Club Cobra Gas-N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Cobra Talk Areas > ALL COBRA TALK

Welcome to Club Cobra!  The World's largest non biased Shelby Cobra related site!

  •  » Representation from nearly all Cobra/Daytona/GT40 manufacturers
  •  » Help from all over the world for your questions
  •  » Build logs for you and all members
  •  » Blogs
  •  » Image Gallery
  •  » Many thousands of members and nearly 1 million posts! 

YES! I want to register an account for free right now!  p.s.: For registered members this ad will NOT show

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
December 2022
S M T W T F S
        1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree37Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #541 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2004, 01:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sacto, CA
Cobra Make, Engine: Still looking
Posts: 2
Not Ranked     
Default Re: CONBOSS

Quote:
Originally posted by jdog


It has been with great amusement that I have read these posts. I feel confident in saying that I have personally seen more vanity plates than almost anyone. For you see I have spent 16 of the last 19 years with the Ca Dept of Corrections as the Superintendent of the Prison Industry Authority, License Plate Factory at Folsom State Prison Ca.
All vanity plates in Ca are made on the #3 P/P (Punch/Press).
#3P/P (of 12ea) is a 150ton mechanical punch press (hydraulic's are to slow!) Each press is operated by a crew of 3 inmates. You don't want to know what a 150 ton press will do to a hand!
#3P/P crew are: "Frisco"(a bay area boy), "Cornfed"(guess why?), "Lefty"(only 4 fingers on right hand-see above). Their real names were changed because, they don't use them! lol! These guys have made all of the vanity plates in Ca for years. They actually do a great job, for $.60-.75 per hr! They also get: day-for-day(day off of sentence for every day worked) but these 3 guys are "lifers" so d-f-d doesn't apply.
It takes about 150 inmates to run the entire factory, with about 10 staff (talk about outnumbered!) We use the carrot & stick method. A few small carrots & a BIG STICK! There is a "no hostage" rule here: they would'nt trade a can of coke for me, so I'm worthless to them. Crazy, but it works! Also, there's something about "strip-searching" your employees at the end of each day that has a way of breaking down all of those barriers!lol! I know these guys "intimately"!
This is Ca DMV's only source for license plates! Guess who makes plates when the prison is on "Lockdown"
We REALLY don't like "Lockdowns"!lol!
We usually stay enough ahead with the regular issue plates, but vanity plates get made every day rain or shine! So I would have to include myself to the list above because I've made many a vanity plate (back in the day!)
& b-t-w: we run on a 5 day turn around on vanity plates (it's usually only 2 or 3) So don't let DMV tell you it takes that long!
About 3 years ago I had a chance to get out of the fire & took a job "outside the walls" in PIA Hqts., but I can still see the license plate factory from my office window.
Jamo, were you ever a criminal defense attorney? or do you look familiar from somewhere else? I didn't see any tattoo's in the naked cobra picture, but I could only see one side! lol!

jdog

P.S. One of my co-workers plates is "CONBOSS" mine will be: CSX4795 (I think I'll go watch it being born, haven't SEEN the crew in awhile)

"I hear that whistle blowing......" Johnny Cash
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
  #542 (permalink)  
Old 12-07-2004, 02:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sacto, CA
Cobra Make, Engine: Still looking
Posts: 2
Not Ranked     
Default Re: CONBOSS

