26 27 28 29 30 31  

Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 07:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison- 351C
Not Ranked     

Fellas, I have found that in my 40 years of femaledom the best way to deal with a jerk is to IGNORE them. If you pay them no attention, they'll usually take their toys and go home. Remember-Ignorance is Curable...Stupid is Forever. Don't be stupid. ~G
Old 09-25-2009, 07:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYM810ANCE View Post
Fellas, I have found that in my 40 years of femaledom the best way to deal with a jerk is to IGNORE them. If you pay them no attention, they'll usually take their toys and go home. Remember-Ignorance is Curable...Stupid is Forever. Don't be stupid. ~G
You are 100% right. I apologize for not following this.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: None, sold it
Not Ranked     

Other than the last couple of posts, I think this thread is getting to be the reason that this post came up in the first place.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote: Please don't be such a stranger!

Flip, Thank you. It's nice to know others feel the same. I think we need to start a new thread entitled "Your Favorite Cobra Story". Whether they're personally experienced or passed down it just might get us back on track for why we're here.
Tell your wife I said "HI and You go Girl".
~G
Old 09-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Stolen Avitar
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: BDR 1311 428PI
Not Ranked     
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfletch View Post
Let me help you. Try to read the misogynistic posts, trailers and avatars from a female perspective.
What? What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYM810ANCE View Post
I was raised to believe I could do anything I chose to. We built my first car, a "junkyard" '65 Mustang by my 16th birthday. I hunted with "The Guys" and got manicures with the girls (always making sure my nails matched my car). I was taught to always be a lady! But I was also taught that men will be MEN! Growing up in a "mans" hobby, whether it is cars or guns or anything else, is a choice. In making that choice I am fully aware of what I may be exposed to and I can also choose not to participate when the "mood" goes in that direction. It's like anything in life...my rights end where yours begin and vice-versa. I may not agree with what you have to say (or how you choose to say it) but I will fight for your right to say it; because then I can say my piece too.
I do like to see the posts that are more helpful than hurtful, but I also think alittle jabbing is fun too.
Milady you sound like my beloved wife! She is very much feminine when she wants to be and is a police firearms instructor by profession. She also loves our Cobra. You guys whose women don't like your cars are missing out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argess View Post
I even like that Dr. guy better, and that's not saying much.

Great....now I've broken my own rule and havn't been able to ignore what I'd of liked to......
Awwww, come on?! You don't like Doc 460? I think he's a riot and I have an FE!

Really guys (and girls, we have to be equal always!) in the words of the immortal Sgt Hulka; "Lighten up Francis!"

Steve
Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

For those that don't know, here it is:

Old 09-26-2009, 01:31 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argess View Post
Based on the fact I don't like the above poster (due to comments he once made on one of my posts), I feel free to point out that the above quote is exactly the kind of thing that that turns people off from forum contributions.

I even like that Dr. guy better, and that's not saying much.

Great....now I've broken my own rule and havn't been able to ignore what I'd of liked to......
One of my faults is that I tend to speak my mind, and I'm sometimes blunt about it. It's something that I'm aware of, and try to work on. Sometimes I just screw up.

If I offended you, I'm truely sorry and offer my sincere appology.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:34 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
Silver,
Did you change your avatar because of Ms Fletch?
When my wife and I joined some of the NW members for the run over to Sun Mountain Lodge in Winthrop this year, one of the ladies mentioned that she was offended by my old avatar. Out of respect for her, I changed it when we returned from the trip.
Old 09-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 1967 E-M with 302 Ford
Not Ranked     

I don't post that often unless i can help with with anothers need who has asked for help. I look at CC every day as well as many others but stay on the sideline and watch some children play. This is a forum that allows alot of lead way for anything that some one has to say but all members should remember that we are not all democrats and we are all not republicans when we visit this unbiased site. We are all not blessed with the same veiws an opinions as others.
I still enjoy every time i am driving my cobra an also enjoy seeing other cobras being driven and we wave at each other.
PLEASE THINK OF OTHERS BEFOR YOU ?????
I ENJOY READING HAL COPPEL'S AND OTHERS EPISODES OF COBRA STORIES HOW EVER THEY SEEM TO NOT SHOW UP ON CC ANYMORE
WHY??????

BONOS
Old 09-26-2009, 04:59 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Custom built Excalibur 351C
Not Ranked     

I continue to "lurk" here but don't post much.

That is all
Old 09-26-2009, 05:35 AM
CC Member/Contributor
Visit my Photo Gallery
Gold Star Contributor

Cobra Make, Engine: 70 Shelby convertible, ERA-FIA, 66 mustang convertible, mystery Ford powered 2dr convertible
Not Ranked     
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
Evan, Are you really so self centered that you think we are jealous and envious of you and your car?

You appear to be the one with the problem, not others.

John,

Evan is an attorney by trade who gets off on the sheer conflict here. If you ignore him, you win, if you give him the attention he desires, you lose. Basic psychology 101.....

Bill S.

First time Cobra buyers-READ THIS
Old 09-26-2009, 05:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: A & C, 351W, Tremec 3550. Exiled Member: Club Cranky
Send a message via ICQ to Roscoe
Not Ranked     

Just think how Evan would act if his Cobra was real........

Wink,
Roscoe
Old 09-26-2009, 06:10 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
John,
Evan is an attorney by trade who gets off on the sheer conflict here...
Bill, his problems are much deeper than that.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:21 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
I have mostly quit posting because of health problems and the fact that I no longer have a car. Just doesn't feel right to be posting after I had to sell my Cobra. Also my knowledge of cars isn't enough to really help many people. I still read the posts in hopes of learning more than I know.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
Just doesn't feel right to be posting after I had to sell my Cobra.
You know, I understand that as I lurked here for years as a "Guest." However, having owned a Cobra, coupled with the fact that you have over 17,000 contributions to this forum, places you in an emeritus position. After all, RHIP. You still get the key to the Officer's Club even though you may no longer be on active duty.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:01 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Thanks Patrickt,

I am hoping that I may someday have another replica, but that is in the future. For now I just mess with the 69 Cobra and drive it some. Also several people drop by the house to look at it and I get to talk quite a bit with them. I belong to the FCA but don't hardly ever go there and post even less as they are mostly based back East and only show up at some of the car shows. I like their magazine or would have quit that site long ago. There is more to learn and see here than on any other site I have been on.

Ron

View my Miscellaneous Gallery
Old 09-26-2009, 07:37 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote: Milady you sound like my beloved wife! She is very much feminine when she wants to be and is a police firearms instructor by profession. She also loves our Cobra. You guys whose women don't like your cars are missing out!

Steve, Leave it to us "Southern Girls" to be "well rounded". Of course, assuming she's a southern girl because your from Georgia; She's beautiful, obviously intellegent and must be a good aim, so if she isn't from the south, she meets all the criteria. Scarlet would be proud.
Seriously, it's nice to hear about other women who appreciate the same things I do. But where you said "You guys whose women don't like your cars are missing out!", I think their wives are missing out too.
I don't know alot about the mechanical aspect of the hobby (I tend to rely on the guys here and a few special friends I've made in our local club)...I know the basics. The size and type of motor, what type of carb, transmission, rear end etc. and I know the difference in a flat head and phillips. That being said, my tool box is bigger than my husbands. He probably has a better understanding than I do but not the passion. But he "supports my habit". He can't hardly drive my Cobra...he's 6'5 and about 310lbs, but he gets into me being excited about it. If more women understood that, the world would be a better place. Maybe your wife and I need to start the "I support my mans car habit" movement. ~G
Old 09-26-2009, 07:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 289 FIA #2108
Not Ranked     

Wait a minute! There're WOMEN on this site?!?!

Hard not to think of ClubCobra as a "boys club".

Shoot! I was finally going to get around to posting that picture of Danica Patrick in a bikini laying on a Cobra into my gallery...

DD

"You're kidding, right?"
Old 09-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Senior ClubCobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: LA Exotics
Not Ranked     

I appreciate the way the Australian's run their forum. Good natured, respectful, a ribbing here or there; but no attacks. Even their pool room is a nice joint.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:03 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

[quote=Dangerous Doug;987222]Wait a minute! There're WOMEN on this site?!?!
Hard not to think of ClubCobra as a "boys club".
Shoot! I was finally going to get around to posting that picture of Danica Patrick in a bikini laying on a Cobra into my gallery...

Don't let me stop you Doug! Any women who looks like her, and can drive like her, can lay anywhere she wants in anything she wants. ~G