14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     

Larry Burton, a racing legend, checking out the carbon car today. Crappy photo but we got 15 miles on the car today after Larry checked it over. Another photo of a lot of talent making some final adjustments. 40 years of "really advanced education" and a lot of overkill though. Talk about blessed? Wow...
Notice the googles hanging on the mirror?

Last edited by double ugly; 12-04-2007 at 10:21 PM..
Old 12-04-2007, 10:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Cool!
I like the goggles hanging on the mirror! Nice touch.
Larry
Old 12-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bought an Exact carbon car in TX. Bought a 427 sideoiler with 630 HP
Not Ranked     

Goggles and ear plugs are a necessity. I needed the earplugs more so than the goggles though when riding as a passenger. The wind noise is brutal.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Maybe a little like trying to fly an F-4 after a canopy malfunction and sitting in a "hot seat" sans canopy?
Sam
Old 12-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Well, not THAT brutal.
John
Old 05-21-2008, 06:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: still dreaming
Not Ranked     

any more news on this beautiful cobra ?
Old 05-22-2008, 11:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Just go to Youtube.com and put "carbon cobra" in the search engine and there John will be running around in his red Cobra. You can also search Youtube users channels and find John and more videos of his very nice Cobra under "jrfoy2".
Sam
Old 01-23-2009, 02:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Old thread, but is Roger still building cars. Are they available? Any website yet?
Thanks
Old 01-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I talked to Roger 2 weeks ago. He had a car to finish and then will take some time off and get to the website and paperwork.
John
Old 02-18-2009, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Dreaming of a 427 Competition car...
Not Ranked     

Any news? Been watching this with great interest and excitement.

Paul
Old 02-18-2009, 01:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

No news yet. I talk to Roger every few weeks.
John.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Im also keeping my eyes peeled for a website and more info.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None at this time sold the last one
Not Ranked     

I called Roger today to inquire about his car, sounds like a well done Covra and I am going to pursue getting one from him (hopefully, I will be able to do it next month). I like what he puts together on the Cobra and how meticulous the cars seem, any other feed back from other owners on the forum?
Old 03-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I bought one of his cars a while back. The attention to detail is AWESOME. It took him the better part of a day to get the only "correct" remaining Mocal oil cooler left in the States for my car. The Cobra is his passion and I can't say enough about Roger's integrity. He is almost finished with the last car and will reflect on pricing as he gets his website up and running. He has been very helpful with the build and I consider him a friend.
John
Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX 2252 sold 3-08, 1986 AC Cobra MK IV #185
Not Ranked     

I did a inspection and appraisal on John's beautiful Cobra a while back and still remember the ground shaking, loud, scary idle. I have never seen such a quality built carbon fiber car before. John made sure it looked period correct, and boy did it ever! Ok, John. I'm ready for my test ride now.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:16 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Anytime Bill. It goes to the upper midwest in May for the summer so hurry up.
John
Old 10-17-2009, 09:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey John
What ever happened with Roger and the carbon bodied cars? Did he ever get a site up?
Just wondering.
Larry
Old 10-17-2009, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR3542K, 347 C. I., EFI, T-5, Miata Front Sway Bar, 3 Link, Red with White Stripes
Not Ranked     

I doubt you will see a website. Roger is a one man operation and has all he can do building cars. No time to mess with websites. We hardly see him at our events. All the comments you see about him are true. Most beautifully done Cobra you will see. A lady in our club has one and it is incredible.
FFR3542K, 347, Holley Sniper EFI, T-5, 4 Wheel Discs, 3-Link, Miata Front Sway Bar, Red with White Stripes
Old 10-17-2009, 10:25 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

He's still working on it. He had a few personal issues to clear up but, I think, he's working full time on the website.
John
Old 10-17-2009, 11:32 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Exact 427 Carbon Car
Not Ranked     

No website yet as mentioned by te previous posters.
Lately Roger has been working own car. We are having a contest over a few Guiness as to who will get on the road first, his Unpainted Carbon car or my Wimbeldon White Carbon car. He is constantly tweaking and upgrading his while I am constantly working and lacking time for mine. So it will be a close finish :-)

I'll try to post some images as the race to the pavement continues.

Later,
Richard

PS He does have an awesome completed Guardsman Blue car with period correct 427 car that could be available for the descriminating buyer.