Kirkham Motorsports

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2003, 03:32 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Nice move Brent. Now if he rejects your earnest offer it can never be said that Shelby American didn't provide every fathomable solution to resolve this matter. Please keep us posted on his decision.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-27-2003, 09:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

CSX700?/John:

Take the money and run, don't walk, to ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2451265448

For the money you have in the roller, you could put together a whole car. However, there won't be any grommets in the pedals.

I'm no expert.
Old 12-28-2003, 09:44 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

brent
first i would like to thank you for your offer to buy this car back, your about a year late since i made this offer to you. i will take your posts to this forum as a poor attempt by "sai" to save face on this vehicle. the many issues and that have come up with this vehicle have always been dealt with half heartedly given the commitment made by the customer to purchase what should be the finest vehicle available. when the issue with the body was brought up it was dealt with by "sai" and kirkham was used as both the scapegoat ( i did not buy this car from kirkham ). you said that "sai" should have inspected the vehicle after the repairs were made and from my understanding of what you are trying say is that you were not given the chance? where in the hell do you think i picked the vehicle up from utah?? as for returning the vehicle to "sai" after the fact to have "sai" reinspect and perform the needed repair i can only say given the poor quality and time frames / deadlines experienced by me during this project (in my own opinion as a profesional mechanic) i had no other choice but to decline this offer as i would have been second guessing the quality of the completed work again (in my own opinion as a profesional mechanic). i must further say that in no paperwork, emails or converstions with "sai" or it's dealer was i informed that the vehicle needed to be dissassembled and reassembled and to be inspected by "sai" or their dealer upon completion. brent could you please provide me with this paperwork? as for returning the suspension components to "sai" for repair / replacement i can only say that i have emailed bob marsh, gary patterson, kris kinkaid and my dealer with photos of the components and at this time these parts need to be in my control. as for the offer of reimbursement for the cost of purchasing the kirkham components i will accept this and would further accept any offers to purchase ALL of the "sai" supplied parts that were not used and replaced to complete this project. as for being happy with my purchase from "sai" i can only say the quote "you get what you pay for" does not always apply. as for being happy with my car now i can say YES, thank you kirkhams.

Last edited by csx700?; 12-28-2003 at 10:04 AM..
Old 12-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Wink

CSX700,
By your response, I believe that you are refusing the buy back offer? If indeed this is the case, then the case is CLOSED and further bashing will be inappropriate. You have it in print, on a public forum, that a bona fide resolution was presented.
Enjoy your CSX.

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-28-2003, 12:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

I agree Dan - at this time this guy is playing Shelby against Kirkham. Time for this crappy thread to end.
Old 12-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

pat & dan
obviously you guys don't read i made this offer a long time ago and they (sai) refused. now that i have invested a lot of money into making this a better (in my own opinion as a profesional mechanic) product they are (sai) wanting to step up to the plate and do something i already suggested before investing more money into it, do you think "sai" is going to reimburse me for all the parts time and effort too? pat your one to talk this is exactly why i emailed you photos as proof as to the kind of problems that are going on, did you not look at the photos i emailed you?? as for semko i know who's butt he kisses.....

p.s. do you honestly think i would have spent this much money on "sai's" product just to make "sai" and carrol shelby look bad and me to look like a fool for buying it?

Last edited by csx700?; 12-28-2003 at 01:30 PM..
Old 12-28-2003, 01:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Since everyone else is throwing in their opinion, I'll throw in mine. I think csx700? paid his money and he has the right to state his opinion on his purchasing experience. It seems to me there are always three sides to a story, and we've had two of them presented in this forum.
Sometimes, when things get to a certain point, neither the manufacturer or the purchaser will be satisfied. As a homebuilder, I have gotten to this point with homebuyers on two occasions(out of several hundred homes), one refused the refund of their easnest money and changed into a happy customer, the other refused a buyback on the house, and after a major meeting(4 folks from my company, 4 subcontractors, and a couple suppliers) seem to be satisfied with their home.
I wish the best to the parties involved, because when things go this far, nobody is satisfied with the outcome.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:56 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

