Kirkham Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 03:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

rodknock,

I don't mean to cause you heart burn, Sir. You are unaware of the way this site presents itself to females. Not your fault, of course.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: KMP 539, a Ton of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
There is no woman on the face of this planet, of which I am aware, that is interested in my Cobra.
Maybe it's because of the "two roll bar" thing.

The only female that showed any interest in my Cobra was the old woman in her Mercedes next to me who was fanning herself (inside her car with the windows rolled up no less) because of the exhaust fumes from my car.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdfletch View Post
rodknock,

I don't mean to cause you heart burn, Sir. You are unaware of the way this site presents itself to females. Not your fault, of course.
No heartburn at all. Yes, I am unaware of the way this site presents itself to women. Honestly, I really never thought about it. I better go watch that Mel Gibson movie again, titled "What Women Really Want."

I need to get in touch with my "other side."

Humor (or lack thereof) aside, I know you want the best for this site. However, in my opinion, for some reason in life today, people always want to complain or criticize, but never want to be a part of the solution or volunteer for anything. I know this first hand.

Though I don't know how you would solve or volunteer to make the issues that you feel need to be addressed here go away.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

BTW, for what it's worth, I would never call a woman a capon.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

rodknock,

"Yes, I am unaware....."

Let me help you. Try to read the misogynistic posts, trailers and avatars from a female perspective.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
rodknock,

Ms Fletch,

I apologize if I have ever written anything to offend your sensibilities or gender. Nothing in your ID name or profile states that you are a woman or even own a Cobra. Which is fine-privacy is welcome here.

I will say that it's my experience that 95% or more of the participants here are not offensive to women or are sexist pigs.

Is it your view that the site presents itself to your gender in that way?

I agree with the other posters who've said that there are simply numerically less women owning or interested in Cobras-by a huge margin. I don't think we drive them away from this site with bad behavior.

Please comment on your perceptions.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:49 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #732, 428FE (447 CID), TKO600, Solid Flat Tappet Cam, Tons of Aluminum
Not Ranked     

Quote:
rodknock,

"Yes, I am unaware....."

Let me help you. Try to read the misogynistic posts, trailers and avatars from a female perspective.
... and RodKnock, that does not mean "while looking at the ceiling."
Old 09-25-2009, 03:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Chas,

"I don't think we drive them away from this site with bad behavior." Yes, Sir you do. Your condescending post is one of the examples. I'm sorry for you. I mean you no harm.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I agree with sdfletch. Remember Chas, acknowledging that you have a problem is the first step to correcting it.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:04 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

I'm just clueless. I always miss the obvious. The avatars! Huh.

What about Jamo's avatar then? That one REALLY offends me.

Seriously, have you ever been to Facebook? A lot of women frequent over there.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:12 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Send a message via MSN to CowtownCobra
Not Ranked     

Many of us are still here. If this place seems less civil, its probably largely due to the uncivil world we live in now. Its everywhere, unfortunately here too.....
Old 09-25-2009, 04:16 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Chas,

"I don't think we drive them away from this site with bad behavior." Yes, Sir you do. Your condescending post is one of the examples. I'm sorry for you. I mean you no harm.
Nor I you.

If you view my post as condescension then we can agree to disagree. In no way was I patronizing you.

I asked for a serious and simple explanation of your views of what you feel is 'wrong' with the site. I was hoping for a two-way (or more) discussion of your observations. You have apparently refused to present those views. Telling someone 'you don't get it' and then politely offering pity because of their perceived ignorance smacks of an agenda or shoulder chip. Not very friendly, mature or sporting.

If you do feel we 'don't get it' here, why are you a member and keep coming? There is no evidence that you're a Cobra person, a techie, hot rodder, biker or even a car person.

Patrick, our Village Idiot is having a ball with this. Ignore him. I am honestly trying to get your views.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Half-Ass Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERA Chas View Post
Patrick, our Village Idiot is having a ball with this. Ignore him. I am honestly trying to get your views.
So Chas, just how long have you harbored this hidden hostility towards women?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:47 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Crendon 427 S/C 428 FE+toploader
Not Ranked     

line up over on the right gentlemen, the Diversity and Equality issues training course will be starting in 10 minutes.

We will guide you though set of carefully graded exercises and role play classes examining and facilitating exploration of some of the issues preventing you from fully integrating and fullfillung your roles in society. ah-hem.

Old 09-25-2009, 05:25 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrison- 351C
Not Ranked     

QUOTE: RodKnock- will have to take the counterpoint to this statement. Is this lack of credibility quantifiable?
No women posters may be a reflection of our hobby in general.
As others have said, just read threads you like. Personally, I steer away from anything that's not Cobra or car-related. The other threads I ignore. Actually, this is the type of thread I tend to ignore. Why? While it purports to want things they way they used to be (credible, respectful, many women), back when Eddie Haskell and The Beave were on TV (hyperbole), what actually results is a bashing thread...the exact opposite (e.g., no respect, no credibility, no women, etc.).

I have to agree with this...

Hello Boys, it's been awhile. I am probably one of the first female members on CC but I tend to read and not post....but had to get in on this one. I relate to alot of what has been discussed here. I grew up a true "Daddy's Girl". I have pictures of me dressed in frills and lace sitting on his lap reading HOT ROD magazine at the age of 3. I was taught the "religion" which is Shelby/AC/Ford/Cobra. My bedtime stories consisted of the roar of engines not dragons. I grew up loving the smell of gasoline,the leaded kind, gun powder and french perfume. My mom and dad had a sporting goods and pawn shop and I was raised to believe I could do anything I chose to. We built my first car, a "junkyard" '65 Mustang by my 16th birthday. I hunted with "The Guys" and got manicures with the girls (always making sure my nails matched my car). I was taught to always be a lady! But I was also taught that men will be MEN! Growing up in a "mans" hobby, whether it is cars or guns or anything else, is a choice. In making that choice I am fully aware of what I may be exposed to and I can also choose not to participate when the "mood" goes in that direction. It's like anything in life...my rights end where yours begin and vice-versa. I may not agree with what you have to say (or how you choose to say it) but I will fight for your right to say it; because then I can say my piece too.
I do like to see the posts that are more helpful than hurtful, but I also think alittle jabbing is fun too.
As far as "real" vs. replica...Yes, I would love to have a real Cobra just because of it's history; However, if I had to trade my dads Everett-Morrison for it....NO DEAL! His car and the memories it holds means more to me than even Mr. Shelbys Supersnake. Isn't that the point...the memories that we experience, inherit, build or help others build, in my opinion is what the LOVE of this car is all about. Thank you to all of the guys who have helped me through the years to the ones who didn't . ~G
Old 09-25-2009, 05:38 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance # 532, 466 BB, 560HP
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by REAL 1 View Post
....bad attitude and jealous envy of others motivating many to put the car down.....
Are you really so self centered that you think we are jealous and envious of you and your car?

You appear to be the one with the problem, not others.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:12 PM
6th Generation Texan
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star Classics #240,Candy Apple Red,Keith Craft 418w - 602 HP,584 TQ
Not Ranked     

Quote:
rodknock,

"Yes, I am unaware....."

I agree.It does get rather embarrassing at times.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:37 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post
Are you really so self centered that you think we are jealous and envious of you and your car?

Silver,
Did you change your avatar because of Ms Fletch?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:48 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CR 427 S/C, 351W, 5 Sp & KMP142 - 427 SO, 4 Spd
Not Ranked     

HYM810ANCE,
Great to hear your input. In my book you are a special, rare bird. My wife
did not have your exposure while growing up, but had more than a lot. She
has been a big help when I need tools or a hold back when wrenching on my
Cobra (or other car for that matter). She loves to cruise in the beast and
has driven it too. I have to agree with the memories - it is the path taken
and not the arrival at the destination that provides the best memories. I think
most here will agree with that.

Please don't be such a stranger!
Old 09-25-2009, 06:51 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback51 View Post

Based on the fact I don't like the above poster (due to comments he once made on one of my posts), I feel free to point out that the above quote is exactly the kind of thing that that turns people off from forum contributions.

I even like that Dr. guy better, and that's not saying much.

Great....now I've broken my own rule and havn't been able to ignore what I'd of liked to......