28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA 2008/351W/TOP-LOADER
Not Ranked     
Default ERA FIA For Sale/ What's it worth?

Ok guy's I'm really thinking about this and I might give in! Give me some ideas on a good target price. I know a good price is what someones willing to pay but seriously, what do you think is reasonable. I DO NOT have to sell and this is more of a test, if you will, to see a responce. I will not give it away but would be fair! I have worked very hard to get to this point and maybe I'm trying to validate this more or less to me. There are pic's in my gallery. If this sounds promising I will post an ad here later. Thanks Guy's and Gal's! Hears the "short list" of what I have:

FIA body: New headlights, turn signals, tail lights, trunk bracket and light, quick jacks, lexan windshield (3), side mirrors, emblems, correct gas cap.

Engine: 1969 351W block (standard right now), New Edelbrock Aluminumperformerr rpm heads, Edelbrock performer rpm air gap intake, Edelbrock "Cobra" water pump, NOS Shelby dual point dist., Melling HV oil pump, Canton road race oil pan, Rollmaster billet timing chain, March pulleys, Comp. valve covers, harmonic balancer, 1 wire alternator, billet aluminum oil remote and adapter, Holley 650 carb.with "LeMans bowls", turkey pan.

Drivetrain: Ford Toploader close ratio, correct tail shaft, New Hurst comp.plus shifter, Heim joint shifter rods, new trans yokes, Magnesium bellhousing, Tilton starter, McCloud billet pressure plate, Centerforce dual friction clutch, Rebuilt Jaguar IRS with 3.54.01 Power loc center section, New axles, seals, bearings, hardware.

Wheels: Correct Trigo FIA wheels with knock off's, 2 Sets of Goodyear Billboard tires (Slightly used).

Interior:New Kirkey aluminum "vintage" seats, New Dash made for original CSX car (drop dash), New Cobra Autometer "Smith" gauges (tach, speedo, oil temp, oil pressure, water temp, volt, fuel level, reverse speedo sender), aluminum panels, shifter boot, New shifter handle and knob, New emergency brake lever, New steering wheel (black leather), custom billet mounting with detachable mount, New steering column and bearings, New 5 point Impact seat belts (2).

Suspension: Front and rear sway bars, Adjustable front suspension, Newer Spax"s shocks and Eibach
springs, Standard ERA brakes and calipers, New steering rack and intermediate, New tie rods.

Misc: Headers (two pipes need to be fixed due to the footbox), Side pipe materials (3" pipe,4 Mandrel bent 90's, collectors, tangs), Correct Harrison expansion tank, Radiator with electric fan, ERA reproduction gas pedal, Correct brake reservores, Roll bar, Fresh air pipes, New oil cooler and lines, New Fuel Safe fuel cell, Oberg fuel filter, Master shut off.

The PARTS NEEDED: This is the honest truth and detail- Paint, wiring harness, seat covers, engine rebuilt, battery, brake lines (I have just need bending), Master cylinders, clutch master, Slave cylinder.
Assemble car.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:26 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 427 SC s/n 718, 428 FE
Not Ranked     

I hope you have some extra shirts in your closet, because you are about to lose a few. Surely after all you've been through ($$,$$$), you'd think of selling without finishing it first?
Old 07-14-2007, 10:55 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I have to agree, to some degree ,about the money.. Either way it's a wash I think, I have to find the right person for the car. The amount invested and the return is the same for me if I finish or not. I guess the biggest thing is finding someone who wants a great and pretty complete kit or finishing the car to my desires and hoping for the best. The biggest differences would be drivetrain choices/ color choices/ etc. Is the ratio's right ,is the color right, etc. I'm having a struggle with it just sitting there and will be for many years to come or making a decision and invest somewhere else. One thing that got me in trouble was getting it primered with the thought I could start blocking and sanding. Well that was 7 months ago!! I suffer from no patience and this drives me crazy at times!! I DO appreciate the responce! Thanks, Matt.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: JCF supplied the body,frame,and some of the driveline-I completed it to be a very accurate 289 slabside
Not Ranked     

This is meant to be a constructive comment. If you do decide to sell, get someone to edit your ad. If I see misspelled words or poor grammar in an ad for a car I stop reading. For those looking for a very nice car (which the ERA is),and these are the people with the money, these things are a turn off
Old 07-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Your hardest part may being finding someone who is willing to finish the car out to what you wanted it to be. Right now if a buyer wants a different engine & etc, would be the time for them to look at it. What I see in the pictures looks very well done.
Why are you considering selling it at this time if you don't mind answering that question?

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 07-14-2007, 11:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CAV GT40 with 331 KC
Not Ranked     

My guess would be based on what it could sell for completed (+-$45k)less what it needs - paint $7K plus engine $5K = $12K just for the big items $45K - $12K = $32k LESS $3k for misc items = $29K

Of course the wait for a new car from ERA is avoided -

I bet $29,000 is ballpark.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:05 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Thanks for the replies! That is around the price I was shooting for. I figured the same. If someone could get the paint and rebuild for cheaper they would be WAY ahead. I have interest in seeing the car done but probably not with in the time frame I'm given. I would probably like to get something already done or another car. I have had 11 65/66 Mustangs and worked on a bunch more. My comfort level is definetly with Mustangs and Camaros (old ones). I also bought some mountain property last year too. Maybe I'm old before my years but it would be a good start on a small cabin for the family. But the biggest reason is I have been after one car for almost 20 years and its the only car I really long for! It's a long shot but just maybe he might sale if he see's cash?? Or if I get him at the right time!! So I have a lot of reasons and like others tell me, it's just not the right time to have such a project. Pat and Ron Thanks for the comments! OH My wife reminded me, I forgot to mention I have a current Georgia title and registration too! It's titled as a 65 Cobra Conv.!! This is huge in days of the frustating registration and title problems! Thanks, Matt.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Matt are you interested in a trade (your car + cash) for something that you could sell quickly?
Old 07-14-2007, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey GeorgiaSnake,I sent you a PM. Give me a call. Thanks Matt.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

You don't have the MSO from ERA any longer?
Old 07-15-2007, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Hey JWheaton, No I never received the MSO from my seller. The car has changed hands twice so it's probably gone. The Biggest thing and factor was the title of course. I've owned a 66 Fastback for 17 years and still don't have a title! It still makes me uneasy to not have a title but it is what it is. What would be the advantage of the ERA MSO? Thanks, Matt.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIA-ERA
I forgot to mention I have a current Georgia title and registration too!
MSO would have been surrendered at the time the title was issued.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."
Old 07-15-2007, 08:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold - Unique FIA - SA 396 Stroker
Not Ranked     

Matt are you the third owner?