Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

That is about as cool as it gets. WOW
Old 06-10-2009, 08:39 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Anybody have any more pictures of old Cobras "resting".
Old 06-10-2009, 10:22 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

He has 3 289 cobras, here are a few pictures of one of the others that is about to get restored. It only has 28 miles on it, it was wrecked on a test drive from the dealership

Old 06-10-2009, 12:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2001 SPF, Sold =(
Neutral     

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93CobraR View Post
Heres more pictures as requested. As you can see he has a original set of fenders to fix the car.
Wow... thats great. I wouldn't change a thing! Dust it off, and get it out there for people to see. I dig the fact it's in "as raced last" condition.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Send a message via AIM to PDHse
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up

Fantastic !
Old 06-11-2009, 05:39 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     
Default Cobra wrecked on test drive

Amazing! That Cobra with 28 miles on it - I looked at that car in Cincinnati over 30 years ago! I went to look at a wrecked DeTomaso Mangusta at a body shop down there. That Cobra was sitting outside behind his shop. Once I saw the Cobra, I was no longer interested in the Mangusta - but, I could not talk him into selling the Cobra. The paint and the wire wheels were in much better condition thirty years ago.

Never was able to wrangle a deal on a real 289 Cobra, although I looked at a few over the years - always just out of reach (more recently - WAY out of reach). I ended up buying a Pantera, which I enjoyed for a dozen years, before selling it to build my ERA FIA car (I kept the BOSS 351 engine and Webers that I had put in the Pantera for my ERA).

Very cool! What's the VIN on the 28 mile Cobra?

Jeff
Old 06-11-2009, 06:06 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Wow, as everyone else said, except for that goober STL Mark , leave it as is please and take pictures when you dust it off, it would be worth more to me as is than restored I know that. Thanks for sharing!
Old 06-11-2009, 10:10 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobrajeff View Post
Amazing! That Cobra with 28 miles on it - I looked at that car in Cincinnati over 30 years ago! I went to look at a wrecked DeTomaso Mangusta at a body shop down there. That Cobra was sitting outside behind his shop. Once I saw the Cobra, I was no longer interested in the Mangusta - but, I could not talk him into selling the Cobra. The paint and the wire wheels were in much better condition thirty years ago.

Never was able to wrangle a deal on a real 289 Cobra, although I looked at a few over the years - always just out of reach (more recently - WAY out of reach). I ended up buying a Pantera, which I enjoyed for a dozen years, before selling it to build my ERA FIA car (I kept the BOSS 351 engine and Webers that I had put in the Pantera for my ERA).

Very cool! What's the VIN on the 28 mile Cobra?

Jeff
Here is the Mangusta that you saw, it used to be a off white or tan color but he painted it this red color, he has two of them. Here also is a few pictures of one of the two Boss 429 cars that he also has. The boss only has 6300 miles on it and the Mangusta only has 6100.

Old 06-11-2009, 12:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR MKII - 460 Crate with Cobra Jet heads, 750 Quick Fuel Carb, and Edelbrock Torker II Intake port matched to heads
Not Ranked     

Can I come hang out at 'friends' place? One of our members now lives in Columbus (near London) and would love to see these cars.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleVenom View Post
Can I come hang out at 'friends' place? One of our members now lives in Columbus (near London) and would love to see these cars.
I wouldn't mind but he is very weird about letting people know about the cars much less see them. He actually doesn't even really know that I posted these on here or he would probably flip out. Anyhow, I will talk to him and maybe we can work something out.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Naw, I know, was kidding. I mean, we do have a former member there, but I would be the same way about letting strangers NEAR a collection like this. Love the pics. If you restore, post some progress pics. I really like these "barn finds" type stories and love the as is original stuff.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

TTT, Anyone else??
Old 04-29-2016, 05:43 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I just ran across this thread while doing a search for "Sieben & Skinner cobra". The reason I began searching: My grandfather (Harry Skinner) is the "Skinner" referred to, on the side of the car. The car was based out of Kansas City mo. Stories of this car have been in my family since I was a kid. I believe the car was owned and driven by Tom Sieben and maintained and tuned by my grandfather, Harry Skinner. I have pictures of this car on the track at Kansas City International Raceway from the summer of 1973. I will try to get them dug out and posted sometime this weekend.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Senior CC Premier Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Lifetime Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX #4xxx with CSX 482; David Kee Toploader
Not Ranked     

As others have already said, don't restore it! Hell, I'm not sure I would even dust it off!
Great stuff!!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance #1309 www.spfowners.freeforums.net
Not Ranked     

This thread is nearly 7 years old, anyone know what he ended up doing with this car?

http://spfowners.freeforums.net/
Old 05-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Here are some pics taken of the Sieben & Skinner car (CSX2353) at Kansas City International Raceway, summer 1973:
Attached Images

SunDude and joyridin' like this.
Old 05-01-2016, 11:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF#0760
Not Ranked     

Look closely at rear of car. Are those an early attempt at wheely bars?
TN Shelby Cobra likes this.

Large, easy to read and trace schematics with part numbers, wire colors, wire gauge, fuses, and electrical upgrade information. Trouble-shooting and replacement part numbers for those roadside repair adventures.
SPFWiringDiagrams@Comcast.net
Old 05-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

They are indeed wheelie bars. A heavier ("weighted") flywheel was used on the car. This caused the car to tend to wheel stand hard. The bars were put on to correct this issue. Wheelie bars were pretty common in drag racing by 1973.
Old 05-01-2016, 03:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default Some Information

Just saw these posts . I was not on site in 2009 . When I saw this Cobra it was mid to late 70's in Mahomet IL . Chuck Rayburn had it for sale . Chuck was a previous owner of two GT350 race models a 1965 and a 1966 . His family were owners (part?) of University Ford in Champaign IL . The Cobra in the garage did not have a roll bar , hardtop or wheels and was not wrecked .
It did have the tall shifter ,webers , large cut out in the hood and a SUN tach mounted on top of the dash . I will try to find the photos that were taken with my Kodak 110 camera . Hope to post in the future . Chuck did mention Salt Walther in the conversation .
Best ,
Mike
Old 05-02-2016, 12:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: COX 6111 - '66 "AC 289 Sports."
Not Ranked     

MIG427, something doesn't add up. If you saw this car in the mid to late 70's, it would have been after the shots taken above, when the car definitely had the hard top, wheels, etc. And apart from narrower rear wheels, that is exactly how it looks today. I'm hoping you can locate the photos you took to see what they show and when they are dated.