Club Cobra Gas - N Exhaust  

Go Back   Club Cobra > Manufacturers, Engine Builders, tools, and parts. > Antique & Collectibles

Nevada Classics
Main Menu
Module Jump:
Nevada Classics
Nevada Classics
Keith Craft Racing
Advertise at CC
Banner Ad Rates
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
MMG Superformance
March 2024
S M T W T F S
          1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Kirkham Motorsports

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-2012, 08:43 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hunter - 427
Not Ranked     
Default Shock spacers

You might find, as I did, that the preset height will change when you are complete with assy. with motor installed. My car looked like a 4-wheel drive. I had to bring it down front and back. The shock set up looks like it has changed a little since a got my kit in 09.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am wondering about the brake pads that came with the 11" brakes from A&C. On the front they are the GM single piston calipers. They are pretty simple. My only question has to do with the brake pads. The inner brake pad has a clip on the back that fits into the piston. The outer pad fits into the caliper OK but there is no retaining clip. There's nothing to attach the outer pad to the front caliper?
Old 02-20-2012, 05:06 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Contemporary Cobra
Not Ranked     
Default Pads

They ride on the pins that screw into the caliper and then into the mounting bracket.
Jon

Last edited by saltshaker; 02-20-2012 at 05:10 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 05:31 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I posted a couple of pictures in my gallery. The outer pads don't have a tab that touches the caliper pins. They seem to fit otherwise but no ears on the pads like the inner pads to go over the pins.
Old 05-27-2012, 06:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Hey a quick progress update on my A&C. I have my chassis done and drivetrain bolted on. I used my frame as an engine test stand and fired up the engine for the first time. I went with a GM HEI module to go along with my Duraspark distributor (thanks Roger!). That was really straightforward. I used a cheap gauge set to measure temperature and oil pressure. I used an ignition wiring harness from Quickcar that was a cinch to connect. Along with some friends we set the timing and after some sputtering got a reasonable idle going. I can now button it up. I will be ordering wheels soon and going to Buffalo this summer to pick up the body.

Old 05-27-2012, 07:13 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: acc
Not Ranked     
Default looks good

Nice job you ran your brake lines the same way I did, looks clean and straight. I'm a bit further along than you, I had hoped to have it done by now. Ran into a bunch of problems plus I work a ton 7 day weeks so I work on the car when I can in the evenings.
Dave
Old 10-14-2012, 04:57 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

I am having lots of fun hanging my doors on my A&C cobra (=sarcasm). Can someone tell me what the final distance between the cowl bar and firewall ended up being?

Also how do the hinges on the passenger and drivers differ? I am starting to wonder if they were mis-marked.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-17-2013, 06:46 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Well my A&C build is "done"---I have been street legal now for all of about two weeks and I have about 200 miles on the odometer so far. So far the shake out cruises have been great and I just had the front end realigned and it is tracking much better. I am looking at a few dwindling days of good weather ahead in Pennsylvania so I hope to make the best of it!

In retrospect, the build was great. It took about 20 months to complete from delivery to getting PA license plates/registration. My son who was 9 when I started is now 11 and enjoying being my co-pilot on our weekend cruises. There were some challenges along the way but I am happy where I ended up. It will be a process of continuous refinement I can see! I just replaced my seat cushions with memory foam which lowered my seating position by about 3 inches (= much better). I have a long list of planned winter projects on the car.

It was great to get help from so many forum members and use these archives to identify solutions to problems. Here are a couple of pictures...
rcobrakit67 likes this.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SUPERFORMANCE w DOUG MEYER ENGINE
Neutral     

Looks Great!
Maybe we will get a few more warm days here and there.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Antique and Collectible Autos 408w
Not Ranked     

What color did you go with? Is it zat blue from the website?

Last edited by rcobrakit67; 11-23-2013 at 08:15 AM.. Reason: Didn't realize this was an old post sorry
Old 11-24-2013, 06:45 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

It is not "zat blue." I wanted a darker blue--more of a royal blue. The color is ultramarine blue (RAL 5002- Color Gel Coat RAL 5002 Ultramarine Blue in stock | Fibre Glast). Joe matched it very well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: