Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2003, 04:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

Most of the Gasholes own Kirkhams NOT CSX's.

I have no problem "reading it". I also have no problem responding to it. This is a public forum, you post I respond, I post you respond.
Why should your post be treated any differently?

However when you post, you too must be willing to live with the rebuttals.

I understand you had nothing but problems since you bought this car. Some of us had nothing but good experiences. Why is it, you only want those supporting your experiences to respond and those who different are not welcome?

Why do you mind if we told you about our good experiences with the same company?

I could tell you stories about MY experiences with others that will bring tears to your eyes as well.

When I have had enough of a company, and they are willing to give me my money back, I take it and move on. In your case you seem like you would rather let them keep the money so you can go on bashing them. I suppose it is worth it to you.

I may not be as "clueless" as you might think.

Would you like for me to post my trials and tribulations with my car?

As to your reasons for relentless posts on this subject being so that "others might gain information and knowledge good or bad"....That is exactly the point.
We have gained all the "bad" from you and now there are some of us who would like to tell some of the "good".

Yours have been the most publicized problem car I have read about for a long time. Hard to believe the car is THAT BAD.
When this happens at my place of employment, it is sometimes the customer that is messed up. Not always!

I guess taking the money and returning the car would deny you the platform you prefer. You would rather keep the car and keep bashing it, rather than swap it for one of them flawles others.

I have no agenda. I like my car. It is as good or as bad as anything else out there.

I will tell you the same thing I have told some unhappy customers who insist that all GM builds is crap and no good.

Other manufacturers have service departments too.!!

I suppose this is none of my business, however you ARE discussing it in public and public sentiments are sought. So public responses should also be expected.
The car didn't go back to Poland for misaligned bushings, did it?

Good luck to you.

TURK

Last edited by Turk; 12-28-2003 at 04:17 PM..
Old 12-28-2003, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'll just bite my tongue and walk away from this one before I get an interweb beat down from the fateful.(shakes head and jumps back on fence to watch)
Old 12-28-2003, 04:20 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: What Cobra?
Send a message via Yahoo to Turk
Not Ranked     

May be that is what I should have done.

I think I will....
TURK
Old 12-28-2003, 04:22 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

If the offer is for a refund is for the total amount that you have in the car, then I would take it. The car has bad juju, better to wash your hands of it and buy the more highly developed KMP and pocket the difference (you could donate the extra $$ to Shelby's charity for a nice bit of karmic irony). If they are only offering to buy it back for what you paid to SAI, without compensating you for your out of pocket costs incurred to make it right, then I would be pissed.

I'm no expert.
Old 12-28-2003, 04:29 PM
Hoosier Gashole Emeritus
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Lew,
"Bad juju" LMAO!

"In debates on ethically contentious issues, it is never wise nor polite to deride or belittle another person's delusion."
Old 12-28-2003, 04:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Hmmm....Am I reading correctly that the body had to go back to the factory in poland?.

I'll say this....If I had invested a considerable sum of money in ANY brand of vehicle...be it a component vehicle or a completed " out of the showroom" vehicle, and the dealer defined that it was "so bad" it had to go back to the factory for correction .... that would have been the end of the transaction to me.

At that point, I believe, the purchaser had the option of accepting the car after repair or not accepting it. If I have read correctly the consumer in this case requested his money back.

The dealer, in a case such as this has to be cognitive of a point in time at which he (The dealer) can do the right thing .. make the offer of a "money back" settlement and retain a loyal client.
or...
Elect to give preference to his P & L sheet/ sales and ignores the consumers "rights" of purchasing a quality product.

The choice is the dealers. I dont give a damn about warranties..if the thing was manufactured incorrectly to the point of being a factory return...then it is NOT a warranty claim, it is clearly a product quality problem.

I'm not defending csx700?'s point of view nor am I laying blame at SAI feet ..... What I am saying is that some "professional" failed to identify the extent to which this dispute would lead and failed to act professionally.

And .... Consumers are not expected to be professional.
Old 12-28-2003, 05:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP
Not Ranked     

Dan,

By now, VERY bad juju.

I'm no expert.
Old 12-28-2003, 06:40 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

turk
may i suggest that you go right ahead and give your good experiences (i would have loved to give mine), maybe start your own thread? in any case when i said some people are clueless i meant they are clueless as to what transpired with my car not yours. as i've said before i'm nopt relating anyone elses experiences here but mine. some people seem to think they know the whole story, my side and "sai's".

Last edited by csx700?; 12-28-2003 at 06:55 PM..
Old 12-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

brent and "sai"
if you would like to call me and see if we can come to a solution to this than please do.
Old 12-28-2003, 07:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2 dr roadster, V-8, 4 spd.
Not Ranked     

Is this what Computerworks means when he says "train wreck"?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RMC under re-construction, GenIV with tremec 600, Jag 3.31 L/S diff
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by ToyCollector

Is this what Computerworks means when he says "train wreck"?
Bit dramatic TC ... sure seems something has come off the rails .

Rescue squad is on the way it seems.....lets hope the victims dont end up as casualties.
Old 12-28-2003, 08:42 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

This sort of reminds me of a movie I saw the other day. I had heard such rave reviews, nothing but great things about the flick. My expectations where very high. I was disappointed by the movie.

The next day my daughter wanted to watch a movie with me. Even though I thought to my self 'there is no way I want to watch that peice of $hit', I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 12-28-2003, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Brent F. has made an offer, which preempts all previous discussions. CSX700? has seemingly declined it. Further discussions should be conducted in private.

We've heard enough about this vehicle. Either move on and drive it, or shoot the sumb!tch and bury it.