Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2004, 08:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: sold a SPF
Not Ranked     
Default Garage Floor - RaceDeck Tiles

I am trying to research if putting Race-Deck tiles on my garage floor is a viable option. I have received their sample and have read the posts on this sites. The company is a very customer centric organization!

Race-deck users: how do you clean the floor especially after a snow storm? If you hose the floor out doesn't the dirt and grime find its way underneath the tiles via the joints? Do you have to lift the tiles and deep clean once a year etc?

Painting is not an option due to no vapor barrier so my options are limited. Worst case scenario I could power wash and just seal the floor.

Your comments and thoughts...thanks,
Old 02-02-2004, 02:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique S/C with 428
Not Ranked     

Rick,

I live in Ct and put Race Deck on my garage floor last March. We have had several large snow storms this year and the floor has been great. As I too was worried about water seeping between the tiles I have my cars parked on garage floor mats which are on top of the Race Deck, they were purchased from Better Life Technology. The mats are ribbed so all of the melting snow and sand stays on the mats and is easily hosed off. The mats may not be necessary as the joints on the Race deck are very tight. I keep the Race Deck clean with an industrial floor mop. I am very pleased with the floor. I had a similar problem as yours with no vapor barrier under my garage floor so Race Deck was the only answer for me as well.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:04 PM
Ouch Ouch Hot Sand
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Street Beasts w/302 Twin Turbocharged....Under Construction!!
Send a message via AIM to EarlsflyinCobra
Not Ranked     

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EBWA%3AIT&rd=1

Ck it out
Old 02-02-2004, 05:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

......$500 bucks for a 10 x 20 (basically a 1-car garage). How much would it be normally?? Doesn't seem like it's discounted all that much, but maybe I'm figuring it wrong. What's the going rate (with a CC discount of course) per 12x12 tile? I was thinking it was in the 2.50 to 3.50 ea range. Plus buying all the end pieces and corner pieces.......
Old 02-02-2004, 06:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique S/C with 428
Not Ranked     

I paid $2.99 per sq ft. (each tile) plus shipping. It is expensive but the floor should last forever. Seems to make for a warmer floor in the winter too.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Terry ~ the Nature Stone cost me about 7 bucks a square foot but my garage floor had a bunch of cracks that they had to seal.

It looks great and is very easy to clean. This is my first winter with it and I have found no standing water from the ice and snow melting off the vehicles.

Brian
Old 02-02-2004, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

no cobra?You need something nice to fill up the cool gargae of yours..are you gettign another one or are you going to get something else..GT40?
Old 02-02-2004, 07:01 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427FE (sold & missed)
Not Ranked     

Rick ~ I think it was you at Dynamic on January 24th while I was there. I did not find out that SPF #1299 was sold until the following day.

I've been in contact with Dean since then and we are talking!!!!

Brian

p.s. sorry I didn't introduce myself......you can't go wrong with a Superformance and your engine builder is top notch!!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Brian, I'm sure we will meet at the shop or at one of the future events. Was that you looking at the red cobra with the polished engine? If so, I got yah in a digital picture that I took by accident. Someone was drooling....

Dean is a good dude and runs a terrific shop at Dynamic Motorsports. Very customer oriented and that makes a huge difference in this hobby car / dream car business.

I hear a lot of good comments about Eric's engines. I'm sure it will be smooth sailing in a few more weeks or so..that is if Ohio ever thaws out.
Old 02-02-2004, 07:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1245 w/ 1966 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Brian: Nature Stone?? Sounds like something my massage therapist heats up and puts on my back! What the heck is it?? If you don't get standing water, does that mean it soaks into the stone? I don't think I've ever seen it on a garage floor before! Sounds neat though! Has Dave seen it?

So, what's in the "works"?? I can't see you going very long without a car of some sort......especially since you don't have your bike anymore! With a garage like yours, you've gotta put SOMETHING in there (besides the naked mannequin!!) You're not gonna let our friend have ALL the fun (as well as all the horsepower!), are you?
Old 02-02-2004, 08:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 64 smallblock Fairlane
Send a message via AIM to W2zero
Not Ranked     

I put the Race Deck in my garage a while back and love it. The floor doesn't suck the heat out of me when I don't have time to grab the creeper and clean up is easy with a mop and solution of Oil Eater I picked up from Costco. I melted a little place on a tile when welding and mentioned it in a thread then Jorgen sent me a replacement. I wasn't aware that the warrantee covered