LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2008, 05:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, Ford 428 SCJ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID GAGNARD View Post
.....I hear one of the crankoids may be dressed up as CS, but that imposter should be easy to spot......
He'll be the one with a perky butt.

Brings a whole new meaning to "Shelby replica"...LMAO!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 05:28 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     
Red face

Quote:

BTW: I hear one of the crankoids may be dressed up as CS, but that imposter should be easy to spot.......

David
David,

I believe those plans have changed, tempers are cooling (for the moment) and me thinks Rick and co. are taking the high road on this one until they can understand where it is going. No need to fan the flames.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:47 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

I can always arrange a State Visit instead by an Important (impoverished) Author - my (sorry, his) price is very reasonable
Old 08-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Legate View Post
I can always arrange a State Visit instead by an Important (impoverished) Author - my (sorry, his) price is very reasonable
I might be will to kick in a few bucks for said author to make an appearance at SAAC-33, but I'm afraid he might just take the money and vacation somewhere on the European continent instead.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:41 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby Cobra CSX4206 aluminum body, original 1965 NASCAR 427 SO, Dual quads.
Not Ranked     

Thanks Ron for the simple and succint answer. Thats all I wanted to know.

Of course the usual peanut gallery chimmed in with the usual assundry of idiotic comments. Oh, in case the crowd here didn't know there was a thread on SAAC forum dealing with this very issue in which many members were hoping SAI did show up. I also received information from a good source that Shelby was involved to some extent with Thunderbolt Raceway and planned to be there for the openning which is the same weekend as ...yes...SAAC 33.

Boy don't you guys look stupid now.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham, KMP178 / '66 GT350H, 4-speed
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
Thanks Ron for the simple and succinct answer. Thats all I also received information from a good source that Shelby was involved to some extent with Thunderbolt Raceway and planned to be there for the opening...
Don't know if that is the case, but the inaugural event is this weekend with the SVRA Race August 7 - 10.

Quote:
The New Jersey Motorsports Park (NJMP) kicks off its inaugural spectator event season with a month long grand opening celebration. First up, the Sports Car Vintage Racing Association (SVRA) Thunderbolt Inaugural Race. The SVRA will roar into NJMP with the finest assortment of Vintage race cars from around the world. Expect to see historic Can-Am cars, Vintage Formula 1, and many famous Trans-Am muscle cars as you walk through the paddock. Listen to the sound of history as a blast from the past goes rushing down the front straight of Thunderbolt Raceway! Don't miss this "Historic" event!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:53 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SOLD: 2013 Boss 302 Mustang #2775 (both options). SOLD: 95 Mustang Cobra R #4 of 250 "Rosie's Diner" car. SOLD: CCX2-2505, #5 of 7 289 FIAs ever produced at Contemporary! my first Cobra: Unique 427SC w/ 428CJ moder!
Not Ranked     

Quote:
I also received information from a good source that Shelby was involved to some extent with Thunderbolt Raceway and planned to be there for the openning which is the same weekend as ...yes...SAAC 33.

Ahhhhh...beg to differ counselor.

...other than a limited opening for some 'club' members in prior weeks, Thunderbolt is open now. PDA/NASA has been running the Thunderbolt course yesterday and today.

Last edited by John McMahon; 08-06-2008 at 09:56 AM..
Old 08-06-2008, 10:22 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Of course the usual peanut gallery chimmed in with the usual assundry of idiotic comments. Oh, in case the crowd here didn't know there was a thread on SAAC forum dealing with this very issue in which many members were hoping SAI did show up. I also received information from a good source that Shelby was involved to some extent with Thunderbolt Raceway and planned to be there for the openning which is the same weekend as ...yes...SAAC 33.

What happened to the air of love, understanding, tranquility and humility of a prior thread where we all said that Evan is really deep down a wonderful smart guy?

Now we're called the "peanut gallery" and look "stupid"? Hmmm. Look who's calling people names?

