23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2003, 08:18 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

..............if you have a kirkham car with kirkham parts you have no problems.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX Cars
Not Ranked     

My car has been working great, it even has a big block.

Allan
Old 12-23-2003, 09:51 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

No problems here either.
Old 12-23-2003, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold 3047 & 3002 in 2012
Not Ranked     
Default As I said...

The Shelby A-Arms will be OK for 99% of the street guys
and those that roll on and off the trailer in order to avoid those velvet ropes

www.competitionlife.com

"Hurry Up And Live"
Old 12-23-2003, 01:08 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4000, 427
Not Ranked     

Guys, a CSX7000 car has the transverse leaf suspension, different from the CSX4000 cars. I don't think that many parts are interchangeable.
"After jumping into an early lead, Miles pitted for no reason. He let the entire field go by before re-entering the race. The crowd was jumping up and down as he stunned the Chevrolet drivers by easily passing the entire field to finish second behind MacDonald's other team Cobra. The Corvette people were completely demoralized."
Old 12-23-2003, 02:32 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by southernfriedcj

Me upper arms on KMP230 are billet, me lower arms ain't. What gives? Is I is or is I ain't got a problem?
SFCJ, same as mine BTW.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyCollector

kmp230 is already a historical item useful for reference purposes in tracing Kirkham history. Hope you have preserved it well so far and haven't worn out those suspension pieces with too many miles.

Mike when I get around to gettin' KMP230 on the road(as soon as I have a free afternoon, I'll need a couple hours of driving after puttin' in the powertrain) I'll head on up to the other side of the tracks and button up your car for ya.
If you keep inviting all your runnin' buddies over that thing would be done by now! At the rate your goin' my CJ8 will be on the road before you're done. I certainly hope your control arms don't fail, that 48 month warranty will expire any day now.

(I got a million of 'em, I'll stop now)
Old 12-23-2003, 03:22 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

SFCJ,

Better get those barbs in now. I think my neighborhood is gonna hear what a real Santa's sleigh sounds like on XMAS morning. I was able to slip each of my side pipes through the fenders today. Sooo close, just some real exact trimming is needed, I am now at the do not take too much off point in making the holes. Plan for quick fire up XMAS AM. On the road before New Years.

Old 12-23-2003, 04:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX Cars
Not Ranked     

Anthony,

I believe that the 289 and the 427 have the same control arms, except for some small brackets.

TC and others your arms look good but then again they are in a car without motors

Have a Good Holiday

Allan
Old 12-23-2003, 06:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Allan, happy holidays. I am one up on SFCJ, I have a motor that just needs the pipes finished, Waterwetter, and ignition.

SouthernFried is probably still figuring out where to insert the 4x4 transfer case into his driveline.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:21 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyCollector

SouthernFried is probably still figuring out where to insert the 4x4 transfer case into his driveline.
Actually, I had a Dana 300 bolted in but I only had 1/4" of ground clearance. The the rear drive shaft was only 1" long!
I had an Audi Quatro motif goin'. I would've had the only AMC powered Fake1 on the planet.

Did you get the pic I attempted to email?
Old 12-26-2003, 05:27 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

allan a
the csx4000 and 7000 are totally different suspensions.........
Old 12-26-2003, 06:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 SC
Send a message via AIM to Specialk Send a message via Skype™ to Specialk
Not Ranked     

What Allan said is accurate.
Old 12-26-2003, 07:47 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by southernfriedcj

Did you get the pic I attempted to email?
Yes, how it is a digital black and white pic is a story in itself I am sure . I cannot colorize black and white without making it look like graffitti--I'd be more than happy to BTW.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mike, I've only had the camera(digital video) for about a year and a half. On Christmas day I finally figured out that when it's set on "M", the pics are B&W, when it's set on "A", the pics are color. Go figure.
Any way, I've mastered the art of emailing pics, now I need to learn how to post pics and videos.

I bet you loved it when Ted Turner colorized all those classic movies!
Old 12-26-2003, 08:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Go work on your car, will yah?
Old 12-26-2003, 09:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hello to you all,

I must state that the issues with 700?'s car that have been pointed out on several threads and posts over the course of the past few months have not been seen on any other 7000 or 8000 vehicle produced by SAI.

The 7000 and 8000 suspension systems are identicle in design and manufacture, the 3000 and 4000 share very little if any hardware or design with either.

The vehicle in mention was the same vehicle that was returned to Kirkham and subsuquantly to Poland due to body issues several months ago.

1. The car was sold as a component roller which requires final assembly and inspection by an independant Shelby dealer, qualified builder or customer.

2. This particular vehicle was sent to Poland after delivery by SAI to the customer (shipping back to Kirkham covered by SAI), dismantled, repaired (in Poland) and returned to the customer at no expense (this is not intended to shift blame).

3. SAI requested the vehicle be returned to our plant for re-inspection in order to insure proper installation procedures were still in place prior to completion by the customer (freight to be covered by SAI), the request was denied by the customer.

4. SAI offered to have the vehicle returned by our courier at no cost to the customer after the suspension issues were found by the customer, the customer denied the request.

5. Our last request to the customer was to have the components returned to be inspected and replaced at no cost.

6. SAI has built, track and road tested over 50 of the 289 units with no failure due to design or build specifications.

7. The design is identical to the original design that was the suspension of the World Champion 289 Cobra in 1965.

I do not mean to say that we are perfect in our assembly, the car is assembled by humans and they can make mistakes from time to time, however I can state that this particular car and customer have been through a rare set of circumstances. If the Kirkham suspension has made the customer happy, we will speak to the Kirkhams and see what we can do to help compensate him on his cost of the components.

R Brent Fenimore

Last edited by brentfenimore; 12-26-2003 at 11:22 PM..
Old 12-27-2003, 08:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Why do I think, this is an issue that is more than a defective component and a customer who wants satisfaction? I am beginning to believe others are fueling his dissatisfaction.
There are agendas at play.

How bad can this car be that it had to go all the way back to Poland to get corrected?

Brent, none of my busines, but there are instances a manufacturer is better of buying a car back and reselling it after it is all taken care of.

GM does it, not because the car was a turd, but they reach a poiint where they are absolutely sure a particular customer can NOT be satisfied.

Had you have bought this car back and made it right and then resold it, the amount of money lost may have been less than spent so far by Shelby and Kirkhams.

I doubt it that the customer is happy at this point either.

TURK
Old 12-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I believe this is an issue of manufacturer infighting. I know that when similar issues were presented with our CSX, Bob Marsh, Brent and Gary Davis immediately addressed each issue in question and thoroughly examined the car BEYOND my satisfaction.
I think Turk's solution about the dealer buy back would provide an equitable solution/remedy to ill feelings that will compound rather than resolve.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-27-2003, 03:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

CSX700?,

I have to agree with the last two posts and have been considering this step for the past few months. I do not think you will ever be satisfied with the 7000 series vehicle and regrettably must make the following offer.

SAI is willing to buy back the 289 FIA for the money you have invested so you can purchase a Kirkham version of the vehicle in question on an immediate basis.

This is not an issue that should be discussed in detail on the web so please contact me directly through Bob Marsh to discuss the details at your convenience.

R Brent Fenimore

Last edited by brentfenimore; 12-27-2003 at 03:23 PM..
Closed Thread