Quote:
Originally posted by jdog


It has been with great amusement that I have read these posts. I feel confident in saying that I have personally seen more vanity plates than almost anyone. For you see I have spent 16 of the last 19 years with the Ca Dept of Corrections as the Superintendent of the Prison Industry Authority, License Plate Factory at Folsom State Prison Ca.
All vanity plates in Ca are made on the #3 P/P (Punch/Press).
#3P/P (of 12ea) is a 150ton mechanical punch press (hydraulic's are to slow!) Each press is operated by a crew of 3 inmates. You don't want to know what a 150 ton press will do to a hand!
#3P/P crew are: "Frisco"(a bay area boy), "Cornfed"(guess why?), "Lefty"(only 4 fingers on right hand-see above). Their real names were changed because, they don't use them! lol! These guys have made all of the vanity plates in Ca for years. They actually do a great job, for $.60-.75 per hr! They also get: day-for-day(day off of sentence for every day worked) but these 3 guys are "lifers" so d-f-d doesn't apply.
It takes about 150 inmates to run the entire factory, with about 10 staff (talk about outnumbered!) We use the carrot & stick method. A few small carrots & a BIG STICK! There is a "no hostage" rule here: they would'nt trade a can of coke for me, so I'm worthless to them. Crazy, but it works! Also, there's something about "strip-searching" your employees at the end of each day that has a way of breaking down all of those barriers!lol! I know these guys "intimately"!
This is Ca DMV's only source for license plates! Guess who makes plates when the prison is on "Lockdown"
We REALLY don't like "Lockdowns"!lol!
We usually stay enough ahead with the regular issue plates, but vanity plates get made every day rain or shine! So I would have to include myself to the list above because I've made many a vanity plate (back in the day!)
& b-t-w: we run on a 5 day turn around on vanity plates (it's usually only 2 or 3) So don't let DMV tell you it takes that long!
About 3 years ago I had a chance to get out of the fire & took a job "outside the walls" in PIA Hqts., but I can still see the license plate factory from my office window.
Jamo, were you ever a criminal defense attorney? or do you look familiar from somewhere else? I didn't see any tattoo's in the naked cobra picture, but I could only see one side! lol!

jdog

P.S. One of my co-workers plates is "CONBOSS" mine will be: CSX4795 (I think I'll go watch it being born, haven't SEEN the crew in awhile)

"I hear that whistle blowing......" Johnny Cash

jdog, since you're the LPF Expert maybe you could give me a break here and give me the series numbers of the '63-'69 yellow on black plates that were made of aluminum. Doing some research for the ALPCA here. Thanks much, MACK
Reply With Quote
  #543 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2004, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: JOPPA, MD
Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY-450+HP
Posts: 33
Not Ranked     
Default

I was just tired of people asking me "what year is it"???

So, I went with SIXTY 6
Reply With Quote
  #544 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2004, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Toronto, Canada, ON
Cobra Make, Engine: BRM #20, Ford 302, Holley 600dp
Posts: 93
Send a message via ICQ to ridelikehell
Not Ranked     
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by sixty 6


I was just tired of people asking me "what year is it"???

So, I went with SIXTY 6
won't make a difference lol
i've got "6T6COBRA" and people still ask "what is it?" "what year"...hahaha
Reply With Quote
  #545 (permalink)  
Old 12-23-2004, 05:09 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: JOPPA, MD
Cobra Make, Engine: SHELBY-450+HP
Posts: 33
Not Ranked     
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ridelikehell


won't make a difference lol
i've got "6T6COBRA" and people still ask "what is it?" "what year"...hahaha
Yeah, but now I can say read the tag, to all the want-a be's and I had a car like this back in 19 ......
gregg
Reply With Quote
  #546 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2005, 09:27 PM
HSSS427's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #414 427 s/o w. Shelby Aluminum heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM Intake, Mighty Demon 750, Tremec TKO 600
Posts: 714
Not Ranked     
Default My Tag

[IMG] [/IMG]
Reply With Quote
  #547 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2005, 08:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ontario, ca
Cobra Make, Engine: shell valley, all aluminum 540 ci chevy
Posts: 104
Not Ranked     
Default

My new plate will say "1 MADASP"
Reply With Quote
  #548 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2005, 08:17 AM
DonC's Avatar
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: West Linn, OR
Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Posts: 1,378
Not Ranked     
Default

New Plate
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #549 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2005, 01:49 PM
Godzila's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The Mancave, OH
Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#1981/ 418Stroker
Posts: 519
Not Ranked     
Default

Well three months ago I read this entire forum looking for a "neat" plate for my new SPF I finally decided and got
QWIKR N U '
Having only had the chance to put 800 quick miles on it before putting it away for the winter, I haven't had the chance to show it off too much, however all my friends who have had a chance to see it in the stable , the first word out of their mouths is "SWWWEEEET"
So I just bit the bullet and went back to the BMV and secured
SSWEEET from the state of Ohio and moved QWIKR N U back over to the "66 Mustang
Also have
FASTRUK on the '99 Lightning
and
MINZILA on the '03 MINI Cooper S (Tuned to 230BHP)
__________________
Big Dogs don't bark,,,they just growl real low!

