Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2016, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #2920 w/ Keith Craft 408
Not Ranked     

oh no...not current wife. Assume he may have had a previous wife "back in the day"? Never looked it up...
Old 06-11-2016, 12:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR 2823 302 supercharged
Not Ranked     

I'm not a fan of sitting at a car show all afternoon but when you see someone's eyes light up when they see a cobra (Original or not) it makes it worth the time. Usually someone wants a picture and my response usually is the car would look better with your wife in it. I usually just invite the ladies to sit in it. I figured they are the ones that need to be convinced to let him buy one. So I'm doing him a favor I think.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #448, 1964-427
Not Ranked     

I love it, at a local Car Show today for a day of fun, sun and cars. A few times a dad and son approach the Cobra with excitement. I always offer to have the little guy or gal have a seat to have their picture taken. They always say yes with a big smile on their faces.
Old 07-11-2016, 08:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

New here and reading this thread (going backwards) and remembered the time I had just moved to Florida. I had a Contemporary Cobra at the time and headed out to meet new friends at the airport. Got in a hangar conversation and we decided to move to a bar in south Daytona to continue. Not the nicest bar and a drunk came up and started spouting off about those fiberglass are sh*t. They are just posers with VW motors, LOL. We continued talking flying and the drunk asks what kind of motors those 'little' airplanes had.
Couldn't help myself...'VW!' I replied

Sold that one and fifteen years later, just bought another. Having too much fun!! !
This one has a bigger motor (no, not a VW) and nicer.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The last couple of years we have enjoys cruise-in's,we enjoy the small caravan rides to and from. Our car gets recognition every time I walk by it parked in the shop which is really all I need.
Old 07-14-2016, 03:26 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Almac Cobra 427R
Not Ranked     

Been invited to do the Leadfoot Festival in Rod Millens back garden in February next year.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Superformance w/392 stroker
Not Ranked     

The Cobra Club de France used a photo of my very own Superformance MkIII on the promotional poster for their annual "Cobra Days" tour this summer.

lovehamr, KevinW, Rog246 and 2 others like this.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:48 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

A friend of my sister found out I had a cobra. She asked if I would surprise her husband for his birthday and give him a ride. It is his favorite car since he was a kid and always wanted to sit in one.

I took him for a spirited drive after the big reveal and when we got back he and his wife must have thanked and hugged me a dozen times. Never met them before, now we are friends.

Very rewarding and a great part of owning a cobra.
mate, lovehamr and MCoop like this.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance , Roush 427SR dyno'd at 526 hp
Not Ranked     

I was recently at a car show with my car. 2 young ladies stopped in front of the car and one said to the other"You would really have to be ugly to not pick up girls in that car". That was the ultimate compliment for an old fart like me
Rog246 likes this.
Old 10-03-2016, 09:17 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast, 460 CID
Not Ranked     

I was recently at a local Show & Shine. At the event was an odd couple. He looked early-mid 40s, moustache, shirt unbuttoned half way to his waist - looked like an cliché of old-fashioned lounge singer. She was young (early 20s), tall, attractive, blonde and very well put together. She was wearing a one-piece outfit with a top that hid little and a short skirt that did a fine job of displaying her legs.

I engaged in some small talk with her boyfriend (?) in front of the Cobra, and I was able to get a few glances at her as she walked around and looked at the car. When she re-joined us at the front of the car she cooed "I love side pipes".

Oh my...
Old 10-03-2016, 09:41 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPO 963, 351W
Not Ranked     

I drove mine yesterday and smiled. That's all the recognition that my car needs.

Last edited by Antny; 10-03-2016 at 01:42 PM..
Old 10-03-2016, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK4
Not Ranked     

