Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2004, 04:28 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default allow me to introduce myself

Last edited by rob frink; 12-28-2010 at 06:22 AM..
Old 02-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: R.U.C.C. with a 427FE, toploader
Not Ranked     

Hi Rob,
Welcome to the best web site around and I don't think I would build one again, it's too much to drive. LOL Mike
Old 02-24-2004, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

Rob,

My dad and I went to DVSF II and fell in love w/ the cobras and more importantly, the people. We wanted to build our own but we both work full time, he travels a lot, we live 90 minutes apart, and it wasn't going to make sense. I rode in George Wickes' titanium SPF. He had a stock crate motor making 385hp and I thought it was the craziest thing in the world. Ever. I'd driven a '96 Porsche 911 Turbo and a '99 Ferrari F355 Spyder. After riding in George's SPF, I thought the 911 and Spyder were lame. Well, sort of. :-)

Full year later, pops and I finished putting our motor in titanium/black SPF 1670 and drove it home from the shop we were borrowing. My fun is found in building/restoring motors. I have one body job to my credit and it was horrible. I don't want to do it again.

I've read stories of guys spending 2, 5, 15 years on building a Cobra. One thing's for sure, they're all damned proud of their cars. Many of them are truly beautiful works of art. Every one of them will give you a grin from ear to ear.

One thing you have certainly seen since reading everyones posts is that you have to do what your gut tells you. I'm so happy w/ our SPF. We shot for 500 horses, got there, and it's insane. Some guys have 800 horse and blowers. There is no limit to the insanity. That's the fun of it.

I'm sure you've met Dean Rosen already at one of the flings, and if not, he is great. He and his dad Ron run a great business, and everyone there is wonderful. You won't be disappointed.

Best of luck on your journey. Hope to see you at DVSF IV, wherever it ends up, with or without Cobra, whosever model it is.

Best Regards,
JP
Old 02-24-2004, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1821
Not Ranked     

Rob, I just officially purchased my SPF last week. I won't physically have the car for a few weeks while the motor is being built. I did a lot of research on what and where to get it. I am very happy with Dynamic Motorsports. I dealt with Jim Gander, who is a great guy and a pleasure to deal with. I also live here in Columbus. Good luck with whatever/whoever you chose, but you won't be disappointed with SPF. My only real decision was new or used. I'm glad I went new, but it was a tough choice. There are some pretty good deals out there, especially since this is a HUGE purchase for me and my wife.

Todd Cameron
Old 02-24-2004, 06:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: sold a SPF
Not Ranked     

Rob, I just took delivery of a Superformance 4 days ago. That fact you only live once, you narrowed it down to a cobra and live very close to an awesome dealer who sells what I am personally finding out to be a stunning vehicle I think it is a no brainer to head on down to Dynamic Motorsport and pick out your color. As I was told many times, you get what you pay for and life is not a dress rehearsal. You won't be sorry only mad you didn't buy one sooner. Dean and company at Dynamic Motorsports will show you around in a very low key fashion.

Best of luck.

Rick
Old 02-24-2004, 07:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rob,
Welcome to the club!
SPF is a great choice, you won't be sorry.
Happy Motoring,
Roger
Old 02-25-2004, 12:23 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I sure admire those folks that do build their own. They are the salt of the Cobra world. I could, but at this point in my life I'd rather just drive! I do love to tinker on them though! It's great to be able to go over to a friends house and help them work on theirs too!

Ernie
Old 02-25-2004, 04:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Bob,
Congratulations on this great decision. Three words of advice from a very happy SPF driver.

1. Decide what you want the car for before you get into choice of engines and add-on goodies.

2. Drive the cars they've got and see how YOU like them. The weather should be about perfect here, but the roads may still be a bit cool for best adhesion. Be careful.

3. For engine, if you're having someone else do it, I highly recommend Eric at Performance Engineering, located behind the Dynamic building. There's friction between the ownership of Dynamic and Performance, but the folks in the shop actually continue to work well together (much to the relief of many SPF owners here and elsewhere) and Eric's done well by me and many others over the past years.

Enjoy our fake-out Spring this week...
Old 02-25-2004, 05:07 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 428 cid 430 hp
Not Ranked     

Rob,

Welcome to the club. Glad to see another Columbus-ite in the group. I have a Unique and my friend has a SPF. He is very happy with the car and the few small items that needed corrected were handled easily by the Dynamic folks.
Good luck.

jerry
Old 02-25-2004, 05:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Last edited by rob frink; 12-28-2010 at 06:23 AM..
Old 02-25-2004, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the forum! Spring is nearing and then Summer and Fall ... all sorts of Cobra weather!

Who is John Galt?
Old 02-25-2004, 07:00 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Welcome to the Forum.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:07 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 roadster with 351C-4B
Not Ranked     

Welcome Rob. As you can see I also live in Columbus Ohio. I am the Pres. of the Ohio Cobra Club, currently 109 members. Send me your email address and I will put you on our mailing list.

Check out the used market. The market is down a bit and there are some very good values to be had.

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 02-25-2004, 07:09 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Rob, machine shop owner eh? What kind of machine shop? What is the name? Always looking for a machine shop!
Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 02-25-2004, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Old 02-25-2004, 07:40 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mmmmmmmmmmm...... belt sanders!!!!!

No $hit. I live in Clintonville and used to live in Granview. I am on Brevoort, you?

I will be sending you a couple of emails here shortly.

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com

Last edited by rdorman; 02-25-2004 at 08:05 AM..
Old 02-25-2004, 07:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It would seem logical to visit DV and Jay shop also, as they are in your area. Their HUGE supporters of this web site and sponsors of the Fling of course. "Classics by Elite"

Ernie
Old 02-25-2004, 08:14 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Old 02-25-2004, 08:23 AM
Renegade Nuns on Wheels
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I am sure I have rattled your windows more than a few times! I am a '95 grad BS in CIS.

Mine is red with white stripes. So it was probably me. Click on the camera next to my name for pictures.

The old Powell speedway, remember it well! I used to do PCA events there. Now we are at OSU and Cooper stadium.

Get a car! We need another one in Clintonville since I am the only one at the moment!

Rick

OhioCobraClub.com
LondonCobraShow.com
Old 02-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 427 S/C 428 cid 430 hp
Not Ranked     

Rick n Rob,

U two need to beer n bench race a bit.

Rob,

Rick knows his stuff, even though he has one of those "small" blocks in his Unique. SPf's are great, but be careful. Rick may convince U to buy a Unique. (Not that we're biased or anything like that.) You're more than welcome to come look at mine. I live on the east side of Hoover Dam . I am leaving for British Columbia on Fri and will be home next Sat. Ring me up at 740 965-6822.