Club Cobra GasN Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Keith Craft Racing
Nevada Classics
MMG Superformance
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
Keith Craft Racing
MMG Superformance
Keith Craft Racing
Keith Craft Racing
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Old 09-18-2011, 07:21 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: acc
Not Ranked     
Default rear end

Ok I've looked for the answer on line and can not find one. I have the rear end in the frame. When I measure off the frame to the end of the end of the axle housing there is about 1/16" difference side to side. Is the normal and when I measure from the inside of the frame to the center of the pinion gear it's off center by 1/4". Again is this normal? Other than that moving along good, engine will be ready in 3 weeks or so. Getting ready to order tranny TKO 600. I'm really enjoying this build. I'm taking pics as I go, will post them soon. Does anyone use solid motor mounts? I thought about using a front engine plate and a solid trans mount. What's your thoughts.
Dave

Last edited by daverascal; 09-18-2011 at 08:06 AM..
Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     

As I recall yes....solid mounts aren't needed...Joe provides a good and easy system for installing your engine and trans
Jon

Last edited by saltshaker; 09-18-2011 at 08:01 AM..
Old 09-20-2011, 08:04 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: acc
Not Ranked     

I talked to Joe he said the panhard bar will take out the 1/16" and not to worry if the center section is not centered. I alos asked him if I could get away with an 11" tire in the rear, I found some MT 26X11X15 I like. He said they would be fine. I was at Summit over the weekend looking for a posi unit. They were on back order, what I bought was a racheting locker, suppose to be the hot ticket, they unlock when you go into a corner a then lock up once you straighten up and apply power. dave

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: