Club Cobra

Club Cobra (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/)
-   ALL COBRA TALK (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/)
-   -   rumor control--has SAAC lost its use of Shelby name? (http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/all-cobra-talk/83483-rumor-control-has-saac-lost-its-use-shelby-name.html)

amy B 11-16-2007 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gt350pilot
I picked up my copy of the new magazine and found it to be a good read. But in reading it I was very surprised to see something.

A very good friend of mine and his original cobra was used for an advertisement for the new csx cobras. I asked the owner if he had been asked for his permission and he said that he hadn't. I understand that if it was just an image of him it would not be a big deal but would think it would be a different situation to use it in an advertisement. Could anybody hear imagine how quickly Carroll's lawyers would be at your door if you used his image and car in an advertisement in a national magazine without his ok?

Another thing that was bothersome was that in reading the text it was decidedly unclear as to whether the car pictured was an original or continuation.To be sure that I wasn't out in left field I had many friends read the article and they were split about 50/50 about whether the implication was that his car was an original or not. I understand it is in SA's interest to blur the lines between the originals and thier new products but if I owned a car with an originals value I would not want any cloud on it's legitamacy.

Your right, we screwed up, we should have asked first. The add was for new cars, but was representing the DNA of original racing cobras, I did see where it could be confusing, we have talked to the owner, will let him know that when we will want to run again and will specifically say, "original cobra csx 2514"

yes, these types of posts will be allowed.

Amy

amy B 11-16-2007 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamo
Damn good mag, actually.

Love to see Gary P. do a monthly thing on how to drive these little basturds.

Great idea Jamo, I will put it on the list

Amy

gt350pilot 11-16-2007 12:09 PM

thank you Amy

Amy,
Thank you for addressing this issue. I think your solution sounds perfect. My friend did try to speak with you the other night at the Peterson event. Unfortunately after the speeches he said he was unable to locate you.

By the way, as I said before. The magazine looks very good. Enjoyed the read.

TerrysSPF 11-17-2007 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don
gt350pilot:

Can you provide the page number in Shelby that the advertisement appears on ?

..........thanks

Don- I believe the ad in question is on page 35.

shelby racer 11-17-2007 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamo
Love to see Gary P. do a monthly thing on how to drive these little basturds.

Gary is fantastic, and will always bend over backward to help how ever he can, but having seen how much is already on his plate (not that he ever complains - and if you have ever met Gary, you know he always has a smile and a good word - which is one of the main reasons I kept my sanity with all that I have been through with my car) and, although he is a great driver, I think he already has more than enough to take care of. JMHO

John(;-)

Jamo 11-17-2007 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby racer
Gary is fantastic, and will always bend over backward to help how ever he can, but having seen how much is already on his plate (not that he ever complains - and if you have ever met Gary, you know he always has a smile and a good word - which is one of the main reasons I kept my sanity with all that I have been through with my car) and, although he is a great driver, I think he already has more than enough to take care of. JMHO

John(;-)

Have I met him? :LOL:

Me thinks Gary can decide whether he's got the time, and how often. ;)

shelby racer 11-17-2007 11:54 AM

Yeah, I know you have met him. :) That part of the comment was more aimed at the general audience who might not have had the pleasure.

Don 11-17-2007 04:25 PM

Amy:

With the challenges in finding a copy of SHELBY, is there a way to subscribe for the next edition of the magazine ? I got my copy, either the only one or the last, at Border's, after trying a few Barnes & Noble stores. Since then I did not see the Magazine again, looked in Wal-Mart, CT grocery stores, other Border's / B & N etc etc

Noticed the " Display Until February 5, 2008 " and the notation Shelby 2007 Annual.

Future plans for publication are ?

..........thanks

amy B 11-18-2007 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don
Amy:

With the challenges in finding a copy of SHELBY, is there a way to subscribe for the next edition of the magazine ? I got my copy, either the only one or the last, at Border's, after trying a few Barnes & Noble stores. Since then I did not see the Magazine again, looked in Wal-Mart, CT grocery stores, other Border's / B & N etc etc

Noticed the " Display Until February 5, 2008 " and the notation Shelby 2007 Annual.

Future plans for publication are ?

..........thanks

hi Don, we would like yo do them with some regularity. We will be doing newletters as well. The only way to get with subscription is thru membership. If there are more they will come this way. The deal with the publishing house is they sell what we dont take.

Sorry

Amy

the

Don 11-19-2007 05:26 AM

Amy, thanks for the clarification, I will be sending in my Membership. The story regarding the origin and background of the Terlingua Racing Team name and logo was most interesting, as I was not aware of the background. These types of insights sure will add to the enjoyment of future articles .

bret a ewing 11-19-2007 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby racer

John(;-)

Having the title "Director of Fun" burdens him with the responsibility of testing and reporting on the latest Shelby rides.:)

amy B 11-21-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don
Amy, thanks for the clarification, I will be sending in my Membership. The story regarding the origin and background of the Terlingua Racing Team name and logo was most interesting, as I was not aware of the background. These types of insights sure will add to the enjoyment of future articles .

Thanks, we just started talking to Carroll and bill Neale about all those rat pack rcing stories, some not fit for print, lol, but some are priceless, we will be video taping them as well, they tell them better then we could ever repeat them

thanks again

Amy

REAL 1 11-22-2007 06:45 AM

Amy: I think it would be a neat idea to feature a different Cobra in each issue both an original and Continuation series for comparision and include info on the build, specs, history etc...

Ron61 11-22-2007 07:10 AM

Evan,

If they have the room and time that is a good idea I think. Then people could really see the differences in the originals and how far technology has came with the continuation series. It would take a lot of time and research on each Cobra though, as the originals seem to be very hard to really pin down many things on.

Ron :)

Wayne Maybury 11-22-2007 07:36 AM

Did anyone else notice that this thread has reached 22 pages? :LOL: :LOL:

Wayne

Mark IV 11-22-2007 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark IV
I have 21 pages in the pool.................:LOL:

I WON!!!!!:LOL:

jmimac351 11-22-2007 06:54 PM

Amy, regarding zMAX - is it true that Carroll put his name on the line and he meant it?

amy B 11-23-2007 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmimac351
Amy, regarding zMAX - is it true that Carroll put his name on the line and he meant it?

Sorry, I don't understand the question, could you clarify?

thanks

Amy

amy B 11-23-2007 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REAL 1
Amy: I think it would be a neat idea to feature a different Cobra in each issue both an original and Continuation series for comparision and include info on the build, specs, history etc...

You know, this is a great idea, I would have to check, but I think its doable

Amy

Excaliber 11-23-2007 11:02 PM

zMax vs FTC, http://www.zmax.com/ftc.html:
ZMax can continue to make the claims it has made in the past regarding it's product, pretty much what Shelby says here. A. J. Foyt is also a spokesperson for the product.

Shelby:
Quote:

"I've built over 100 different kinds of cars… Shelby Cobra, over 20,000 Shelby Mustang, the Viper…at 77, I wanted to see if I could build another good automobile like the Cobra. I call the car the Series One. We're putting zMAX in each and every one that leave the factory. It penetrates the metal, decreases the friction, cleans the carbon residue out of the engine. Therefore it gives you a more efficient engine and a lot more durability. I've got my reputation to protect and I wouldn't recommend zMAX unless I knew it worked."
So whats the big deal? Myself, I like STP, others don't, use what you like, or not.