26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2004, 03:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NONE
Not Ranked     

just reading some of the other peoples messages has helped me trying to figure out how much it will cost. I do plan on doing everything on the car. I have connections to help me in areas of obtaining parts, motor and painting.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:27 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

I love Unique but that seems way beyond his budget. Most Uniques I see end up in the 40 - 50 range done. You could do a basic one for about 35 with all new parts, but I don't see one coming him much less. Heck with a budget of 20 FF5 is a bit of a stretch, they seem to average about 25 to 35 done. Of course, the sky is always the limit!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 01-28-2004, 03:29 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by moparmaddnes

I have connections to help me in areas of obtaining parts, motor and painting.
Good connections are invaluable!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 01-28-2004, 03:30 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

well gentlmen I must go and make dinner. I will be back on this site around 8-8:30 central. I live in MN. I look at the time it says at the bottom of the message deal and it says9:26 AM when it is 5:36 PM at my house. Hope to talk to you guys soon from the great fridged north.
Old 01-28-2004, 03:32 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: E.R.A. FIA #2088 1964 289 w/Webers
Not Ranked     

Yeah, I was just going on the assumption that he was doing all of the work himself & that he could pickup the pallet kit around that sum & work from there as budget permitted. Pretty much what I am doing I haven't looked at unique's prices lately though
Old 01-28-2004, 03:40 PM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Deluxe Pallet kit is basically 24 of course by the time you add tax and shipping you have 26. Doing all the work yourself, skipping all the upgrades, junk yard shopping and rebuilding everything as much as you can yourself and a do it yourself paint job with some 'correct' wheels and tires coming under 35 I think is a real accomplishment. You would have a very nice car though!

BUT, your spend as you go plan could have promise for him. Depends on how much cash he can hide from the wife They tend to ask a lot of questions as the UPS man keeps showing up. He is cooking dinner right now so perhaps he is 'paying it forward'

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 01-28-2004, 04:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

I had a little under $20k in mine before paint. But I got some good deals on a lot of stuff and didn't get all the stuff from SV, like the seats, steering wheel, headers among other things. It does help to have connections. The headers were done for the cost of the materials. You wouldn't believe the number of people that stopped in his shop while working on it with the door open. It does pay to have 'connections'. Maybe we could trade? No, my wife would kill me.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

hello gentlemen
no I do not have to hide anything from my wife, but she won't let me go hog wild either. I do plan on doing everything myself. I am a machinist and also have experiance in metal fabrication. I do understand that projects like this do end up taking more money than usually expected. I will build as I can afford, since in this economy money for me is pretty tight. I was looking at some of the doner car packages and using the salvage yard for some parts.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:52 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Moparmaddness
Take a look at Shell Valley and also at A & C both are nice kits and can be purchased in various stages and at different price levels.
Doc
Old 01-28-2004, 08:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Moparmadness: You can change the "setting" of the clock showing the time of post by going to the "user cp" at the top of this page, under "Home", then click on "edit options", scroll down to "date and time options", and add or subtract a few hours until your posts reflect 'your' time. Glad to have you aboard!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:43 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by moparmaddnes

hello gentlemen
no I do not have to hide anything from my wife, ...
You wife gets on here doesn't she

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 01-29-2004, 10:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shell Valley, Mopar thingy (small block of course)
Not Ranked     

When I bought my Shell Valley, I had them assemble the suspension and hang the doors and hood and trunk and put the cowl hoop in. I would be way under budget if I had done the work myself, but I didn't have the patience to do that stuff. Just wanted to get it built.