26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 08:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 498
Not Ranked     

Bla, Bla , Bla. I am not one who likes change but, I just picked up two (the last two) copies of the new mag. Very nice- tip top quality. May be a little over the top on Mustangs and how great Shelby thinks he is but I enjoyed it. If that is what is to come we just may see the bar raised in our little hobby. Being just a "consumer" not a self-proclaimed "insider" I think I will just see what shakes out.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:17 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo

My point has been and continues to be this...folks don't know everything that is involved, and yet they are boldly offering criticizms and suggestions to both sides of this dispute based upon inuendo and conjecture of what they think is happening. Yes...fun to speculate, but defending particular speculation is usually a fool's game.
Jamo,

I'm no lawyer and I have only occasionally watched actors play lawyers on TV in most likely non-realistic situations, but...

Hey, wait a minute, are you calling me a fool???

Well, I'm perfectly fine with that!

Old 11-27-2007, 09:40 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

I'm not sure the people involved know what's involved, but if we didn't have criticisms, speculation, opinions based on absolutely nothing, suggestions and conjecture, there might not be a Club Cobra forum. It's fun reading.
Old 11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: n/a
Send a message via Yahoo to imagine2frolic
Not Ranked     

REMEMBER.... it is not just another SNAKE in the grass, but also the WORLD'S LARGEST UNBIASED COBRA SITE.......
Old 11-27-2007, 10:09 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1989 KCC from South Africa Right Hand Drive
Not Ranked     

Jamo seems to be the most sane person here!!
Old 11-27-2007, 10:14 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark IV
I just put $2.00 on 33 pages. This turkey ain't done yet!

You are too conservative. I'll say 44 pages by 23:59:59 on December 15th (unless the thread gets closed before then).
Old 11-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

At this rate my question will never be answered...HOW FAR WILL THIS GO?
Old 11-27-2007, 10:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via Yahoo to Joe Wicked
Not Ranked     

I am sure I will get flamed by some for this, but to the comment of "Ol' Shel ruining the registry by allowing more than the "Original" cars in, etc..." My thought has always been that cars that were built to be race cars (or street versions of race cars) are kept original by continuously modifying them. These cars were built as a base unit and then modified to meet the owners/drivers need and wants to perform on the track. I look at the replica's as a continuation of that customization albeit a complete car. I also hate seeing the values on these cars because if I had an original, I would be too terrified to drive it because I would be scared some idiot would hit me. I could not afford to replace it.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Look-a-like cobra POS
Not Ranked     

Regardless of the facts or the evidence, this will end in a one sided battle of attrition or compromise.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Senile Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Time Machines Motorsports LLC- Superformance Dealer
Not Ranked     
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANMADD
THAT is a sad commentary upon the inhabitants of this site!

If we could only harness the posting power here on CC, we could power a magarita mixer in some third world country!

Rick

http://www.timemachinesauto.com/
Old 11-27-2007, 11:36 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 389 427s/o
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHANMADD
Your just referring to this thread -- right?

As a non-lawyer and barely over the age of 30 (close enough) it is a fairly simple thing to hurry up and wait on this whole topic.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

They power a margarita mixer with a weed eater on Norman's Cay in the Bahamas. You have to sail in, or fly in. Only about 100 or less inhabitants there
Old 11-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

The initial facts seem pretty clear to me:

Shelby aint renewing the SAAC license, that sucks.
Shelby wants their 'stuff' back, SAAC says it aint his to have. Exactly what 'stuff' that is is open to speculation, but you can be SURE he is asking for more than he is ethically entitled too. The legal questions remain to be answered.
SAAC digging in for a law suit, a solid game plan knowing Shelby.
Compromise? Puhlhease, don't hold your breath it will happen any time soon.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by What'saCobra?
Nedley
If i gave you the blueprints to the car for your use, i would certainly expect my blueprints back, unless i specifically said at the time you could keep them. But, nothing prevents you from making quality copies for your own use as the information is now public and that publication was accepted by CS et al. To further the objectives of open source availability of data to aid in preventing deceptions, you might separately publish those docs.
Keeping some of that data secret has been part of SAAC's strategy to prevent fraud. For example, SAAC does not publish the Ford serial numbers that correspond to the Shelby serial numbers for GT350s and GT500s. They will only verify whether or not a given pair matches when asked. Thus someone creating an air car for an owner unknown Shelby serial number in the registry, will not know what ford number to use on their fake.

