21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree133Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2004, 08:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics (B&B) Cobra, 408W, Roush Heads, Demon Carb, Comp Cam, Tremec Z-Spec T5, 9" Auburn Rear
Not Ranked     

I've had fathers ask if I could take their kids for rides..
Crowds gathered around my car after coming out of a coffee shop.
Women scream "Nice car!" at the top of their lungs as I drive by..
People stop at GREEN lights to stare at my car in the next lane...
People wait for me to get to the car so they can talk to me about it...
People take pictures of it...
Thumbs up and "nice car" from Chevy drivers, kids in Mustangs you name it...
Sometimes I'm feeling anti-social and the attention is flat out too much.
NEVER, EVER had a derogatory comment.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Harley-Davidson of Glendale had a "Hot Rod and Custom Bike" show this weekend, and I entered my Cobra in the Hot Rod Show. It was a beautiful day, temperature in the 70's, with a Harley gear and clothing sale, a bake sale with lots of home-made goodies, a burger fry, and a live rock band to boot! The Hot Rods and Custom Bikes were judged, First and Second place, by "People's Choices". I had spent a few hours the previous week polishing the polished Trigo wheels, the Aluma-coated sidepipes, and all the aluminium that I have in the engine compartment and nose of the Cobra.
There were a lot of compliments on my Cobra; met one man who owned CSX 2010 many years ago! (Turns out to be one of Lynn Park's Cobras!!!) A lot of people (guys AND gals) said a Cobra was their dream car!!! I guess it helped that I had a lot of my Harley-ridin' friends there, but the results were in.................
"BEST IN SHOW" for my lil' Car Wonder!!! Received a nice little marble obelisk trophy for my garage! A GREAT weekend!!!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics (B&B) Cobra, 408W, Roush Heads, Demon Carb, Comp Cam, Tremec Z-Spec T5, 9" Auburn Rear
Not Ranked     

Congrats Edley! Post pics!!
Old 03-09-2004, 07:13 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra weber fuel injected 557 C.I.. 800H.P 760LBS. TQ. Magnum T56
Send a message via AIM to MAXVELO
Not Ranked     
Default sunday drive

Took my car to the gas station late eve. ( understand in New Mexico you never see a Cobra) I was ther for 20 minutes answering questions. Some kids in there lowrider got out of the car to see what the hell it was! One guy walked accross the front and bent over and looked in the (mouth) front and said "Damn, Its a real one!" Not sure what tipped him off but he convinced everyone else it was. They asked me how much it was worth. I said, "I'm not sure, My Grandfather left it for me in his will"!
Another one told me his Brother had the same wheels on a Mustang (whatever) They are so stupid they just reak it! You can tell them anything . I love screwing with them. Of course, I choose wich ones get the truth and wich ones dont.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Some young, goateed-faced young man decided to throw me some revs today with his primer-black, '65 Chevelle 2DR sedan. This happened while we were cruisin' thru the back roads, doing about 30 MPH. (I had seen him coming up behind me, so I was sorta waiting for him.) I was still in second gear when he revved me, so I partially depressed the clutch, revved up the 351W in the Car Wonder, dumped the clutch while he was still in mid rev, and absolutely BOLTED away from him for about 100 feet. I saw him in my rear view mirror, and he was not wanting to come anywhere near me. We pulled up to the stoplight, and he just gave a little "bad-lost-puppy" look about him. Ah, the youth of today!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 03-15-2004, 06:24 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast Cobra weber fuel injected 557 C.I.. 800H.P 760LBS. TQ. Magnum T56
Not Ranked     
Default FLASHER!!