Click to Win a Cobra!!
Reply With Quote
  #550 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2005, 02:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Redwood Shores, CA
Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster/428CJ "The Stretch Limo of Cobras"
Posts: 267
Send a message via AIM to Robert T. Faust
Not Ranked     
Default

I kept mine, COEBRA, when I sold the car. I have a feeling I'm going to get another one to put them on.
__________________
A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention. It never fails.)
Reply With Quote
  #551 (permalink)  
Old 01-20-2005, 09:07 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Uranus, cal
Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Posts: 3,046
Not Ranked     
Default

4 D L OF IT (get it?) LOL!!!
__________________
Edley, The Cobra Rogue!

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.
Reply With Quote
  #552 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2005, 09:56 PM
302cobra's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Cobra Make, Engine: Modified DRB 2000, 302 Windsor
Posts: 480
Not Ranked     
Default

Wat about VENMUS OR VENMOS OR VENIMIS
Reply With Quote
  #553 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2005, 10:07 PM
G.R.'s Avatar
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Evans, CO
Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Posts: 3,119
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
Post

says it all
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #554 (permalink)  
Old 01-30-2005, 11:53 PM
BMK's Avatar
BMK BMK is offline
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Australia, Zzz
Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Posts: 14,974
Not Ranked     
Default

IHAMMA

Seen on a yellow Porsche at a car show.
__________________
Bernie Knight
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026
Reply With Quote
  #555 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2005, 08:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Melbourne , Fl, Fl
Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five USRRC 1968-289, ERA#287 427-Side Oiler , Goodyear Vintage Eagles, HB Pin Drives / FF Coupe 427w by Keith Craft 950 DaVinci Holley, Tremec, Goodyear Vintage Eagles, MSD Ign.
Posts: 122
Not Ranked     
Default CT Tag

The story goes I was looking for a vanity tag for my 427SC car, I had just sold an FIA car to a guy in Salem, Ct. Who had the Tag "Cobras" but had let the reg. run out. So I was fishing around the DMV Site for choices available, on whim not thinking it possible that this combo. would be available , up it pops! Well, I made this my first choice of 5 (not having clue one that the guy ever had this plate). So 4-5 weeks later my car has reg. "COBRAS". The guy shows up at the same event comes over and "flips" when he see's my new reg.! So the story ends on happy note, he got his second choice, I got to keep the coveted tag and we both still enjoy a laugh about how this could happen!
__________________
Regard's, Clark C.
Reply With Quote
  #556 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2005, 10:57 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Collierville, Tn.,
Posts: 4
Not Ranked     
Default

Mine is:
NOT AN MG
__________________
TNarchtct
Reply With Quote
  #557 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2005, 02:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Honey Brook, PA
Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary, CCX 3748
Posts: 10
Not Ranked     
Default

My first choice was ORGASMC. I got turned down.
I now have UPHORIC

Rhino
Reply With Quote
  #558 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2005, 05:37 PM
relaxinrob's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE
Cobra Make, Engine: FFR Daytona Coupe done to replicate CSX-2299 at the '64 LeMans
Posts: 641
Not Ranked     
Default

Mine reads, "COBRA65"
__________________
Replicas are the highest form of flattery!

http://www.rehobothproperties.com/coupe.htm
Reply With Quote
  #559 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2005, 07:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Roanoke, Tx
Cobra Make, Engine: 2002 Lone Star Classics LS427, 428 CJ engine stroked to 464, 580hp/590tq at flywheel
Posts: 557
Not Ranked     
Default

Mine were just approved last week "FANG"

I have another I am trying to get my kid to put on his 69 camaro - "SCREMR". Haven't talked him into it yet, but it is.
Reply With Quote
  #560 (permalink)  
Old 02-01-2005, 12:39 AM
302cobra's Avatar
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Cobra Make, Engine: Modified DRB 2000, 302 Windsor
Posts: 480
Not Ranked     
Default I hope you all have microsoft publisher!!

WHAT ABOUT XMYASP (KISS MY ASP/ASS!!) ??
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the clubcobra.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Shelby American, any other replica manufacturer, Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by clubcobra.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Ford Motor Company, or Shelby American or any other manufacturer unless expressly noted by that entity. "Cobra" and the Cobra logo are registered trademarks for Ford Motor Co., Inc. clubcobra.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting clubcobra.com. For full policy documentation refer to the following link: CC Policy
Links monetized by VigLink