I've been extremely busy that last six weeks with moving and meeting with the builder and architect designing our new home so I haven't been able to take the car out lately. Last Wednesday, I decided that Thursday was going to be a nice day (after watching the 5 o'clock weather) so I drove the car down and filled it up with gas with the intention of driving it to work on Thursday. While I was filling up with gas, a red Mazda 3 pulled over off the highway and a young lady and her 8 year old some came over and started to drool. She said that she has always loved these cars and wanted to take pictures. I said sure and asked her if she wanted to take photos of her and her son in the car - she did of course. She then said that her husband was going to be so jealous. I asked her were she lived and she said just a couple miles down the road. I told her that if she wanted I could take her son in the car and follow her home where I could give her and her husband a ride. Her eyes lit up. So I followed her home and gave her a ride of her life as soon as we got rid of her son. When we got back, her husband came out of the house and I noticed that he walked with a limp. I also noticed on one of their cars a purple heart license plate. During his ride I asked if he was military (since we live next to Hill Field Air Force Base) and he said that he is disabled purple heart Army Ranger. When we got back he was so appreciative that he invited me and my wife out to dinner with him and his wife and he said that they would pay. Well we went to dinner this past weekend and I paid and told him that that was the least I could do to help repay him for his service. What a great night I had!!!
lal Naja, lovehamr, mptech and 2 others like this.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Looking as nasty as a mean Cobra can look, twice in one day I was asked if it was an MG..... with the Cobra emblem looking at them right in the face. Lol. I'd rather they asked "what is it"? like most non-car people. Once I fired it up I asked them where the nearest MG was that sounded like this? I love it when they jump back.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SP0703 Ford 460 CJ
Not Ranked     

I was picking up my son from soccer practice. A soccer mom and her two daughters were walking by me and my Cobra. She commented "Oh, that is a pretty little blue sports car." I thanked her and then started the Cobra up. The terrified look on her face from the roar of the engine was priceless.
Millsy likes this.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:49 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, LS3
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoop View Post
I was picking up my son from soccer practice. A soccer mom and her two daughters were walking by me and my Cobra. She commented "Oh, that is a pretty little blue sports car." I thanked her and then started the Cobra up. The terrified look on her face from the roar of the engine was priceless.
Nice, i Coach my sons coach pitch baseball team and i pulled up for a game 30 minutes early and another team was practicing and the kids and coaches come over yelling nice car. 2 of their coaches talked to me for a half hour and finally i was like "Guys it was awesome talking to you but my team is about to start the game without me".
The best was last week downtown, i had it in 2nd gear at about 5,000 rpm and a kid and his buddy go to turn around to see whats coming their way and one of the kids trips and goes head over heels, my wife was laughing hysterically. The worst is when you are driving like 25-30mph and some old dude yells at me to slow down, just because the car is screaming loud doesnt mean im speeding, but usually i am lol.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:50 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA #2064 BOSS 302 CSX2047 sold
Not Ranked     

I was in the parking lot of a tire store when a very well dressed older lady
approached the car. She looked the car over for a moment and asked what
it was. I told her it was a replica of a 1960s Cobra and she said she didn't
remember them. When I said they only made 1100 of them so there were
never many around, she quietly looked the car over again, looked up at me
and said "they didn't make enough of them." Then she walked away.
MCoop and ACHiPo like this.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:38 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

When my son was in High School, I was waiting in the school parking lot to bring him home at the end of the day. A group a young girls walked by and one of the said loudly... "nice car... will you be my dad?" I quickly answered.... "Depends what Mom looks like"....

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 05-18-2017, 12:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKIII, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam
Not Ranked     

You guys mind if I brag a little?

Now technically, my brother won for his car (the yellow one). I built both and they are very similar when it comes to bling so I took these of my car because it was the test bed for a lot of ideas.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Pace 427SC. LSA Supercharged with 6sp TR-6060 trans.
Not Ranked     

My Cobra is currently sitting in number one position in the American cars section of the 2017 Shannons Show and Shine.

And yes, I KNOW the steering wheel is on the wrong side!

If you like what you see, please feel free to vote for her! Only takes a second to sign up, you won't be bombarded with spam and it's totally free. FYI, you have to sign up, not just 'sign in' with Facebook for it to work.

Thanks in advance!
Sime

https://www.shannons.com.au/club/sho...-427sc-shelby/

Rog246, leroy17 and Volante1 like this.
Old 05-23-2017, 07:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Cobra RT3, Roush 427R Crate Engine, Tremec 6-Speed Transmission
Not Ranked     

I was in the check-out line at Sportsman Warehouse with a Philippine family just behind me. I asked how the 'little buddy' was and he did not respond. Turned out he was a severely handicapped boy just 3 feet tall and 18 years old, probably weighed no more than 40 pounds. His parents explained his situation. I left the store and pulled my Cobra right in front of the store as the Philippine family exited. The young man was all eyes. I met the family and asked if the young man would like to sit in my Cobra. Mom and Dad were so thankful. I lifted the young man into the drivers seat and a crowd gathered to see his smile. Phone cameras were ablaze to capture the unique moment of a wonderful young man enjoying a dream come true. Not a dry eye in the gallery, me included. True story. Phil