28 29 30        

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 351, 5speed
Not Ranked     
Default "wet Paint" where should I order this stuff?

Thanks!
Joe used it with GREAT success and I want to continue using it since the car Looks fantastic!
Thanks guys!
JB
Old 06-14-2009, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2009 Solbra
Not Ranked     

http://www.wetpaintglaze.com/ordering.html

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.
(No doubt, most will blame it on the donuts.)
You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
The gene pool could use a little chlorine.
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:42 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF 2613 Titanium w/Black, Roush 402SR
Not Ranked     

I think you have to buy it direct. The stuff is great! I alternate between Meguiar's detailer spray and the Wet Paint.

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it
Old 06-14-2009, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Glad you like the shine. i should have put the rest of the bottle in the car when It left here. nothing else in my drive way worht using it on once the Cobra left.
joeg
Old 06-14-2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF - 351W, 944 non-turbo
Not Ranked     

Exactly why isn't it sold in stores or online? Are they afraid of making too much money?

Bob
Old 06-14-2009, 05:02 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Ex CSX3327, & AK7113 AutoKraft AC MK IV
Not Ranked     

nothing beats "Fleetwax -Aeronautical and Marine Paste", I have tried "wet paint and returned to pure , easy to apply carnuba over the laquer w/o clear coat.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: csx4163 full comp alu. body
Not Ranked     

I tried on my bus conversion and had a problem with it, dust attraction. Had to wash bus several times to get all of it off. I was looking for a easy way to keep up on huge chore. Over 1100 sq. ft. would try most anything once.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:38 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Backdraft, 351, 5speed
Not Ranked     

Thank everyone!

The finish on this car is AMAZING for its age so I just have to continue using what Joe recomended......its ordered and on the way!
Old 06-16-2009, 04:18 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Professional Cobra & Streetrod Builder
Send a message via AIM to Double Venom
Not Ranked     

Et.-,AL.,
Having a profound interest in the paint-shine department I sent them an e-mail requesting an answer to a simple question-"Does you product contain any SILICONE?" BADDDDD stuff! But, often used to get a highly reflective finish!)

I get a very short, one line answer back the same day from "Steve".... I am sorry but we do not divolgue-discuss ANY components in our product!

I simply wrote "Steve" back and told him that his product looked good on the Cobra site, however without knowledge of his product containing any SILICONE we would be forced to exclude having "Wetpaint" in my shop or even using it.
..........No reply........................
So.....back to Carnuba, Mequires, etc.
Just so you know!

DV
PS. Even "Coca-Cola" lists their contents on every can!

Last edited by Double Venom; 06-16-2009 at 04:20 AM..
Old 06-16-2009, 04:25 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Et.-,AL.,
Having a profound interest in the paint-shine department I sent them an e-mail requesting an answer to a simple question-"Does you product contain any SILICONE?" BADDDDD stuff! But, often used to get a highly reflective finish!)

I get a very short, one line answer back the same day from "Steve".... I am sorry but we do not divolgue-discuss ANY components in our product!

I simply wrote "Steve" back and told him that his product looked good on the Cobra site, however without knowledge of his product containing any SILICONE we would be forced to exclude having "Wetpaint" in my shop or even using it.
Just so you know!

DV
Good call. If it has silicone, it'll turn your car into a mess over time.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:24 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Venom View Post
Et.-,AL.,

Just so you know!

DV
Most of the people that I know who own a Cobra also use some sort of detailer spray(Meguiar's, Mother's, etc.), which includes Silicone.

Meguiar's has an FAQ on regarding silicone and modern paint.

http://www.meguiars.com/faq/index.cf...ection=_19#_19

No stop signs, speed limit - Nobody's gonna slow me down - Like a wheel, gonna spin it

Last edited by Got the Bug; 06-16-2009 at 08:22 AM..
Old 06-16-2009, 07:36 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby CSX4005LA, Roush 427IR
Not Ranked     

The MSDS lists kerosene.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

WOW,
Talk about propaganda! 'Silicone' was used thorough the 70's by OEM and car dealers alike. They sold and applied it as a once in a lifetime miracle "Never have to wax your car again!" (You guys older than 30+/- remember that hype? Dealers were selling this miracle 'stuff'-applied for over a $150.00 a treatment!

