Old 12-07-2004, 12:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still looking
Not Ranked     
Default Re: CONBOSS

Quote:
Originally posted by jdog

It has been with great amusement that I have read these posts. I feel confident in saying that I have personally seen more vanity plates than almost anyone. For you see I have spent 16 of the last 19 years with the Ca Dept of Corrections as the Superintendent of the Prison Industry Authority, License Plate Factory at Folsom State Prison Ca.
All vanity plates in Ca are made on the #3 P/P (Punch/Press).
#3P/P (of 12ea) is a 150ton mechanical punch press (hydraulic's are to slow!) Each press is operated by a crew of 3 inmates. You don't want to know what a 150 ton press will do to a hand!
#3P/P crew are: "Frisco"(a bay area boy), "Cornfed"(guess why?), "Lefty"(only 4 fingers on right hand-see above). Their real names were changed because, they don't use them! lol! These guys have made all of the vanity plates in Ca for years. They actually do a great job, for $.60-.75 per hr! They also get: day-for-day(day off of sentence for every day worked) but these 3 guys are "lifers" so d-f-d doesn't apply.
It takes about 150 inmates to run the entire factory, with about 10 staff (talk about outnumbered!) We use the carrot & stick method. A few small carrots & a BIG STICK! There is a "no hostage" rule here: they would'nt trade a can of coke for me, so I'm worthless to them. Crazy, but it works! Also, there's something about "strip-searching" your employees at the end of each day that has a way of breaking down all of those barriers!lol! I know these guys "intimately"!
This is Ca DMV's only source for license plates! Guess who makes plates when the prison is on "Lockdown"
We REALLY don't like "Lockdowns"!lol!
We usually stay enough ahead with the regular issue plates, but vanity plates get made every day rain or shine! So I would have to include myself to the list above because I've made many a vanity plate (back in the day!)
& b-t-w: we run on a 5 day turn around on vanity plates (it's usually only 2 or 3) So don't let DMV tell you it takes that long!
About 3 years ago I had a chance to get out of the fire & took a job "outside the walls" in PIA Hqts., but I can still see the license plate factory from my office window.
Jamo, were you ever a criminal defense attorney? or do you look familiar from somewhere else? I didn't see any tattoo's in the naked cobra picture, but I could only see one side! lol!

jdog

P.S. One of my co-workers plates is "CONBOSS" mine will be: CSX4795 (I think I'll go watch it being born, haven't SEEN the crew in awhile)

"I hear that whistle blowing......" Johnny Cash
Old 12-07-2004, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Still looking
Not Ranked     
Default Re: CONBOSS

Quote:
Originally posted by jdog

It has been with great amusement that I have read these posts. I feel confident in saying that I have personally seen more vanity plates than almost anyone. For you see I have spent 16 of the last 19 years with the Ca Dept of Corrections as the Superintendent of the Prison Industry Authority, License Plate Factory at Folsom State Prison Ca.
All vanity plates in Ca are made on the #3 P/P (Punch/Press).
#3P/P (of 12ea) is a 150ton mechanical punch press (hydraulic's are to slow!) Each press is operated by a crew of 3 inmates. You don't want to know what a 150 ton press will do to a hand!
#3P/P crew are: "Frisco"(a bay area boy), "Cornfed"(guess why?), "Lefty"(only 4 fingers on right hand-see above). Their real names were changed because, they don't use them! lol! These guys have made all of the vanity plates in Ca for years. They actually do a great job, for $.60-.75 per hr! They also get: day-for-day(day off of sentence for every day worked) but these 3 guys are "lifers" so d-f-d doesn't apply.
It takes about 150 inmates to run the entire factory, with about 10 staff (talk about outnumbered!) We use the carrot & stick method. A few small carrots & a BIG STICK! There is a "no hostage" rule here: they would'nt trade a can of coke for me, so I'm worthless to them. Crazy, but it works! Also, there's something about "strip-searching" your employees at the end of each day that has a way of breaking down all of those barriers!lol! I know these guys "intimately"!
This is Ca DMV's only source for license plates! Guess who makes plates when the prison is on "Lockdown"
We REALLY don't like "Lockdowns"!lol!
We usually stay enough ahead with the regular issue plates, but vanity plates get made every day rain or shine! So I would have to include myself to the list above because I've made many a vanity plate (back in the day!)
& b-t-w: we run on a 5 day turn around on vanity plates (it's usually only 2 or 3) So don't let DMV tell you it takes that long!
About 3 years ago I had a chance to get out of the fire & took a job "outside the walls" in PIA Hqts., but I can still see the license plate factory from my office window.
Jamo, were you ever a criminal defense attorney? or do you look familiar from somewhere else? I didn't see any tattoo's in the naked cobra picture, but I could only see one side! lol!

jdog

P.S. One of my co-workers plates is "CONBOSS" mine will be: CSX4795 (I think I'll go watch it being born, haven't SEEN the crew in awhile)

"I hear that whistle blowing......" Johnny Cash

jdog, since you're the LPF Expert maybe you could give me a break here and give me the series numbers of the '63-'69 yellow on black plates that were made of aluminum. Doing some research for the ALPCA here. Thanks much, MACK
Old 12-23-2004, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY-450+HP
Not Ranked     

I was just tired of people asking me "what year is it"???

