23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I will post some 3d cad drawing in about 2 weeks.I still want to know if you guys think this Shelby Cobra is a cool idea.
Thanks,
Don.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It will be a round tube chassis with all billet suspension parts IRS with 31 spline axel shaft and fiberglass body with Kevlar reinforcement .
Thanks,
Don.

Last edited by ddcobra; 05-26-2007 at 07:35 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 08:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2293, Roush 427R-228
Not Ranked     

Don,

Just one dudes opinion, but that proto was downright FUGLY. I mean seriously bad. I think if the public had generally liked it they might have built it. From what I saw online at a variety of sites the car was not well received.

Everything about the proto car sounded great, the chassis, drivetrain, etc were cool, but the body......anyway best of luck whichever way you go.

Daryl
Old 05-27-2007, 03:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I need more post like Daryl to realy know if we are doing a good move!!!!
Thanks, guys
Don.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:00 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Scratch built CSX style frame, Carbon fiber body, 393 Stroker, T-bird IRS, T5
Not Ranked     

Just one man's opinion. Personally, I really like the Shelby Concept car and even more since I saw it up close and personal at the last auto show in town. Up close, these are a very good looking car in an updated Cobra sort of way. I would buy one if the price was right and I was finished with my present project.

Bob
Old 05-27-2007, 04:45 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

3 or 4 of these cars were made for the movie Tripple XXX. Might want to check into that legal angle also. Pretty sure they paid FoMoCo for the use of the shape in that movie.(rent it and check the credits at the end)
Old 05-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The XXX bodies/cars were made at Saleen in Troy, Michigan.
Two RCR employees modified the cobra replica tube chassis and then laid up the bodies over a foam core plug generated from CAD data supplied by Ford.
Be very careful as manufacturers are super sensitive about their current/ recent designs......whether they plan to use them or not.
We did some renderings with the same plan about two and a half years ago and surrendered them to Ford for review, even though we changed over 25% of the Ford designed shape it was still too close.Ford reasoning was that if someone could mistake it for the original concept car then it was too close and an infringement on their IP.....Oh well......
Old 05-27-2007, 05:49 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Very true about the sensitivity of someones design. heck , some companys won't even sell you parts for fear of piracy
Old 05-27-2007, 05:55 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Mr. Bruce, I wonder why???......