Just based upon what I've read in the past several months from the many published sources and prior CS/SAAC history, I would think it will be a cold day in "you know where", before CS attends another SAAC event. Unless they all have decided to drop their lawsuits and smoke a peace pipe.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 184/482ci Shelby
Not Ranked     

Damn Evan...your dick's probably flatter than a ping pong paddle.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMahon View Post
David,

I believe those plans have changed, tempers are cooling (for the moment) and me thinks Rick and co. are taking the high road on this one until they can understand where it is going. No need to fan the flames.
okee-dokee, didn't know..........it was meant in good fun, not trying to fan any flames...

Quote:

I have not seen anywhere where Shelby had anything to do with the track, maybe you could let us know whom your "good source" is to verify this info???????Seems your "good source" is not very good as others have proved your info wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As to the peanut gallery name, well, I've been called worse, just remember, you started this thread/pi$$ing match, not the "peanut gallery".... you should have posted your question on the TS site........

and being in your line of work, you above others, should know or at least have reason to know that CS showing up under the current circumstances is not going to happen, yet you started the thread,also, knowing another pi$$ing match would evolve......
everytime that you have "opened your mouth" latley, you surely put your big foot right in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW: You going to SAAC 33???????

David (aka: peanut gallery)
Old 08-06-2008, 12:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 1421 351W
Not Ranked     

Juggernaut - we need more popcorn...looks like Jamo's gonna let this one go to page 3!
Old 08-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2100 Rio Red Wimbledon White Stripes 302 stroked to 331 Webers Richmond Road Race 5 speed
Not Ranked     

Real 1, you must have been the arrogant little kid in school that got his ass kicked after school everyday. They must tell you at the high school reunions that you have not changed one bit, or maybe you don't go to your high school reunions because there probably would be a line of guys still waiting to kick your arrogant ass!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:01 PM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     

Quote:

I have not seen anywhere where Shelby had anything to do with the track, maybe you could let us know whom your "good source" is to verify this info???????S
David (aka: peanut gallery)
Amy B made a post over on the "official" Shelby forum pretty much stating that Shelby helped design it.....I guess because it came from SAI's official spokesperson (Hi Amy), it must be true

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 08-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 427 S.O. Dual Quad / Cobra undecided
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
Damn Evan...your dick's probably flatter than a ping pong paddle.

A lot shorter too, obviously trying to compensate for some form of inadequacy
Old 08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Amy B made a post over on the "official" Shelby forum pretty much stating that Shelby helped design it.....I guess because it came from SAI's official spokesperson (Hi Amy), it must be true

Bill S.
Well,I stand corrected now the proof is in.......

BTW: I helped design it too, just ask me if you don't believe it........

David
Old 08-06-2008, 01:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     
Cool

Quote:

Bill S.
Quoting from the NJMP website:

"American racing icon Carroll Shelby has lent his expertise to the developers of New Jersey Motorsports park, a new multi-use racing facility in southern New Jersey. As one of the leading Motorsports and automotive minds in the history of the industry, Shelby has for the first time helped collaborate on a new Motorsports facility."

End quote.

The track was developed by the same team that did VIR. As far as Mr. Shelby's "collaborating" or "lending expertise"....well he has done that most of his career and in the process laid claimed to many things that were successful due to the sweat of the folks that worked for him. You can't honestly think that he designed the course/facility...that's just laughable.

Last edited by John McMahon; 08-06-2008 at 01:31 PM..
Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA, Ford 428 SCJ
Not Ranked     

Fan away John!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:49 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:

For someone who's an attorney, he sure does appear to get his facts wrong.

Being a conspiracy theorist, I think he does this "hit and run" in order to create more fodder for the CS lawsuit against SAAC.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Abnormal CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Don't think I'll be getting a Cobra for a long time... Do have '94 RX-7 R2.
Not Ranked     

Quote:

Bill S.
You hang out at the "official" Shelby forum?

Google seems to work for me.

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/shelby.html
Old 08-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

OK, here's my latest theory. Carrol Shelby's nom de plume (pen name for those that don't speak French) IS Evan!
Closed Thread