So, I went with SIXTY 6
Old 12-23-2004, 03:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BRM #20, Ford 302, Holley 600dp
Send a message via ICQ to ridelikehell
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by sixty 6

I was just tired of people asking me "what year is it"???

So, I went with SIXTY 6
won't make a difference lol
i've got "6T6COBRA" and people still ask "what is it?" "what year"...hahaha
Old 12-23-2004, 04:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY-450+HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by ridelikehell

won't make a difference lol
i've got "6T6COBRA" and people still ask "what is it?" "what year"...hahaha
Yeah, but now I can say read the tag, to all the want-a be's and I had a car like this back in 19 ......
gregg
Old 01-03-2005, 08:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Not Ranked     
Default My Tag

[IMG] [/IMG]
Old 01-04-2005, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: shell valley, all aluminum 540 ci chevy
Not Ranked     

My new plate will say "1 MADASP"
Old 01-04-2005, 07:17 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

New Plate
Attached Images

Old 01-20-2005, 12:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1981/ 418Stroker
Not Ranked     

Well three months ago I read this entire forum looking for a "neat" plate for my new SPF I finally decided and got
QWIKR N U '
Having only had the chance to put 800 quick miles on it before putting it away for the winter, I haven't had the chance to show it off too much, however all my friends who have had a chance to see it in the stable , the first word out of their mouths is "SWWWEEEET"
So I just bit the bullet and went back to the BMV and secured
SSWEEET from the state of Ohio and moved QWIKR N U back over to the "66 Mustang
Also have
FASTRUK on the '99 Lightning
and
MINZILA on the '03 MINI Cooper S (Tuned to 230BHP)

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Old 01-20-2005, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster/428CJ "The Stretch Limo of Cobras"
Send a message via AIM to Robert T. Faust
Not Ranked     

I kept mine, COEBRA, when I sold the car. I have a feeling I'm going to get another one to put them on.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

4 D L OF IT (get it?) LOL!!!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Modified DRB 2000, 302 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Wat about VENMUS OR VENMOS OR VENIMIS
Old 01-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
says it all
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2005, 10:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     

IHAMMA

Seen on a yellow Porsche at a car show.
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Old 01-31-2005, 07:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five USRRC 1968-289, ERA#287 427-Side Oiler , Goodyear Vintage Eagles, HB Pin Drives / FF Coupe 427w by Keith Craft 950 DaVinci Holley, Tremec, Goodyear Vintage Eagles, MSD Ign.
Not Ranked     
Default CT Tag

The story goes I was looking for a vanity tag for my 427SC car, I had just sold an FIA car to a guy in Salem, Ct. Who had the Tag "Cobras" but had let the reg. run out. So I was fishing around the DMV Site for choices available, on whim not thinking it possible that this combo. would be available , up it pops! Well, I made this my first choice of 5 (not having clue one that the guy ever had this plate). So 4-5 weeks later my car has reg. "COBRAS". The guy shows up at the same event comes over and "flips" when he see's my new reg.! So the story ends on happy note, he got his second choice, I got to keep the coveted tag and we both still enjoy a laugh about how this could happen!
Old 01-31-2005, 09:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Mine is:
NOT AN MG
Old 01-31-2005, 01:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, CCX 3748
Not Ranked     

My first choice was ORGASMC. I got turned down.
I now have UPHORIC

Rhino
Old 01-31-2005, 04:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Not Ranked     

Mine reads, "COBRA65"

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Old 01-31-2005, 06:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Lone Star Classics LS427, 428 CJ engine stroked to 464, 580hp/590tq at flywheel
Not Ranked     

Mine were just approved last week "FANG"

I have another I am trying to get my kid to put on his 69 camaro - "SCREMR". Haven't talked him into it yet, but it is.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Modified DRB 2000, 302 Windsor
Not Ranked     
Default I hope you all have microsoft publisher!!

WHAT ABOUT XMYASP (KISS MY ASP/ASS!!) ??
Attached Images