Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   rumor control--has SAAC lost its use of Shelby name? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/83483-rumor-control-has-saac-lost-its-use-shelby-name.html)

computerworks 11-04-2007 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tout
Amy, who's running the ship? If you don't know what's going on in a buisness your running, Why not? And if you are really after the new cars why take the license away? DO YOU HAVE CONTROL OF DECISIONS BEING MADE CONCERNING SAI?

John ...lighten up, will ya. You are apparently talking about things you don't understand.

Amy Boylan is president of Shelby Autos in LV...they make cars and stuff.

There are quite a few corporate entities that operate independently in CS's domain.

One such company is Shelby Licensing, in Los Angeles. They don't make cars and stuff. They manage the licensing of all CS's brands and trademarks. That company has it's own president... he doesn't post here.

Perhaps you can call him Monday. :rolleyes:

If the dialog in this thread doesn't stay at a civil level, it will be shut down.

jdog 11-04-2007 12:42 PM

And I see Carroll......

.........doing this!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1EDCbz2lt_0

jdog
P.S. What would this car be without Carroll Shelby?;)

RedCSX1 11-04-2007 12:59 PM

Amen to that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamo
Again, a reminder...keep this thread nice or it will be shut down.

Amy...kudos for continuing to respond to even the assinine comments, and keeping your cool.

:cool:

I could not agree more. Wow what A-holes, why not at least give her a frickin chance? Of course with some of you it will not matter if the club is a sucess you will still find something to complain about. :rolleyes:

Tout 11-04-2007 01:00 PM

computerworks,
It would be a shame if you did that, the two are one and the same , legally they are seperated , but they work hand in hand in this situation. To say one had no conversation with the other on this matter would be un believable.
JohnT

Excaliber 11-04-2007 01:06 PM

Just ban Tout until the thread is over, rather than risk having to shut it down.

Cool UTube post jdog, I hope when I'm Carroll's age I can still do doughnuts in my Cobra! :LOL:

Tout 11-04-2007 01:27 PM

EX,
For what? What don't you like? I haven't done anything except ask the questions. If an honest answer comes along I would leave it alone.
Tout

Power Surge 11-04-2007 01:45 PM

Quote:

EX,
For what? What don't you like? I haven't done anything except ask the questions. If an honest answer comes along I would leave it alone.
Tout

You have to ask an honest question, before you get an honest answer.

As Ron said, you are combining two buisness entities into one, and expecting the president of one company to answer for things she doesn't control. If you want an "honest" answer, then you need to ask the question to the right people.

To assume they all share the same responsibility because the name Shelby is attached to them all, would be incorrect.

mrmustang 11-04-2007 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daltondavid
This matter is truly in capable hands I assure all of you. Fanning flames of speculation and Rumor will not help the matter one bit. Amy has shown me and many others her dedication not only in the past, but in the here and now by basicly not sleeping until a resolution is reached in this matter. while we would alll like to see the matter settled by dinner time tonite, chances are that will not happen. but maybe by "Dinner time" next Sunday, we can all relax knowing it has been resolved in a positive and meaningful fashion that will benefit everybody involved in this hobby. from Original Car owners to Replica owners and even Die Cast collectors!! Think Positive!:LOL:

David,

Although my posts clearly do not read the way they should, I do agree 100% that Amy shows great initiative and composure while dealing with everyone here. I do remember her from Hotwheels and did follow her accomplishments (having a collection that just in weight is over 300 pounds of HW's), and I do wish that she can turn around SAI.....However (yes, there is always the flip side with me isn't there;)), it does trouble me with just how this is being accomplished and at what cost (no not dollars and cents) and toll to the automobile community it's effect will be.

Again I wish her, Carroll Shelby, and SAI well.

Sincerely,

Bill S.

Jamo 11-04-2007 04:13 PM

Good FINAL statement from you, Bill.

Jamo 11-04-2007 05:52 PM

Quote:

computerworks,
It would be a shame if you did that, the two are one and the same , legally they are seperated , but they work hand in hand in this situation. To say one had no conversation with the other on this matter would be un believable.
JohnT

You were given an answer...and your tone to Amy was out of line, as noted.

Take a break from this thread.

Your expected cooperation is appreciated.

Tout 11-04-2007 06:16 PM

jammo,

This will be my last post on this,not because you or EX or anyone else that does not like the questions, the tone is because I feel strongly on this topic and is NOT intended to be rude, but some times a corporate ex needs a verbal kick in the head to let something in that they have overlooked. NO I don't think SAAC is perfect and this would not even be a topic if the license was left in place, there will never be another club that has done what SAAC has done to preserve the cars and their history, protect owners and future owners from fraud and clones in the system.
JohnT

Jamo 11-04-2007 06:35 PM

I don't give a good golly damn as to why it's your last on this thread...I'm just tickled freeking pink that it is.

The "kicks in the head" are what will NOT be permitted in this discussion.

Many thanks. ;)

427sharpe 11-04-2007 10:28 PM

David...don't like to hijack, but could not let this one pass....

"and watch the Eagles play the Cowgirls!"

Sure did lay a whuppin on the poor Eagles, for a bunch of girls! Out $67m man played pretty well, so I guess britney Spears didn't keep him out too late.;) The best game was the afternoon on CBS...Pats/Colts. Can the Pats be stopped??????????

Now we can go back on topic, HOPEFULLY everyone has simmered down a bit!

Trevor Legate 11-05-2007 01:30 AM

Oooh I can feel the testosterone way over here in Sussex.......