Was giving my Uncle a ride, heading down the freeway yesterday (saturday) and saw a biker (Harley) coming up behind me pretty fast. When he got close he pulled along side and gave the thumbs up. His passenger gave the +i+$ up. They sure looked funny going 60+ MPH. None the less they were both proud of them and I (we) could see why!
Old 03-29-2004, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Cruised out to Malibu Saturday. Parked in front of "Zuma Jay's" Surfboards, on Pacific Coast Highway, (PCH) across the street from a "La Salsa" Restaurant where we had a bit of nosh. The owner of Zuma Jay's came out with his camera, and took pictures of our two Cobras, and was commenting on how beautiful they were.
He apparently called his friend at home, who then brought his clean '62 Corvette convertible over to Zuma Jay's, and they took more pictures of the three cars out in front of the surfboard shop. The owner said it was an honor to have ONE Cobra in front of his shop, much less TWO of 'em!!!
(We shoulda made him buy our lunches as payment for parking in front of his shop!)
A beautiful day to cruise up the coast here in California.

Old 03-30-2004, 01:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by jopper

The first comment I got that really set me back was when I was stopped in traffic and a guy on a bicycle asks me "is your penis really that small".
Why, your a$$ that tight?
Old 03-30-2004, 01:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters 351 Windsor 405 HP
Not Ranked     

Our UPS guy has been delivering stuff for the car for over a year now. The car is now finished and last week he delivered a package that was obviously a large book,it was in fact a catolog I had ordered and forgot about, So I said what's that? He replied probably the instruction manual for assembling your car. Funny man!!!
Old 04-05-2004, 07:40 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

This past Saturday, after leaving the Tri-County Cobra lunch at Hudson's in Ventura (thanks, John Wais!) I went cruisin' down Pacifid Coast Highway (PCH) into Malibu. Now, its'a pretty nice day, the sun shining, etc, and there was a fair amount of traffic, both north and southbound on PCH.
I see a silver Z06 'Vette goin' north as I was headin' south. I didnt really acknowledge him because, as we all know, Z06's are hardly rare, especially here in L.A!
Sure enough, a few minutes later, here comes that same Z06 on my right side, revvin' his engine, and makin' little acceleration bursts with his car. Remember, we are in traffic, and I have a blue Honda Accord not 50 feet in front of me, and he has an SUV about 100 feet ahead of him.

The driver of the Z06 is a middle-aged man, mostly "salt" in his "salt-and-pepper" hair, and his buddy in the passenger seat is older and grayer as well.

I am still ignoring this guy, and not bite onto his "Let's race" antics. I mean, there is still TOO MUCH TRAFFIC!

As we motor down PCH, I see one of the signals up ahead start flashing the "Dont Walk" sign. I start to drive a little slower, hoping to catch the red light. It was at an uninhabited section of PCH, and I had about enough of this guy, and I was gonna run his hissy-exhaust-sounding 'Vette, just to see what happens.

Well, he isnt paying a lot of attention to my actions, and he ends up accelerating thru the yellow light that I was slowing down for. Now I dont know exactly what he was thinking, (nor do I care, really), but I THINK he saw the about-to-change light, and didnt want to risk losing to my Cobra in front of his friend. I guess we will never know the truth of the matter.

I think he lost his nerve. Pathetic, really.

Old 04-06-2004, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Default ZO6

his actions speak LOUD. WHAT DI YOU EXPECT FROM A CHEVY?
Old 04-06-2004, 05:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Talking Ricer recognition.

Even rice-racers revere the Cobra. The shop where I had my Cobra painted also painted lots on these new ricers with ground-effects, spoilers and fancy graphics. You all know the ones with chrome coffee can size exhaust tips that sound like a pi$$ed off bumble bee.
Anyway, as my car was being moved into another part of the shop a crowd of these young ricers were about. The sound of the car caught their attention and as the car was being pulled in to the shop the tires would spin every time cam loped. They all practically fell on their knees in reverence to the Cobra.

One more…
I had to laugh the first time I saw a near-toothless old driver of a beat-up Ford truck slowing down while given me the ‘thumbs-up’ and displaying his one-good tooth. I sure miss grandpa….
Old 04-06-2004, 10:27 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF
Send a message via AIM to Tinker51
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Not really the car, but it was recognition.

So I am driving home from the BACC breakfast the other day. I am travelling down a fairly long straight wide stretch of city street when this dweeb in a rice rocket complete with the shopping cart wing and fart cannon muffler pulls up along side and starts popping the throttle trying to get me to race him for quite a while. Directly behind me is a lady driving some small wagon. After dweeb boy gives up (I was not about to get goaded into a race) the lady pulls up next to me at the next light and thanks me for not racing.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Midstates,SBF 357
Not Ranked     

Thumbs up from kids as you drive by, the fact that they know what a cobra is.
Old 04-07-2004, 07:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 40th Anniv 289 #16
Not Ranked     

I picked up csx8004 from XK's Unlimited in San Luis Obispo CA on March 8. I left their shop and went down the street to gas up for the 4 hr drive home. A lady at the gas station said "beautiful car". I said thank you. "Is it a Cobra?" Yes. "How long have you had it?" About 20 minutes. She gave me a smirky smile that said "OK wise guy". Sometimes telling the weird truth is funny.
Old 04-09-2004, 07:07 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

At the Charlotte Auto Fair :

Two guys walk up and ask a very well known Cobra aficionado :
"Is is real ?" Looking at his Beautiful ERA.

His answer: " Can you see it ?? If you can, it must be real !!!..... "

I'm chuckling at this time

But he was gracious and he continues : " What you really mean to ask , it is Original ?......." and he then gave them the story on the Car.

Very well done .
Old 04-12-2004, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Went out to Palm Springs for lunch Saturday. I like going to the "Kickstand Cafe" , which is the type of bar/grille that has an old Indian motorcycle bolted near the top of the wall, hanging out over the sidewalk. Also, the waitresses are usually the "Large-Breasted-Mattress-Thrasher" types!

The temperature was in the low 90's in PS, and the Kickstand has those all-important misters spraying that cool, refreshing mist that makes the desert livable. Plus, the dining patio is up on the second floor, offering great vistas of the scantily-clad ladies window-shopping on Palm Canyon Drive.

The Kickstand has the usual menu of burgers, salads, chicken-breast sandwiches etc, so I ordered up mu favorite: a Cobb salad, less the bleu cheese crumbles and less the mushrooms, but with extra bacon bits.

I finished my meal, paid the tab, then walked downstairs to the Cobra parked just across the street from the Kickstand. I hopped in the Cobra, and was putting on the belts, when I noticed two older couples watching my every move with a keen eye. I glanced over their direction, and smiled at the foursome, each couple in matching Hawaiian shirts.

One of the wives mentioned that they were standing there and waiting for me to start the Cobra , so they could hear the rumble of the exhaust coming out of the sidepipes. I obliged, the Cobra fired instantly, and settled into a deep, gutteral, almost prehistoric rumble. I glanced over at these four people, and they were all smiling, and nodding their heads, and saying that they loved the sound that emanated from the car. I nodded, smiled back, wished them a great weekend, waited for a break in the traffic, and rumbled down the road.

A beautiful day. Good food, cute waitresses, great weather, and a Cobra.

Old 04-12-2004, 10:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

Edley

Great to see that recognition. Had a similiar experience whilst dining.

However these two leggy young ladies decided to lean all over my car taking photographs of each other. They drew some real interest.

I headed down paid by bill for lunch and hurried across the road. To late they were gone. They didn't wait for me >>>>>>

Now I was only going to offer to take a photograph of both of them.

Bernie
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 04-13-2004, 10:00 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, 427
Not Ranked     
Smile

A big thumbs up by the neighborhood kids...then they all line up for rides!

Funny thing...so do their dads!

David
"Fear is the thief of dreams."
Old 04-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: F5 Roadster
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Sunny Day !

Easter Sunday was just beautiful here,record 80* temp. I cruised out the valley to a charity show n shine. Lots of great rides and rods, lots of nice comments about my ghostflames. I took 1st place in the race car class. It's nice to get good comments from the rodding crowd as they have a different perspective of cobra's.
Perry.