Harmfull to paint? Gotta take "Mothers" advice on that but I'm sure the hundreds of customers (and I mean Hundreds after having a custom body shop for over 40 years!) I repainted their cars for, would probably argue that statement! Paint faded, peeled (mostly Gm and their water based EPA approved primer) and cracked.

I have washed cars with lacquer thinner, tide, prep-sal, professional cleaners everything but jelly to de-contaminate a cars surface that had been done with a silicone product!

FISHEYES, well they are dead on with that statement. Before we-my crew and my wife and I were imformed-(By Dupont) She used "ARMORALL" ON THE DASH OF HER CAR. WE HAD TO REMOVE ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING THAT WAS NOT ACTUALLY PERMANENTLY MOUNTED in the shop then Steam clean the entire shop and equipment.
It then still took months before I could paint anything without getting Fisheyes! Another note is all paint manufacturers will tell/teach you to use as little Fisheye ELIMINATOR as possible, (Forgot the reason for that now.) NOT to keep adding it until your paint lays down right! I have seen were a full pint to a qt. of mixed paint isn't enough!

Maybe it wasn't the silicone creating the problem, but it sure was/is an additive that is used with it. Think about this for a moment; how many products especally automotive waxes and or cleaners that advertise big time that their product contains NO silicones what so ever!

I dearly love Mothers products, but the way they presented their "silicone" story, just fry's my old arse!

OK..I'm done.
DV

Another Internet hoax or wrong information due to ignorance? I don't think so!

PS..I HAD TO COME BACK AND ADD THIS; I/WE ARE NOT ADVOCATIING THAT THE PRODUCT DOESN'T SHINE! IT DOES AND PRODUCES A GREAT SHINE BUT,.....IT IS THE LONG TERM USE THAT IS IN QUESTION !!!!!!!!!! JUST HAD TO KEEP THIS POINT CLEAR!

Last edited by Double Venom; 06-17-2009 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: CONFUSION???
Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

As one who has tried so many wax's over the years i rubbed the paint off my 70 Boss 302, i swear by WET PAINT. I have used mothers , maguires etc and just found wet paint to shine the best on my (now Jon's BDR) which was blakc. no swirls etc.
joeg
Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Same here with silicone....or at least old silicone products. I remember painting cars and the cars would come into the shop looking like a haze. We would ask them the type of wax they used and they would pull this bottle of crap out that basically was silicone. Out came the Dawn dishwashing liquid and we would scrub the car before prepping it.

Wet Paint sounds like Liquid Glass.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:16 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF-2659/Roush 427SR
Not Ranked     

I use speed shine by Griot's garage...should I be concerned at all?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Gary Edwards Racing 460
Not Ranked     

So does Wet Paint have Silicone? I just bought some and used it once. Nice Shine. BUt i dont want to keep using it if it will mess up the paint.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBattaglia View Post
So does Wet Paint have Silicone? I just bought some and used it once. Nice Shine. BUt i dont want to keep using it if it will mess up the paint.
Yes, but so do a lot of detailer sprays like Mother's and Meguiar's. I alternate between the Meguiar's detailer and the Wet Paint.

I clay barred the car and applied some wet paint recently, and this finish looks better than when I took delivery of the car two years ago.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

CBattaglia,
This is a copy of the 6th or 7th post in this thread....

"Et.-,AL.,

Just so you know!

DV
"

DV

PS.. Got the Bug,
Not being sarcastic or evil spirited in any way...I would love to see your car or a picture of it in five years! Once again, I never said, implied, or in anyway declared this "stuff" didn't work! It is all about the long run-to me-honestly- you are taking a heck of a chance. But.... I certainly have been wrong before!

Last edited by Double Venom; 06-17-2009 at 04:38 PM..
Old 06-17-2009, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadster, 302, roller cam, Holley 650
Not Ranked     

DV, What is your opinion of the "Ice" products.

Jim