrong way on a one way street.

Last edited by Dream Master; 08-19-2003 at 07:39 AM..
Old 08-18-2003, 07:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Hi all,

Have watched the story unfold. Like some I find it hard to believe as even with your population base its a hell of a lot of sales in a weekend.

However, you guys know the potential of the weekend and just how much in demand the product is.

I hope to get a look through Shelby American when over for the Run N Gun in October.

With these numbers of orders I would really like to see the assembly line process needed to fill such orders. I would imagine this interest and orders would continue.

I often wonder when reading some of the posts just how many Cobra are in the States - real and others.

A genuine CSX is out of my reach as is a late series CSX4000 or whatever number it is.

I am currently finishing my second car and will drive it knowing that I have built it and whilst it may not be genuine and we all know few are!! I will get the satisfaction

Who starts the number rumours

Like some of you, I am keen to see one person come on and post there details and verify the numbers or a least a few.

Being thousands of miles away we buy magazines such as
Kit Car to give us an indication on what is going on there.

It is reading this magazine that has prompted me to do a tour of a few factories and catch up with some clubs when there for the Run N Gun.

Will be based in LA for the majority of time.

Email me with any suggestions on what to see and do. Any Club events or runs

Email kni-time@bigpond.com

In the meantime its a good story

Cheers guys must go

Bernie

Bernie Knight

Mt. Gambier South Australia
Home of the famous Blue Lake - www.mtgambier.com.au
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 08-18-2003, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default Dream..

Ya Know...You can't take it with you but you can have a real good time spending along the way. When you're gone, you're gone period. People will still remember how CS changed racing history while a few will chuckle about his ethics. It won't make a difference. Cobra's will go on forever. I don't think they will be boycotted because of Shelby being too much of a dealmaker. See what any CSX sells for 10 years from now.
I do think however Clinton would have a hard time getting re-elected or elected to any position short of being a trash novelist. If things get tough for him, the condom thing wouldn't be a bad idea.

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"
Old 08-18-2003, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I spoke to the rep and he wan't forcoming on detailed information about the cars. But at 40k with a 428 and other partrs for a total near 60k. It seems to be a fair deal. The literature indicated steward gauges, vinyl interior but he had a fuel cell and paint. I own a Superformance Cobra and their roller is 37k. For a couple more thousand the CSX would be worth it.
Old 08-18-2003, 10:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham or the Evil Empire. Do kids NEED college?
Not Ranked     

Anyone know anything about the components?

Who makes the body?

Except for where it's built how does this car differ from the L.Vegas cars?

pk

Old 08-18-2003, 03:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello, Where is that $100K Superformance on e-Bay. Anyone, just jump in anytime with the answer.

Doug

Last edited by Dream Master; 08-19-2003 at 07:38 AM..
Old 08-18-2003, 04:01 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

I think it is on e-Bay!

TURK
Old 08-18-2003, 05:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     

[quote]Originally posted by Dream Master

I'd bet Bill Clinton could do well with his name on condoms, but even he has a sense of class, and won't go to those lengths just to make a buck. ]

Dream Master,

I'm sorry, but it's not allowed to use Bill Clinton and the word "class" in the same sentence on this forum.
Old 08-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Now THERES some logical "moderating", ha ha!

Amazing Clinton is stumping for Gray in Calif. Now what does THAT say about Calif. voters?????

Ernie
Old 08-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

It is my understanding that this is not a de-contented car. Very minor changes (one reducing unsprung weight, but not giving up strength).

I'm guessing this is going to have more than a few customers seriously consider -- and perhaps choose a CSX over a _______ (<-- fill in the name of your favorite, similarly priced replica/reproduction).
Old 08-19-2003, 08:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default See Shelby thread

In the hopes of ending all this speculation, I just posted a bunch of information about our new cars in the Shelby manufacturer's thread.
Old 08-19-2003, 10:06 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Heres the link,,,,,,

http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/show...443#post378443

Ernie
Old 08-19-2003, 05:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory 5 mk4 445 FE
Not Ranked     

Hey cowtown cobra.. your little

"What am I missing here, what do you get for $39,950? An FFR with a Shelby ID plate and CSX number? "
Dave

Whats your point?..........If you shelby did use the ffr frame.. at least they would be trying to make it look like a real one.... ...
Stoneville,NC

My ex car. Sad to see it go.
http://www.ffcars.com/POM/nov2003pom.JPG
Old 09-04-2003, 09:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4761, KCR Shelby Alloy 496,760hp
Send a message via AIM to misfit41
Not Ranked     

I sent my deposit on 9/02/03,Bob Marsh called and confirmed my number as CSX4761,they started at CSX4750,and Carroll kept the first build,so the 75 cars is totally untrue,I am number 10 of the sold cars as of this week09/03/03,after research I think the only thing different is the plant in which SAI pays to have them built,and if the SPF is any indication or SA quality ,I think i will be pleased,any way I cant wait to see it.
Tk

"this whole Adult thing just isnt working for me "
Old 09-04-2003, 09:54 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Misfit41,

Congrats. It looks like you will be getting a great car at a great price!

Please keep us informed of your build progress.

Regards,

Keith