As a side note on open source, as a software developer, some day I really need to figure out the economics of open source software. Then maybe I can convince Doctors, Lawyers, Police Officers, etc. to just do their jobs for the greater good for free. It should help eliminate health care costs, taxes and let the people collect on lawsuits without lawyers taking a cut.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

Dr. Rick
As i read the super-moderator's extended criticism of me, my style, my posting, my opinions, etc, it looks like by definition the only people that can post here about this subject and not be alluded a fool or worse would be Ken Eber, Rick Kopec (both senior owners and directors of SAAC) and the old man. The rest of us "outsiders" might just as well stay home, keep our opinions to ourself, keep our money secure and patronize someone else and some other advertisers.

i refuse to become the SuperM's subject matter. i thought the subject was the long simmering drama between Shelby and SAAC.

Obviously, our superM does not believe that 12 honest men right and true could judge anyone's guilt or honesty, because they were neither shot nor pulled the trigger. But, i confess remaining a bit confused about his personal birthing experiences bearing on my points made.

Given my current rather extended negotiations with a major advertiser, walking away from CC would seem rather extreme. i did that to Shelby years ago when he walked away from us and i did that to SAAC years ago at one of their first meetings. Shelby abandoned car owners and i opened discussions with AC about parts, services and development bits. SAAC were, to be gentle, seriously uninformed about the cars, Shelby, racing and the car's history. SAAC management has seriously improved. Some markedly. Shelby is still a racer.

To post here, perhaps we should now have or claim to have more than 30 years experience in any particular subject. (Which i do, by the flying way. Much more.)

Perhaps we could claim we sleep with the various parties directly. Would that be close enough to the action? (About which i would not speak even innuendo.)

Or, we could assume that at least one member of the moderator board is not unbiased and does not represent all of the management. i would prefer to hope this is closer to the truth.

Either way, i will leave for the moment to enjoy his artful company. i get the clear instructions that he would prefer to live without my opinions sullying SAAC messages to the public or posted on this forum. i do not wish to lose my own posting privileges as i have great respect for the other posters here. i am sorry to believe it will happen if i express my views here about this entire matter any further.
--------
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington
Old 11-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4141
Not Ranked     

Um.....err.

What the hell you talkin bout Willis?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:05 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Whatsa,

So I'm a fool and you're a fool too. So what? Does that mean Jamo is going to stop our foolish posting on this topic? That is not the impression that I got. I'm not exactly sure if your posting style is iambic pentameter or haiku, but it does seem to have a long following nature and an interesting aftertaste. Some may enjoy that. So why not continue sharing your thoughts with the rest of us fools?
Old 11-27-2007, 01:11 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Several
Not Ranked     

Thanks 1...
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
George Washington
Old 11-27-2007, 01:29 PM
Canadian Gashole
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Johnex 427 S/C, 351W, 472 HP, 444 lbs. torque
Not Ranked     

I am not a member of SAAC so I have to ask can non-members purchase SAAC T-shirts, posters, etc.? If so, how would I go about it? I ask as I would consider it to be a shame if SAAC were eventually forced to turn over these items to SAI. At least I could take something off their hands for a fair price before such an event were to take place. Maybe a few others can do the same.

I get the feeling that this may become a rather long thread.

Wayne
Old 11-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Maybury
I am not a member of SAAC so I have to ask can non-members purchase SAAC T-shirts, posters, etc.? If so, how would I go about it? I ask as I would consider it to be a shame if SAAC were eventually forced to turn over these items to SAI. At least I could take something off their hands for a fair price before such an event were to take place. Maybe a few others can do the same.

I get the feeling that this may become a rather long thread.

Wayne
http://www.saac.com/saacStuff/index.html

Hey SAAC has a forum now. I guess with everyone else having one, why not.