Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   Tips on Picture Uploads and Image Sizes (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/69330-tips-picture-uploads-image-sizes.html)

computerworks 09-03-2006 09:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ERA Chas
Ron,
Sorry to wear you out but I can't find the "copy to clipboard" button...

never a problem.... ;)

ERA Chas 09-03-2006 10:15 AM

Ron,
I KNOW you're showing me MY gallery - BUT, on my screen, that button does not show. That whole light blue area on mine is right under the code tag, meaning it's compressed and there's no room for the clipboard icon.
Lower down, at the bottom of the darker blue area the "delete photo" check box appears. Does that have any effect on the "clipboard"?
Do I have a server from Hell?

computerworks 09-03-2006 12:26 PM

Quote:

...Do I have a server from Hell?

No, that's us. :MECOOL:

We have the server...you have the workstation. ;)

Are you on a Mac?
If Windows, what browser and version do you use? (MSIE, Firefox?, etc.)

Do you see the line under the pic entitled "UBBCode"?

If so...you can simulate the Copy to Clipboard by left-click-and-drag across the whole UBBCode string to highlight it...
..then point to the highlight, right-click and choose Copy.
Then go to the post you are composing, and at the point you want to imbed the image, right-click and choose Paste.
(This is presuming your using Windows)

ERA Chas 09-03-2006 02:11 PM

NO OFFENSE MEANT TO THE SERVER GODS!:CRY:
I'm too ignorant to offend.
I gotchur Windows XP witchur Netscrape 7.1.- all looks like Tokyo-by-night stuff to me. The rectangular plastic lump with wires is by HP.
I do, however, comprehend what you just pains-takingly explained and will defy fate to accomplish it.
Your patience is truly appreciated.

computerworks 09-03-2006 06:39 PM

Quote:

I gotchur Windows XP witchur Netscrape 7.1

...probably the reason for "no button for you."
... use the copy and paste and you will succeed. :p

Clois Harlan 09-15-2006 11:55 AM

ttt for when I get home to post pictures;

Suzuki Joe 01-03-2007 05:51 PM

Mac?

Any suggestions for us lowly Mac users (Tiger 10.4 with Safari)?

computerworks 01-03-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuki Joe
Any suggestions for us lowly Mac users (Tiger 10.4 with Safari)?

Try iResize 2.3.5...

Quote:

"...iResize can batch resize and compress images, known types are: .jpeg, .pict, .tiff and .psd."
Download iResize 2.3.5 for Mac - iResize can batch resize and compress images, known types are: .jpeg, .pict, .tiff and .psd - Softpedia

Keep your attachments at 640x480 and your Gallery uploads to 800x600 or (max) 1024x768

:p

Suzuki Joe 01-03-2007 08:23 PM

I'll give it a go.

Thanks! :)

WarrenG 02-19-2007 08:52 AM

Another option for manipulating photos is ACDSee from www.acdsystems.com. You can do just about anything to a photo with the program, including resizing, color adustments, change to black & white, etc and I believe it still only costs $40-50 (a heck of a lot cheaper than Photoshop). The program also allows extremely fast access to and viewing of photos when you have a large number of them in one folder. They also have a free version that you can use for 30 days to try it out.

65cobra1 03-07-2007 04:08 PM

Tips on Pictures

How do I edit the pictures in my gallery?
Thanks, Ivan

Scufty 03-21-2007 10:49 AM

I too have the same question. I can upload them but then I stay with the same 12 pictures I uploaded months ago

computerworks 03-21-2007 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 65cobra1
How do I edit the pictures in my gallery?
Thanks, Ivan

Simply go to your Gallery and select (view) the picture you want to edit...
http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...editphoto1.jpg

Below the pic's Additional Info area, you will see a link for Admin Options: Edit Photo

Click on that...

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...editphoto2.jpg

...and you can change any parameter...as well as Delete the picture entirely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scufty
I too have the same question. I can upload them but then I stay with the same 12 pictures I uploaded months ago

The Gallery is a repository; your pictures will stay there forever....or until you delete them or we screw up. :p

You can always add more pics to your Gallery.

Scufty 03-21-2007 12:32 PM

I upload more pictures but they dont seem to go anywhere?

computerworks 03-21-2007 12:46 PM

Usually the reason for that is that you are trying to upload files that are flat-out too big.

Raw hi-res images from a camera are usually way too large.

Try and keep the file size under 200k....under 100k is even better.

Images s/b 800x600 or 1024x768

Scufty 03-21-2007 01:09 PM

correct you are thanks Ron

Alex Donghi 05-03-2007 11:33 AM

Thanks Ron
I finally got a new picture in after reading your post above about image size matters. Used your resize to medium and it worked like a charm!

SD5805 06-16-2007 12:49 AM

I still can't figure out how to post a photo in the reply section big like the other members

SD5805 06-16-2007 12:53 AM

Heres what happens

Attachment 12905

This is what happens when i post a photo

wtm442 06-16-2007 04:02 AM

Go to your gallery.
Click on the picture you want to add to a post.
Click on the "Copy to Clipboard" button just below the picture.
Go to the post you are typing and right click and select "Paste"

... and here is a pic of the twins from your gallery :LOL: :LOL: I love twins :p

http://www.clubcobra.com/photopost/d...obra_twins.jpg