CSX700,
Let's get something straight, I don't kiss anyones butt and since I happen to own cars from TWO reputable manufacturers (TWO from each) who have always resolved every question or problem that I've encountered, I have just cause to question your motives. You state that you're a professional mechanic that managed to pay not the typical deposit required by most dealers, but the entire vehicle's cost....without question? A mild cerebral infarct or maybe too much time working on running vehicles with the garage door down?
Consider this: maybe it's not the car that has caused the disparity but rather the owners approach! Look, I wish you well with your car and hope that you get the enjoyment that you expected when you initiated the purchase but I know Bob Marsh, Gary Patterson, Kris Kinkaid, Gary Davis and several other Shelby employees that have gone well beyond the call of duty to make owners happy and to resolve problems. It's interesting that out of all the CSX owners, YOU never found resolution.

Old 12-28-2003, 02:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX Cars
Not Ranked     

I will not get into all of the bull here, but I would like to say that the same people that Dan mentioned have provided us with a great experience. Our two cars have been great. Would I buy another car from SAI hell yes!

Allan
Old 12-28-2003, 02:43 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hey guys
you just figured out the problem of why i can't get anywhere with "sai" and you can.

ANSWER: YOU HAVE TO SPEND MORE MONEY THAN I DID !!

thank you southerfriedcj for understanding where i'm coming from in this post. as for other "csx" owners or dealers past and present i have heard many stories about the product (after the fact). and since i never will and never did refer to these people or stories i will leave it at that. i do know how i've been treated and the product i have though! semko i'll stack my abilities and knowledge of the product against yours anytime.
Old 12-28-2003, 02:48 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

CSX700?

Consider this: I've had TWO CSX's during the same period that you're still trying to resolve your issues with your first car.

"semko i'll stack my abilities and knowledge of the product against yours anytime."

It sounds like you are quite capable.
Keep your daytime job!

Old 12-28-2003, 02:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Quote:
....do you honestly think i would have spent this much money on "sai's" product just to make "sai" and carrol shelby look bad and me to look like a fool for buying it
Well, you managed to do one of them rather well.

If you don't think some of the CSX owners will sit back and watch you endlessly bash the company that provided our cars without a reaction, you are mistaken.

We have read about your car for a long time. Only car that I know of, that had to go back to Poland for a makeover. How bad can that car be?

I have watched Bob Marsh and others try to satisfy your expectations. They were not met.

Finally Brent offers to buy the car back , that is not good enough.

They DON'T have to buy the car back. Read your warranty papers!
Since they offered to, now you want compensation for all your expenses. If they were to say yes to that, you would more than likely ask for additonal compensation for "PAIN and SUFFERING".

Where does it all end.?
What exactly did you expect when you bought a custom built car?
This is NOT a Toyota Corolla.

No two are alike.!!

If you sling enough mud, you will eventually get some on yourself as well as on Kirkhams.
If you think attacks on Shelby is geting this reaction, wait until some perceive you as attacking the Kirkhams for being the supplier of this car.

If you were my customer, I would refund ALL your money just to see if there was any way I could make you happy. It is a challenge, but well worth the effort.

Enough already.. DO you think the rest of us are driving cars that are perfect? Every other thread on this forum is about fixing this and fixing that.
Welcome to Cobra ownership.
Quit you bithching unless there was something particulary wrong with the engraving on the CSX plaque.

Others have said it before, that there is not a whole lot difference between a Shelby and a Kirkham except for the badge.

TURK
A HAPPY Shelby owner. TWICE!!

Last edited by Turk; 12-28-2003 at 02:59 PM..
Old 12-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

semko
your totally correct i'm still having issues with my car only there not assembly issues they are quality issues (in my opinion as a profesional mechanic). by the way semko who did you have put your cars together "sai"?

p.s. thanks to all the people that have emailed me for their comments on this issue and their support.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

I did look at the pictures - what I don't know is who assembled the car finally.

