Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft Roush 427 r
Not Ranked     

35 years ! It was my fathers dream car, it rubbed off on to me.

Good luck
Old 02-24-2013, 10:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Butler Cobra. 350 Chevy Engine, blueprinted, heads cc'd, ported, polished, manifolds matched, big valves, 1.6 roller rockers, TB Injected, mild cam, MSD crank trigger electronic ignition. TKO-600 transmission. XKE Jaguar rear. IFS by Fast Cars
Not Ranked     

I fell in love with the Cobra in about 1964. I was 14 at the time and no other car has stirred my passion as much. I guess it's like a first love, you don't ever forget it.

In 1987 I was 37 years old when I ordered a body and frame Butler Racing. Since then I have worked on the car every now and then, but never enough to make a lot of progress as I do everything myself. During the last year I have really concentrated diligently on the project and on January 29, 2013 I drove the car for the first time. I'm 62 years young and the love affair that started at 14 still burns strong.

You can see my build in the link below. I hope you enjoy it. Arthur

How I built My Shelby 427 Cobra | Facebook

Last edited by lal Naja; 02-25-2013 at 09:33 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 02-25-2013, 01:54 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427, 427/487 side-oiler
Not Ranked     

I'm 47 and building ERA 797 with my three mini gear heads, ages 7/7/9.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

F/25/ building Cobra. BOOM.

Most people are in a quandary when they find out Im building one. "But you're a girl". Why don't I just build a car that washes my clothes while it drives?

They see me rollin'... they be like, "get back in the kitchen". haha....
Old 03-01-2013, 04:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I'm 42 and turning 43 tomorrow (march 2), building my first cobra and almost ready for the first go kart ride.

Joey.S
Old 03-03-2013, 11:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Boss Replica Motors BB 460 by New Generation Engines
Not Ranked     

I am now 63. I have been building my cobra since I was 57. So far, It has cost me way over what I expected. But that's ok because what I spend on the car, my wife can't spend on new clothes and shoes. I have to have the car finished by March 21, 2013. When it is finished, their will be little left her her to use. That is unless she wants to come with me driving around Canada in my noisey toy.

Last edited by Mother; 03-03-2013 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 03-09-2013, 07:05 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am 56, just purchased my first Cobra a few short months ago. It's a Shell Valley with 460/C6. I've been a Cobra fan since I was a young kid but never dreamed I would own one. I've built several cars over the years for myself, my kids, and others as I have some fairly good resources from managing a body shop for 24 years. I finally decided recently that if I was ever gonna get one I better do it soon. I told my wife I was putting my present hot rod up for sale, which I had built 100% of from scratch, to buy me one. She thought I was joking because I really loved my car. After a two month quest I finally found one I really liked and could afford. This car was built by Shell Valley in 1999 and had only 3500 miles on it. It comes with the hard top also which I really like. It's been a bit cool but warm weather is on its way. Matter of fact I'm gonna take a cruise in it today. I've already doubled the miles on it even with it being cool but its just hard to let it stay in the garage.
Enjoy your cars everyone!!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:34 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch View Post
Great idea, just clicked the 55-64 category, I will be 59 when mine arrives later this year. Part of retirement planning and getting a jump on the bucket list. These young whipersnappers under 30 are either living right or need something fast to run from the law - just don't tell us which
Old 04-06-2013, 07:42 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: era 427 side oiler
Not Ranked     

HELLO GUYS, i purchased my first shelby mustang in 1968 it was a used 1966 gt350 when i was 18 years old. i'am now 63 and have had 9 shelby gt350's three cobra's,a gt40 and now i have been looking for a fia 289 cobra.if anybody knows of a fia for sale please let me know. kind regards domenic saia.................................enjoy!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft 874 solid red Roush 427 small block 515 hp
Not Ranked     

I am 60. I have been smitten since 1964 when I was 12. My wonderful wife told me to get a Cobra and I did. I was 58.

She is driving me in the photo. We went to Replica Car show in Carlisle, PA in 1994, Run and Gun at Norwalk, OH in 1996 and Super Shelby and Ford in Tulsa in 1997. Finally pulled the trigger in 2010 and got Red Backdraft from Vintage. I had never even seen a Backdraft Roadster when I wired Jay the money, but I would do it all over again!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #253 Silver/Black 358 Windsor
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakewench View Post
Hmmm...spread of balls? Interesting observation!

Yes, there are Cobra owners of the "gentler" sex, or at least ONE...I'm sure I will run across a couple more down the line, but I just joined CC today.
Love the name, Snakewench! Wish I would have thought of that, as my name comes from my many years at the Renaissance Faire!

There are a few of us gals out here. I've had my Superformance for almost 3 years. Later this month is my birthday, I'll be 42 - the answer to Life, the Universe and Everything (for those sci-fi/fantasy geeks out there).
Old 04-18-2013, 04:08 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance, 408 Windsor
Not Ranked     

I'm 54 and just bought my Cobra last year. I'm pretty much a Mustang guy, I guess the Cobra is just a natural progression. I've always admired/dreamed of a Cobra, but it wasn't until I sat in one that I got serious... rather quickly in fact. I bought one the next month!