LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 03:24 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CSX4990-shelby 427
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
... if I had spent a couple of years building every aspect of my FFR, lost a finger or two in the process, maybe the wife & kids even left because I spent all my time in the garage and. admittedly, it looks a "little rough around the edges," it just might bug me that another guy strokes a check to Peter P. or the Kirkham bros. (or for that matter SPF, etc.)....
Snub........................
Old 06-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobra25 View Post
Snub........................
Uhhh, CSX4xxx cars have been known to throw a snub or two out there. It has to do with that "Yes, it's real (but not original)" thingy....
Old 06-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Uhhh, CSX4xxx cars have been known to throw a snub or two out there. It has to do with that "Yes, it's real (but not original)" thingy....
Ran into one of those folks. Said his was real, unlike mine.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
Ran into one of those folks. Said his was real, unlike mine.
No doubt you took solace in the fact that your SPF, whle being tens of thousands of dollars cheaper, is better built as well.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Evans? Sal? Tom? Anyone?

Really, if you think about it, this thread is setup for failure.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodKnock View Post
Really, if you think about it, this thread is setup for failure.
The object is to engage in banty rhetoric, all the while treading lightly enough so as to avoid the dreaded yellow card.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
The object is to engage in banty rhetoric, all the while treading lightly enough so as to avoid the dreaded yellow card.
Two yellows make a red card.
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Birds of a feather snub together. I even see it on the road with my fellow Corvette owners. Yeah, we have that "wave" and all (and it's kind of cool when you think about it). But, you're still finding yourself comparing your ride to the next guys. I think it's just simple human nature, no different than dogs sniffing each other's azz. If you get snubbed, just roll your eyes and continue to enjoy the ride.
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: scratch building
Not Ranked     
Cool Snub

I am scratch building mine and could give a s..t what anyone else thinks..It was that way with my Harley....T-bucket..."30 ford coupe..etc.Don't plan on any shows, just us out cruising........
Old 06-10-2009, 04:29 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar LS427, 408w, 48IDA Webers, TKO 600, 9" Currie 4-link 4.11 rear
Not Ranked     

Yeah, last week I was parked at a show, and for some reason (I still can't get over this) out of all the real hot rods, Camaros, Corvettes, 32' coupes, 57 Chevys, 60's Mustangs - traditional hot rods - I am with the 1990's - 2000's Mustang group, not that I do not like Mustangs, but this guys treat them like Lamborghini's and they are all stock - V6? What the hell? I am not knocking the Mustangs, but trust me when I say these ones need to be kept going to and from school and shopping.

I was parked there with them for some damn reason - and I have about 10 people around my car, a lot of attention - A LOT. The "leader" of the mustang gang with his SVT says to the others "Reach under the fender - if you feel fibreglass - its a peice of s**t". I overheard him and said "You should speak a little more softly - someone may over hear you. If you want - the Fontana Speedway has open track night in a week at the dragway, how about the loser pays the other's entry? You can bring your friends and show them what fibreglass can do to a stock SVT Mustang. How about it?"

Red in the face - still no response...hmmmm.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Sold my EM.
Not Ranked     

I haven't experienced the snubbing that inspired this thread, but it may be because I'm not much of a car show guy. I love cruise-ins and unjudged events, but my car was built for the track, not the trailer. I go mostly to look at the other cars and talk to people who have questions about mine. .. I have observed that quite a few car show people in all types of cars take the whole 1st place / second place thing very seriously. If you bump into one of these, don't be surprised if he looks for some way to directly or indirectly say that his car is better than yours.
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." - Hanlon's Razor
Old 06-10-2009, 04:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

There are axxholes in every crowd. I like the comedian who came up with the response "You could just be someone I don't know." This was to the guy who told him "I could be your best freind or your worst enemy." I have a pretty good list of people "I don't know".
Old 06-10-2009, 04:51 PM
CC Member / Sponsor
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey, If you want to get use to others snubbing you because of what you have, try the corvette club. This is one persnickety bunch, I just sold my 2002 Z06 Lingenfelter twin turbo, because I'll never be like them. Not the only reason, but a good one. They were the most, well I'm not going there. Anyways, they seem to lighten up a bit when I would bring around the cobra. Funniest thing I have ever seen, some of these guys.

If you have other cobra owners snubbing you for what you have, then you are with the wrong group of guys. KCC are the best when it comes to genuinely great People.

Bill

www.gcperf.com
Old 06-10-2009, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: FFR- Ford 5.0 EFI
Not Ranked     

AtlantaCobra- I've found the Cobra community to be very receptive and nice. I've only been snubbed once (non FFR owner) and chalked it up to the guy's a jerk no matter what he had. There are a lot of us in the ATL area and get together quite frequently. You are more than welcome to join us on a ride or track day. This isn't my first post here but can't get my old log in info so this is a new ID for me. I'm just up the road past Buford.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2932 with 438 Lykins Motorsports engine. Previous owner of FFR 5452.
Not Ranked     

I'm being snubbed right now by my fellow FFR owners as soon as they found out I had ordered a new SPF.

However, they said I can still go on rides with them as long as I stay in the rear at least a half mile back so no one thnks I'm with them.

And they will even let me pay for everyone's lunch when we stop.

What a great bunch of guys!

I'll miss them!

Last edited by jhv48; 06-10-2009 at 06:52 PM..
Old 06-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
I...they said I can still go on rides with them as long as I stay in the rear at least a half mile back so no one thnks I'm with them.
You have to stay that far back in order to see over the oversized hindquarters that the FFRs have.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:44 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

We have one guy up here in Ct that drives a beat up ERA that he thinks is real--i explained to him one day when he was telling me -- that my BDR was not real -- that ERA was a copy also- we stay clear of each other now. OH by the waythe ERA is red.
joeg
Old 06-10-2009, 05:51 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe g View Post
OH by the waythe ERA is red.
By any chance did he recently catch a hot-foot in Tampa? One less Cobra in Tampa Bay area
Old 06-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC, 289 c.i. with a T-5 "Living the Cobra Experience"
Not Ranked     

I've had mine in about ten shows since it was finished last spring (Tommy - it hasn't even been on a trailer since the build was complete, some folks do drive them to shows).

Haven't been snubbed yet, I'm sure it'll happen one of these days, when it does, I'll be ready, thats for sure!

"Living the Cobra Experience"
Old 06-10-2009, 06:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Factory Five MK2, Ford Racing 345HP Crate motor, TFS Street Heat, Redline ECU, T5, 3 link
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhv48 View Post
Us FFR owners are just naturally defensive!
Good one Jim!

Funny thing is I suspect I know what show he was at and know at least one of the Roadster owners at the show.

I think we have a great fraternity, and very little ego. We go on rides and have folks with other makes go most of the time. It is very interesting to most of us to hear other peoples experience with their particular make.

Some of us will be at Road Atlanta this weekend supporting a few local spec racers, and everyone is invited to come hang with us!

Frankly I don't see many of the other makes at track days, or Autocross, or even HPDE.

AtlantaCobra do you work out at the fitness place on PIB and Rogers Bridge?