I am by no means an expert on the 7000 so I really shouldn't comment on what I was looking at - but unless the bushing was in the wrong place or something I would say I was looking at something that is basically a cosmetic issue.

Did someone other than Shelby take the suspension apart and reassemble it?

Believe me I feel for you in the sense that a purchase like this should be nothing but pleasure - and it appears that you experienced everything but that...but there comes a time when you need to get on with the pleasure part and you seem, at this point, to be out to prove a point.

By the way - did I see that the body had to be replaced? Why? Did that get done?
Old 12-28-2003, 03:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

I assume that SAI sells the cars that it sources from other manufacturers at a premium. One would have hoped that some of that premium goes toward a thorough inspection by SAI before the car goes off to the buyer. Of course every manufacturer has some great products and some products that occasionally are not made to the correct specs. However, if I was paying a premium for a car with a Shelby name, I would expect that that car had been gone over with a fine tooth comb and that it meet the design specs. Otherwise, what real value is given for the "Shelby premium"?

I'm no expert.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Until now I thought it was just the CSX number we were accused of having paid "$20,000" or so for.

That seems to work fine. It is just held with 4 screws or rivets.

In reality the cost of that plaque may be closer to $2,000 or maybe even free.

TURK
Old 12-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

i was told that if i continued "bashing sai" as you bunch of "gasholes" put it, that you would react this way. i'm glad you had good experiences with your purchases, should't i have the same? i understand the "one off" or "everyone is different" concept. i'm sorry that this thread is not on your agenda either, but then again no one is forcing you to read it either. this forum i believe is a way for others to gain information and knowledge good or bad. please people if your going to read one side of the story read both. i would be more than happy to scan or forward emails (with photos) from "sai" to myself and from me to "sai" to help clue in some of the clueless. i welcome the thought of being refunded money from "sai" (bob or brent you have my phone number) as a matter of fact my dealer and bob marsh and i sat down at the historics in monterey and had just such a meeting, they offered me a discount of 2500.00 on a 7500.00 + paint job. this was before i discovered the suspension problems. there's a lot of people talking on this thread against me that do not have all the information needed to come to their conclusions. they think that "sai" has gone over and above what they should have done and done this in a timely manner. sorry i don't agree.

p.s. look at the post "turk" above and you'll understand what i'm talking about.

Last edited by csx700?; 12-28-2003 at 03:38 PM..
Old 12-28-2003, 03:47 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

CSX700?
I'm not speaking "against you" but truly understand your frustrations. I realize that these frustrations will worsen with each and every problem which are typical cobra nuances. I experienced similar problems with a Mercedes that was significantly more expensive than the CSX and in the end, dumped the car, at a loss, in frustration. You have a solution at your finger tips that might prevent a similar fate. It doesn't matter what marque one owns here because we're all part of the cobra family. Brent has provided an avenue to reslove your problems. Before you make a decision, give them a call and give them a chance. What happened yesterday is history, what happens tomorrow, is the future. You appear to have a good relationship with the Kirkhams who have a proto type now on ebay that's probably more advanced than any of our cars that could be your answer.

Old 12-28-2003, 03:49 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

pat
as for the photos i sent you if you look at the suspension bushing you can see it has been misaligned during assembly (look at the washers / shims) and caused damage to the bushing and shims / washers at all the control arm bushings (this is my opinion as a profesional mechanic). the suspension was as assembled and shipped from "sai". i am getting on with the project know as i have replaced all of the supplied "sai" items on the car. i had to answer the issues of brent's post though.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:57 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

semko
unfortunately "sai" and brent have come up with this plan (and it was offered to them along time ago) far to late in this build. with the initial cost of this vehicle being 72,000.00 dollars and the large amount of money that i have spent on the drivetrain and replacement parts and labor along with my determination to own this exact type of car built to very high standards i'm not about to give up on it.
Closed Thread