Strange how feelings can get so out of hand. It's only about the cars at the end of the day - lumps of metal with a wheel at each corner :-) I guess it's frustrating that none of the people on CC can affect the outcome of this situation. My only observation re SAAC is that it is the only automobile club that has ever taken the time and trouble to help me, a mere foreigner in a foreign country, in my research. In fact they have bent over backwards (if I can say that) to assist, far and above the call of duty. They sent me photos and info back in 1979 and have continued to mail me everything from that date, to keep me in the loop. I'm amazed and impressed to say the least and to this day, I still get a polite response to every commuincation despite the workload they must be sinking under. Is SAAC 'elitist'? Probably, but name me one auto club that does not have a certain 'inner circle'.....Not that any of the above has any direct bearing on the past 13 pages, but I was feeling left out, so that's my worthless 2 cents.

I wish Amy success (and unlimited patience) in all her endeavours and trust that the guys in LA improve their Public Relations image - needs a little polishing.

Jay Little 11-05-2007 06:49 AM

Amy B. I picked up the new magazine Friday night and like what I've been able to read so far.:D Congrats, and hope to see another one soon.

hey,littlecobra 11-05-2007 06:51 AM

Jay, where did you get the magazine?? What's it called again??
(i hate the thought of going back all these pages to find the name of it :eek: )
thanks, Kristen

daltondavid 11-05-2007 07:45 AM

I am Back on the Soap Box...

[/size]
Quote:

Originally Posted by 427sharpe
David...don't like to hijack, but could not let this one pass....

"and watch the Eagles play the Cowgirls!"

Sure did lay a whuppin on the poor Eagles, for a bunch of girls! Out $67m man played pretty well, so I guess britney Spears didn't keep him out too late.;) The best game was the afternoon on CBS...Pats/Colts. Can the Pats be stopped??????????

Now we can go back on topic, HOPEFULLY everyone has simmered down a bit!

I carefully worded that comment to De rail this thread!! apparently it worked as good as the Cowboys plan of attack against the Eagles! Trevor LeGate summed it up nicely. I am SAAC,You are SAAC. it is not just one or two guys that Own or organize things. we believe in the basic beliefs and principles that the club was founded on. Has SAAC not stayed up with the times in some respects people wonder? I believe so. but the Respected benefits the registry they have maintained for 30 plus years and provide for owners of Original Cars, far outweighs a more modern interactive Web site or whatever else people feel they are lacking at this point. I have never seen a SAAC publication that bad mouthed Carroll Shelby. as a matter of fact, every news letter or Magazine they put out does nothing but Glamorize his accomplishments be they past or present. when is the last time Carroll Shelby returned the acknowledgement? SAAC can and will survive with or without Carroll Shelby's "Official" endorsement. think of the annual $aving$ on INK expenses by not having to Type his name several times on every page of a Newsletter or Registry let alone pictures of him in his Glory days?? I believe that Upon Carroll's ultimate Passing on :( His memory will only fade that much quicker from History when he is no longer recognized or even talked about by his Number One Fan Club. a Club that is a sure bet to keep His Legacy alive if he reconsiders things at this point. and while "TEAM SHELBY" sounds great on Paper and conversation, the risk factor in an unproven Company sponsored fan base to carry your Name and Legacy into the future is a Heckuva Gamble. Remember Carroll, it was the things you did in the past that got you into the present. SAAC remembers those days. "TEAM SHELBY" is dedicated towards the 4.6 and 5.4 Liter Powered crowd. to them, you are better known for attending Auctions, than winning races. To both sides, I say this: We the People are Suffering from your failure to communicate! without us, You Both will Suffer. Whoever takes the high road here will win the publics heart. Tempers need to settle down. Issues need to be addressed. Attitudes and presumptions must be checked at the door. And remember, Do Not attempt to make folks in this Hobby take Sides one way or the other!! It could Blow up in your Face no matter how long you have been Building or Registering these cars. Remember the old line we all learned as Children, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but WORDS will never hurt me!" think about what the "Lack of Words" may do to you instead!

(mod note - edited for font size -CW)

Don 11-05-2007 07:50 AM

Prior to this Thread, I was not aware of Amy's employment as a Senior Vice President at Mattel. The press announcement when Amy joined the CSI organization.

"In her new role as President, Boylan will provide oversight of the company's sales, marketing, production and financial areas at the Las Vegas, NV headquarters. "

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...4102925&EDATE=

Excaliber 11-05-2007 09:17 AM

No matter how good an idea a 'business' arrangement might be, it comes down to the people working together. If Shelby and the others simply can't see eye to eye, for whatever reason, it's a bad business plan. It would appear this is the case, SAAC does their thing, without the official license from Shelby, thats the way it is. At least in the forseeable future.

The new way of doing business is to embrace your customers, give them something special, make them feel like a part of the team, offer them a 'club'. LOTS of business' are doing this these days. The Shelby future is in NEW cars, not old ones. It makes perfect sense to embrace the new owners and modern cars, bring them into the fold, give them something special. Aiming (Amying? :D ) at this target group, whilst not alienating others, is especially tough as it concerns the history and passion of the Cobra world.

With the Hot Wheels crowd, it was pretty straight forward (were those the 'salad days' Amy?). It's vastly more complex with THIS crowd carrying around a lot of historic 'baggage'! :LOL:

rdorman 11-05-2007 09:41 AM

The thing that surprises me the most about this thread is a bothered to look:eek: